The Ivy of McKinney

Reviews of The Ivy of McKinney

Assisted Living Reviews for The Ivy of McKinney

June 23, 2018

By Gayle

We're happy with The Ivy of McKinney. My mom's apartment is very large and the feel of the community is very homey. They have several outings every week and a plethora of activities every day that they can participate in. I've eaten several meals with my mom and I've enjoyed all of them. The caregivers were all very friendly and involved.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

September 08, 2017

By Heidi

I only saw the assisted living facility of The Ivy of McKinney. The rooms were a good size and nice. I didn't see anything wrong with them. I didn't see any activities, but they had an activities calendar. They had a nice dining area and a little coffee shop area, and even an on-site beauty salon. I interacted with one person and she was wonderful, very friendly, and outgoing. The residents looked like they were kind of sitting around, but to be fair, there was a major storm happening so they probably couldn't do a whole lot. The power went out when we were there because of the storm.

Thank you for leaving this review! Resident safety is always a priority here at The Ivy, and we have many measures in place to be able to keep residents safe and comforted in the face of storms like we experienced. We apologize that you didn't have the opportunity to see one of our many events and activities for our residents during your visit, and we would love to invite you back to experience them! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, we would love the opportunity to meet with you again and provide a look into the many offerings we have for our residents here at The Ivy!

December 15, 2016

By Cathy246244

The activities director at The Ivy of McKinney was super sweet, totally bubbly, and sometimes a little over the top, but I got a good vibe from her. Apparently, she is very active, knocking on the residents’ doors, trying to get them out and involved in whatever activities planned for the day. She was super. The first time I went to tour it, there wasn’t really anybody out and about, and it was depressing. It had a nice lobby with a cute snack area to the right where they have coffee, popcorn, and other snacks set out.

January 24, 2016

By Relative9

I have been there at the Orchard Park couple of times and it seems nice enough. It’s clean, the rooms are big and the food was OK.

September 10, 2015

By BNN22

Be very careful with this facility. They facilitated a change in a Financial Power of Attorney for my relative who has suffered from dementia. They failed to notify me as current power of both financial and medical power of attorney that this was being done. They also signed as witness on the new power of attorney. They also say that they take the medications to your relative and make certain that it is taken, but they leave them on the table and my relative did not remember to take his medication. I found the medication several days later when I visited in the bedroom where my relative moved it. They appear clean and they are, but the people there are not all degreed professionals, especially in the financial part of the business. We were first under charged and then I think overcharged for the apt and care. When I attempted to discuss with them the person who is in charge she became hostile with me and I still do not have the information I need. I would say that you should look at other facilities as even when you try to speak to the head person or the owner you get a run around and have to go through a shell business to issue a complaint and then wait for 6 days to go online or call this company back to find out what is being done. No way to talk to a real live person if you have a complaint. This has been a big mess to try to sort out and they are not at all helpful.

Orchard Park Assisted Living and Memory Care is dedicated to protecting the rights of our Residents. We encourage our Assisted Living residents to stay as independent as possible. Therefore; it is their right to decide on who they would like to be their Powers of Attorney. Unfortunately, not all relatives agree with their loved one’s decisions. Orchard Park is required to follow all federal and state laws regarding the rights of our residents. We continue to provide our staff with training to assure the best care possible for our residents. Senior Lifestyle Corporation is dedicated to addressing all concerns in a timely manner. We conduct thorough investigation on all grievances and we will respond appropriately and in a timely manner. Please contact me directly by email at kbateman@seniorlifestyle.com or by phone at 312-972-8818, so that we can further assist with any concerns as we take these matters seriously. Sincerely, Karin Bateman, Senior Vice President of Operations.

August 27, 2015

By Cindy103735250

They were very friendly, and the rooms at Orchard Park were very nice and very clean.

August 05, 2015

By Jane111060350

The person who took me around Orchard Park was very informative, very nice, and seemed to be nice to the clients who were there. The dining room didn't smell funny, it seemed nice, everybody was sitting there, and they had an attendant at every table with all the patients.

January 29, 2015

By Sally30

Orchard Park of McKinney was a little bit higher than what our income was. It was a beautiful place and new, but financially we couldn't afford it. It was like a bedroom type facility with a kitchen sink, a living area, couch and chairs, and a bathroom. I just visited for a short period of time, and they were very nice and answered any questions I had. It looks like it had everything I need to live very comfortably. They had the dining room, and for an expense, they keep your animal there, and they had places where you could walk them. It was very nice. I wished I could afford it for my sister, but I couldn't.

October 19, 2014

I have moved in at Orchard Park. I like everything about it. I like the food, I like the people, and I like my apartment. They provide transportation. I really like it. There are games going on all the time. They have movies. They have people come in and sing for us. They take people on the bus for shopping. There are just lots of things going on. I like the whole layout of my apartment. I like everything about it. I like its big bathroom. It is very roomy and accessible. I like big closet. We have our own washer, dryer, and dishwasher in each apartment.

