Lakehouse On Dixie

Reviews of Lakehouse On Dixie

Assisted Living Reviews for Lakehouse On Dixie

August 25, 2014

By Shirley97911950

My mother has been sick for four years, so we moved her around because she'd be unhappy. Lakehouse is the nicest place I have ever had her. They are never too busy to be with her and they call me right away if there's any worry that they think I need to know. You can go there anytime you want although they do lock up at night. But no matter when I go the place is clean and mom is always clean. They go by and give them hugs; things that really mean a lot to an older person. The lady that owns it is so nice and she make sure it's working. The residents can walk and there's always someone with them. They could go all over the place because the yard is beautiful. They have patio furniture out on the back where they can go out and sit and there's a lake with ducks. It's unbelievable! When I heard about it I thought I can imagine what it would be like. Well, I didn't. I had no idea. I have had nothing but good experiences there. Please believe me I've had a lot of bad ones everywhere else. I would highly recommend them to anybody. I have been there when they eat lunch, and the food is good. It's food that residents would like. I can't say anything but nice things about them. My mother has Alzheimer's and she's very unhappy with everything, but she does tell me good things about her experiences there. The girls that she has are unbelievable. The residents get individual attention. It's so different. It's home to my mother.

June 22, 2012

By Bren1775

This is the first assisted living facility that I have been to that is owned and operated by individuals in a home atmosphere. It truly is like being at home. The facility is new and just getting started, but I was truly impressed. The staff is very friendly and seem to be very well informed and alert to the needs of the persons staying there. They are in the process of completing sidewalks and different projects to make the facility even more inviting. They have birdhouses and a man made pond in the distance, that residents can watch and look at from a distance. This is a facility that not only the residents will enjoy, but the visitors as well.

Questions about Lakehouse On Dixie

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Lakehouse On Dixie. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages in the community usually start at 70. Residents do like the chair exercises and playing ball that we do daily at 10:30 am. Snack time that is at 2 pm is another favorite. Movies and listening to music are also favorites.

What programs or activities does Lakehouse On Dixie offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have chair exercise and playing with the ball daily for the morning activity. 2 pm daily it is coffee and dessert. We have a church group that comes in once a month and during the month we do other activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Lakehouse On Dixie exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Breakfast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday we offer toast, cereals, oatmeal and grits. The other days of the week it is eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, biscuits, gravy, etc. Lunch -baked chicken, pasta, pork chops, roasts, veggies, rice, mashed potatoes, etc. Dinner is our small meal. We offer soups, sandwiches, pasta, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Lakehouse On Dixie offer to assisted living residents?

Our home is ADA Compliant and we do have a monitored fire system.

How does Lakehouse On Dixie keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We send pictures and videos to family members.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Lakehouse On Dixie during daytime and nighttime hours?

On the day-shift, there are 3 caregivers and at night 2.

If Lakehouse On Dixie accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a back patio that looks out to the lake that our residents use to enjoy the view.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff training is weekly and covers topics as infection control, lifting, medication assistance.

What safety features or security measures does Lakehouse On Dixie provide to protect residents who wander?

Our doors are alarmed but we do not accept exit seeking residents.

Costs for Lakehouse On Dixie

Photos of Lakehouse On Dixie

Services and Amenities of Lakehouse On Dixie

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Lots Of Birds, Squirrels, Ducks Etc. A Big Back Patio That We Sit Out On For Snacks And Coffee

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: State DADS License # 13512

About Lakehouse On Dixie

Our peaceful state licensed personal care home is located on 10 beautiful acres in Pearland. We are a family owned and operated assisted living home. Sitting in the middle of the property, is our spring fed lake that is home to birds, turtles and many other wildlife. We offer restful country living in the city. Our house is a bright, sunny home with many windows and views to the lake. All the bedrooms are light filled and have views to the outside.The closest major hospital, shopping and restaurants are less than 10 minutes away.

This is a truly special home in this pastoral setting. We have 3 caregivers all day & 2 all night for a maximum 14 residents. Half of our rooms plus the living room and dining room face the lake and the others look out at the peaceful front.

Map of Lakehouse On Dixie