Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

August 28, 2014

My mother was previously at Stonefield Assisted Living. It's a nice place and it's very clean. Part of the problem there was that they have an Alzheimer's unit at the facility, and even though my mom is old and her mobility is not great, her cognition is excellent. She has good short term memory, her long term memory is very good and there were people that should have been in the memory care unit, so it was depressing for her. Also the food was not very good.

May 22, 2014

My wife is in Stonefield. She's in memory care. We looked at several facilities, and I just liked it. I know most of the staff by first name and they're good. They have a lot of activities my wife can't be involved in. They do Bible studies, games, and exercises. She can do a few of them. My wife has to be fed. I go there and I feed her, and the food is very good. The room is fine; it's 1-bedroom. I like the people. People are important, and I think my wife gets good care there.

March 31, 2014

By Norman4

Stonefield is like three minutes from my house. Dad is 94, so I needed some place I could get to relatively quickly, and that was primarily the reason we chose it. It is probably seven years old at the max, and it's a single-story facility. The people there are extremely friendly. All the workers will speak to you when you walk down the hall. It's not inexpensive. It's probably one of the more expensive ones in McKinney and around McKinney, but it's well-maintained, and it's very clean. There are areas all around the complex for people to sit outside, and there's a courtyard in the middle. It's very nice. We thought that this one was probably the best fit for Dad. It's very homey as far as the atmosphere, and my dad has been in the hospital for about a week or so, and every time I've had to go in, somebody asks me how he's doing -- and this is just the general staff, not the management. I'm talking about people who are the ones who actually do the caregiving, and to me, that's very impressive. They were like that when we looked at the facility, so I don't believe it's a put-on. I believe that's actually real.

December 24, 2013

By SaraR

Monday was another amazing night at Stonefield. My parents enjoyed a fabulous evening with friends and family celebrating the holidays: Great food, DJ, dancing, decorations, photos etc. It was a quality night as the residents and their families got time to bond and share fellowship. My mother commented to me during dinner, "thank you for picking this residence, your father and I are so happy." Thanks for the hard work and attention to detail, Stonefield Staff and support!

July 20, 2013

By Sara R

It wasn't easy making the choice to move my parents into an assisted living facility. I am thrilled about the choice now. At Stonefield in McKinney, my parents are enjoying the beautiful dining area, grounds, wonderful food and activities. Last night, I was included in their "prom." It was fabulous! Great food, the McKinney Dance Band played hits from the 1930's to the 1960's. Residents, families, staff and administrators were dancing! It was a pleasure to be a part of such a great evening. The facility is always clean and inviting. My parents also enjoy exercise and art classes as well as numerous social events. Their calendar is busier than mine! If anyone is struggling over making this kind of move for their loved one(s), the Stonefield staff, managers and administrators truly care and put a lot of time and effort into making their residents comfortable and happy.

April 30, 2012

By way disappointed

Stonefield (Memory Care side) seemed to be very accommodating at first but then quickly acted as if they only cared about the money and strictly business. I was very disappointed that when I brought up concerns, they were quickly dismissed and I got the 'Oh yes, we'll take care of that' and it's not done. Some serious issues I had were loss of my family member's medication!, not giving something for simple headache (per dr. orders), loss of laundry, unkept 'promises, allowing unauthorized medical treatment, disregard for our instructions and wishes regarding simple care requests, and the list goes on. You have to be let in and out of the secure area and sometimes family members can be left standing there for 5-10 min waiting to be let in or out as if invisible. Overall extremely disappointing to say the least. I would recommend you keep looking.

Costs for Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500; Assisted Living Is Rent + Care And Memory Care Is All Inclusive

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care

At Stonefield, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Mckinney area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life-enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul.

Assisted Living is truly authentic at Stonefield. We believe that Assisted Living is to be delivered in a dignified manner where privacy and choice are celebrated and practiced. Care delivery is done in your apartment home and may include personal hygiene, assistance with medication management, dressing, reminders and other care needs or preferences. Our Life Enrichment coordinator will create opportunities for personal enjoyment but will also encourage your abilities and interests to thrive.

Our executive leadership works daily to ensure that care is delivered in a respectful and comprehensive nature and where any additional services are communicated timely. We appreciate you, your family and the preferences that are noted. You deserve to be treated in this way and it is our goal to do just that.

Our services are created to meet your needs:
  • Medication assistance and management
  • Regular assessment and service planning
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-image enhancements
  • Mobility, Escorts and reminders
  • Dining and Social or activities assistance
  • Care coordination and other health care management assistance
  • Many communities offer care for special budget concerns including state-assistance programs for assisted living
  • And much, much more

Memory Care has a special meaning here. We understand how dealing with Alzheimer’s Disease or other related forms of dementia may be very distressing, but we also know that a fulfilling and meaningful quality of life can be achieved. At our communities, we look forward to creating a bond and friendship with each resident, their loved ones and other healthcare partners to craft a program that benefits them as individuals. Our communities are specifically designed to nurture activity, exercise, dining and restful opportunities as well as engaging and purpose filled activities that stimulate personal abilities.

SparkTM, our unique and award-winning lifestyle approach is our signature. A SparkTM lifestyle means residents are encouraged to do what they are able, historical knowledge is celebrated and acknowledged and new abilities are recognized and utilized. If you are seeking a positive approach where residents are doing more than you would expect, where residents find a sense of belonging and meaning and where loved ones are happy to visit, then you may have just found the right place!

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.

Map of Stonefield Assisted Living & Memory Care