Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

Reviews of Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

Memory Care Reviews for Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

May 10, 2016

By Kristan1

I visited Poets Walk and we went there in hopes that the price would be a little bit less and it was a little bit less but not enough to counteract a 50-mile drive from where we live. This place was brand-new and is just for memory-care people only, no assisted living. Very nice staff, very friendly, lovely facility because it's brand new and again it's only for people with dementia. It's much more spacious because they have more land there. People can walk outside but not really wander away. They have a special room for stimulation, based on a Swedish theory or methodology for caring for people with memory loss. They had a beauty shop, pets therapy; everything looked really nice. They had separate dining rooms for people with moderate dementia versus people with advanced dementia. It really looked lovely and the only reason we didn't pick that place because it was 15% less than the place in this area but not 50% less and I felt like driving an hour away to Fredericksberg would be too inconvenient to be able to visit my mom enough frequently.
Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you too to leave us such a detailed review.

March 01, 2016

By Pinkpeony1

Poet’s Walk at Fredericksburg is very clean. It looks like a luxury hotel and it is a brand new facility. There’s plenty of room for the residents to walk. It is big, bright, and beautiful. There are outside spaces that are enclosed for the resident’s security. It just looks very inviting. The nurse that is in-charge was fantastic. They want to do the assessment of my husband at our home because they believe that they will get a better feel for the patient so this nurse in-charge came to my home to do the assessment. My husband and I had no idea the assessment was already being done. When I went there, the residents were having snacks. Whenever they wanted a snack, they could freely get a snack. Some of the residents were in a lounge watching TV. They have a Snoezelen Room. When the patients get anxious, they can go into it. It’s very relaxing with decent stimuli for the patients. The staff here are so nice and understanding. They assured me that my husband will be well-cared for.
Thank you for your detailed review and positive remarks. We appreciate your support and time you took to leave us a review.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Costs for Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

Photos of Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

Services and Amenities of Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

• Housing Extra: Studio Deluxe

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Poet’s Walk Fredericksburg

At Poet's Walk Fredericksburg we combine the latest knowledge on memory care treatments with active living amenities so our residents enjoy everything life has to offer.

This holistic approach means that we focus on treating memory issues and go beyond to meet the needs and preferences of each resident. Our C.A.R.E. Flowers program gives us insight into each resident’s preferences and cognitive capacities so we can tailor our approach. Everyone is different - and our memory care supports individuals in leading the lifestyle they want.

Residents of Poet’s Walk enjoy the finest features including private apartments with en suite private showers and so much more. The following are just some of the features and amenities you and your loved ones will enjoy when you choose Poet’s Walk:

• Beautifully landscaped grounds
  • Beauty & barber shop to renew your spirit
  • Bistro for socializing
  • Bright and spacious gathering areas for entertainment and recreation
  • On-site medical offices for peace of mind
  • Reflection room for peace, tranquility, and quiet time
  • Two enclosed courtyards and patios for relaxing
  • Two spacious dining rooms to nourish your body
  • Wellness center to encourage healing
  • 24-hour Nursing
  • State of the art emergency call and point of care system
  • Electronic Health Records including eMAR System (Electronic Medication Administration Record)
  • Individualized Services Plans