September 26, 2014

By Shirley99444250

She has been in respite at Orchard Park. She spent a week there. I was really impressed with it. That was a very, very nice facility. It was very clean and was pretty new. It’s just about a mile from the hospital. They’re in a good location. They had very nice rooms and very nice people. The people were very polite and friendly. They seemed alert and responded to what her needs were. They had a nurse on duty that assisted her and talked to us. There was a couple of other people that talked to her, and they ate lunch with us the first day. They were really helpful. She didn’t know anybody over there. The one downfall is she’s not familiar with it and it's a multi-story. Sometimes, if you’re on the second floor, you can’t see the button on the elevator. She felt insecure because she could not see as well. If it wasn’t for the multi-story stuff, she’d like to go over there. She just didn’t feel comfortable because she couldn’t see. So I would highly recommend that one, as much as I know about it and the short time I was there.

August 30, 2014

Orchard Park had a small number of people. They had maybe 50 to 60 people. They had the dining facility, a craft facility and huge enclosed park type of setting in the center of the building, and the rooms were built around it. I was very impressed because it was very nice. It had good people in charge of it and I would not have worries about my husband with them. Everybody was happy with the activities. They had crafts. They could go over and take exercise if they wanted to. They could ride their scooter or wherever, and go to the senior center block and do stuff over there. They had a swimming pool. They had everything under the sun there. The dining room was very nice and they had a good cook. I ate there twice and they had good food. I would recommend them to others, and many of the people who lived there would recommend them to people.

April 14, 2014

By Mckinneyrelative

I recently was faced with having my parent transferred. I have give this facility alot of credit. After being here for a couple years- the executive director handled my calls with professionalism and even took my calls over the weekend. All of the staff were wonderful and friendly. Very impressed at the compassion all have shown- from ED on down. ANd, very happy my parent is there. The ED and nurse were very considerate of my families feelings and thoughts- which is not what you see alot in these types of facilities.

April 01, 2014

By Luv123

Other

This facility has all the amenities and more. My recent visit, the RN was a tremendous help in answering many of the questions we had in regard to my loved one. She seemed very genuine and took the time to sit with me and explain how individualized care could be. She also educated me on long-term care insurance and VA benefits; something I was not aware of. The RN is a gem and Orchard Park is lucky to have her. It appeared there was some maintenance being performed at the time of my visit, but I can say it was clean.

March 31, 2014

By Norman4

We went to Orchard Park. It's a multiple-story building. Since Dad had to use a wheelchair and walker, I did not particularly care for it. It had a lot of pluses to it in the sense that the rooms that we saw had an individual washer and dryer. It was pretty clean, but they had a lot of wear on it, and the facility is actually newer.

March 18, 2014

By Judy78444850

Orchard Park is clean. My father was very pleased with the staff. They were very friendly. The rooms are very lovely and the food is excellent. My parents loved it.

October 15, 2013

By smerrick

As with most of these types of care things moved downhill 6 months after move-in. Moved my parent after one year in this facility due to safety issues and lack of required maintenance on laundry services. Other issues too numerous to list. A few caregivers are genuine, but this facility is not all it appears to be on the surface. The executive director has a bully attitude and a lot of empty promises.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. While I am disappointed to learn that the resident did not have a better experience while residing at the community, the community is under new ownership and management. We strive for customer excellence. Please feel free to stop by and see all the new and exciting changes at our community. You can also contact me directly at shanna@seniorlifestyle.com or 972-351-8888. Thanks, Shauna Hanna. Executive Director.

July 09, 2012

By Orchid5

Just not what we expected for the price.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact us directly so we can discuss where we failed to meet your expectations. We’re happy to have you at the community as well if you’d like. Thanks. Shaun Hanna, Executive Director. shanna@seniorlifestyle.com or 972-351-8888

Memory Care Reviews for The Ivy of McKinney

Costs for The Ivy of McKinney

Photos of The Ivy of McKinney

Services and Amenities of The Ivy of McKinney

• Coffee Shop

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: AL type A and Certified Alzheimer's

About The Ivy of McKinney

The Ivy of McKinney opened in the spring of 2011 and is a warm and cozy Community designed to promote creativity and independence within a safe and loving environment. The Ivy of McKinney provides first-class McKinney Assisted Living and Memory Care.

Care That’s Always There:

Clinical and care services are available to our residents 24 hours a day. Our well-trained healthcare team is dedicated to providing physical, mental, and spiritual support through quality care. All of our clinical and care services are overseen by our Nurse Administrator and nursing assistants, with each service personalized to meet each of our resident’s preferences and needs. For added support, our McKinney Memory Care residents receive validation therapy services.

Rediscover Peace and Independence:

With its convenient location, a host of dedicated services, and a wide array of amenities, each resident’s wants and needs are carefully tended to in an atmosphere dedicated to the closeness of family and friends. Residents enjoy the many activity spaces, services, and amenities in the community, such as the elegant dining room, the beauty salon and barbershop, rehabilitation gym, the bistro cafe, card room, outdoor garden, library, and more.

We have a special place in our hearts for our residents and their families who are dealing with the effects of Alzheimer’s or similar forms of dementia.

Memory Care Specialists work directly with staff, residents, and their families to ensure our residents receive the comprehensive care and attention they deserve. Residents’ individualized interests and passions are crucial to the journey. We encourage residents to do what they love, be it piano, singing, gardening or reading

We are a beautiful type A Assisted Living community with Certified Alzheimer's Community on the same campus. All rooms in the Assisted Living community come equipped with a full kitchen (range, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher) and in room washer and dryer.

Map of The Ivy of McKinney