Ashby Ponds

Reviews of Ashby Ponds

Independent Living Reviews for Ashby Ponds

January 06, 2018

By daughterofresident1

My parents have been there 3 years. One of the reasons we chose it was if we needed help with care, we assumed they had some available. They have none. If you have an issue, you’re on your own. They also have only 1 rehab/assisted living and no guarantee you can get a room there if needed. My parents have also told me the food is terrible and I have been there a couple times and truly can’t even eat it. They charge a huge down payment and monthly fee, these shouldn’t be lacking. It is an immaculate building and like that they have what they need in 1 place.

July 19, 2017

By AED

My parents recently moved into Ashby Ponds. While there are many good amenities, the managing is poor. We never heard anything from the sales/marketing person once we signed. We've had to call numerous times for things to be fixed or appointments to be made. They never respond to the first call or email. Overall a real disappointment! Think twice about it. They get you in and then good luck.

July 17, 2017

By Walter H.

Ashby Ponds is a brand-new place and it is very large. Everything is first class, but it's also expensive. The deposit is huge. There were so many people there. They also accept pets. There were lots of rooms, and there were apartment-type accommodations. The staff is good, and they even have my name on a parking place. The food is also very good, but you only get one meal per day, and you take care of the rest. Everything you want to do, they have it.

April 18, 2017

By Elena781878

We have decided to move to Ashby Ponds. I thought it was the best. They are top quality and close to family. I like the area because it’s an open space. It has a lot of amenities and large apartments with a lot of light and space. My husband has been sick and has a lot of support if he needs doctors and nurses. The food is OK. I will have one meal a day, so the other two meals are up to me, which is fine.

March 23, 2017

By Fortunate family

I was very favorably impressed by the people, services and facilities at Ashby Ponds. My relative was distraught at losing a spouse and did not want to move from their home. The transition was was difficult because of grief. Within six months, his attitude improved considerably. After one year, he was very happy and appreciative of his surroundings. He has made wonderful friends, enjoys the activities and has received excellent care. Ashby Pond is a blessing.

March 07, 2017

By Anne856715

Ashby Ponds was very pleasant. The rooms were very nice. The person who showed us around was very personable. Their meal plan was variable. They were very clear about the number of activities they had available, like lots of arts and crafts and theater. The community was very large, so because of the size, you can do just about anything you’re interested in. There was an attractive bike path outside.

February 07, 2017

By John243658

Ashby Ponds was pretty nice and clean and had some nice facilities. They had a nice dining room, a library, and some art classes. It’s on a good area of land. What we liked about it was the fact that their walking area was enclosed, so that you could have a good long walk. You don’t have to go to the mall; you could stay on the property and walk around, and if there is bad weather, you don’t have to worry about that because you could walk around the property where the buildings are all connected by enclosed hallways. I know they offer activities for tours and physical activities and entertainment because the membership director told us some of the things that they do. All of the residents seemed pretty happy. They are pretty comprehensive in their list of sevices that they provide.

December 14, 2016

By HappyDaughter818

My Mom is a resident here and she is so happy and thankful she chose Ashby Ponds. To clear up some confusion in the other postings I read listed on this site... it is by no means "out in the boonies". It is in the middle of a huge residential area, up the street from where the Redskins practice. There are shops and a huge mall 5 mins down the road. Those who live in DC might consider it far outside the beltway but yes, there is life outside of DC and Loudoun is a bustling, gorgeous area of VA to live in. The apartments are NOT all alike. There are many floorplans to choose from. My Mom was able to choose the floorplan she wanted along with the colors of tile, cabinets and countertops. There are moderately sized apartments, very large ones and many sizes in between. Once you move in you are NOT expected to pay for local transportation, unless of course you choose to hire a private taxi for transport. Ashby Ponds provides local transportation to many places including the post office, grocery stores, shops and the mall, all free of charge. They also have a shuttle bus that runs throughout the community to provide transport within Ashby Ponds. My Mom has met so many people and developed wonderful, close relationships with other women in the community. Countless times she has told me she can't believe how lucky she is to live in such a beautiful place, to have made so many friends and that she is happier than she could've ever imagined being, after having lost my Dad suddenly back in 2014. Ashby Ponds is very safe and secure and the staff takes excellent care of the residents. My Mom had a medical emergency last month and the staff were there in minutes after she pulled the emergency cord in her apartment, caring for her and evaluating her condition. It makes me breath easier, knowing she is safe and in good hands. Every location within Ashby Ponds can be accessed via internal hallways and bridges. This means that my Mom and her friends need not ever step foot in any ice and snow during the months when the weather can get dicey in this area. She parks her car in an enclosed, parking garage under her building. Ashby Ponds has exceeded our expectations and I will continue to tell anyone and everyone how happy we have been with our choice to have my Mom move here.

September 19, 2016

By Patricia508003

Ashby Ponds was nice; the people and the accommodations were nice too. I like the fact that they had different dining rooms, and the only thing I dislike about it was that it was so far out in the boonies when I call. They do have a bus service, computer classes, physical therapy, and cooking classes. The apartments that I saw were extremely nice and nice laid out. They had granite tops and a nice kitchen. If the location were better, I would move in tomorrow.

September 11, 2016

By Jack Hood

We have lived here just over two weeks and everything has exceeded our expectations. The security is the tops, food is fine restaurant quality and the neighbors/staff very friendly and helpful.

September 08, 2016

By Schottman

Once you have paid the downpayment and have moved in and paying the monthly payments, should you want to go anywhere with transportation, you must pay privately. Not included!. If you want to take an exercise swim class, must pay for that too. Frankly I find that this place nickels and dimes residents horribly.

January 13, 2015

By anonymous74630050

I like Ashby Ponds. Everything in it is very elegant and clean. The only thing is that it is huge, and I do not know if I will be happy in anything quite that big. I do not like anything too small either, but it is too big. It has a pool, bathtubs, and a gym. The rooms are like in any other places -- they are all about the same. The staff is very nice, and they have a list of activities.

May 10, 2014

If we would decide, so far, it looked like that Ashby Ponds would probably the one we would go to. It had a lot of wide open places. It was lovely and a fairly new facility. It was really clean and bright. We were just really pleased with the whole atmosphere of the place. The young lady who assisted us was very helpful, and they had other presentations. We had been out there two or three times to attend some functions.

Services and Amenities of Ashby Ponds

About Ashby Ponds

Ashby Ponds is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 132 picturesque acres in Loudon County, Virginia, Ashby Ponds is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Ashby Ponds offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Step outside your maintenance-free apartment home and stroll to our spectacular clubhouse through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that let you laugh at the weather. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, and classrooms. Not to mention a bank and ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Ashby Ponds also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Ashby Ponds