West Fork Village

Reviews of West Fork Village

Assisted Living Reviews for West Fork Village

December 15, 2016

By Judith448050

I visited and I saw that it's an old place. It is rundown by the appearance of it. The staff who accommodated me was very personal. She was also very informative to me.

February 09, 2016

By K Austin

It was my second choice, but the area it is in was a little sketchy for me. It was more of in a warehouse industrial district, and not in the best part of Irving. I liked the facility, but I didn't like the surroundings of it. The living quarters were very nice. My mother would have had a first floor apartment with a porch, which she would have been able to go outside, and a bathtub which would've been better for her. They had a very large dining room, and it was more of a buffet style. They had puzzle rooms, and a little store where you could buy things.

February 16, 2015

I have a place coming up and probably will be moving in next month. It looked like a very nice place. It has beautiful dining room and a beautiful building. The people are very courteous and helpful. I didn't really check their activities, but I know they have a beauty shop and an exercise room.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous104567550

I have an aunt who lives here, and it is a very good and very nice place. The rooms are decent. She is in a two-bedroom apartment, and they have a really good-sized living room. It is very clean. They have activities and birthday parties. I think the food is very good, and the dining area is very nice.

December 30, 2014

By Krist1

We really liked this community; if we needed to be put in a place, that is where we would go. They allowed pets but not in the nursing home part. The rooms were good, it didn’t smell bad, and the staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.

August 27, 2014

I think the facility was nice. It was very inviting and clean. The staff was friendly. They showed me the different types of living apartments that were available. Those were nice. It seemed like they would be accommodating. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw. It looked like it has all the accommodations that are required in an assisted living facility. The living environment looked OK. Everything looked clean. It was nice and neat. The room was nice, neat and orderly. The facility was painted nicely. There weren't holes in the walls or messed up floors. Everything looked really nice. I would surely recommend this place to others.

June 25, 2014

By Woody5

It was a little older, and it wasn't exactly where we wanted to be. It was out of our way for where we live. We checked on the rooms; they were nice. I found the staff to be exceptionally nice and professional. I had no problem with the people who were there. I believe that they handled things like bingo, card games, and things like that. It just had an odor about it, and it just wasn't as clean.

July 11, 2012

By SterlingBeauty

This facility is very beautiful and well-kept. The staff is very friendly and readily available to help with any of the residents needs or the visitors needs. The residents are not confined to stay in their rooms, they can walk around the facility and make friends with other residents. They are encouraged to engage in activities each day. They have several sitting areas where they can sit and converse with each other, watch T.V., play cards, etc. The landscaping outside of the facility is also beautiful, there are several places outside that the residents may sit with each other, or with their families and visit while their grandchildren play on the nearby playground.

June 13, 2012

By caring6081

I chose this facility because it's near my place and it would be convenient for me to visit dad. The staff treated us very well. They were welcoming and I am satisfied with all the information they gave me. The residents there looked okay. It seemed like a happy place there and it felt homey. My father's room is small but sufficient. He would be comfortable in it. The dining area is comfortable and clean. It's a clean facility overall. I think the place is conducive for retiring people and they would enjoy it there.

Independent Living Reviews for West Fork Village

August 10, 2021

By Richard

I've already chosen a place in the West Fork Village in Irving, Texas. It's an independent living and I moved in yesterday. It's a lovely place and I think I'm going to enjoy it here. They're pet-friendly, which was a major concern of mine. I have not looked at any amenities because of the pandemic and being in quarantine for 7 days. The staff that I've met are very friendly and they go out of their way to try to accommodate you. The food is great too, I'm surprised. I've only been here one day and so there's been no maintenance done yet. They have housekeeping services every week though and it should be very good. When I moved in yesterday, they were having a watermelon festival and they had a lot of activities planned. I think the value, so far, is very good.

August 05, 2021

By Shsron

I moved my sister into West Fork Village, and it's very reasonable. It's an older establishment in an older part of town, but on a positive note, it is all the same businesses, schools, and everything as it's been probably for the last ten years. Everybody knows where West Fork Village is in that area. They know what goes on, so I would say it is a very secure neighborhood. It's an older establishment in the town, and the people who live there know that very well. The rent is very reasonable; she has her own little studio apartment. They get all their meals. I think for the most part the food is good, although it is not gourmet. Even at sixty-seven she's one of the younger ones, but the beautiful elderly people are very concerned about each other. It's really a very close community there. There is somebody monitoring the front door, and that's excellent -- that's really good. I would say there's only one staff member who is a little harder to get along with. It's like a moderate home setting. It's not anything gorgeous or elaborate, but for me it's just like my home. It's very comfortable looking, and it's not worn out or anything. It's a place where you can come in and sit down in the living room. There's a piano, and they have a lot of people coming in and playing music. They have wine-and-cheese parties. They always have something going on.

August 05, 2021

By Janet

West Fork Village was nice, pleasant, clean, and affordable. The staff was friendly and informative. The rooms were empty. They didn't have anything in there, but they were clean. It's just a standard apartment size room. They had a pool table, arts and crafts, bingo, puzzles, a library, internet, and karaoke.

May 12, 2021

By Sharon

My sister is at West Fork Village. It is a wonderful atmosphere. The staff is very friendly. She is in a studio apartment that has a screened-in balcony, and there are lots of lights coming into the room. It is very secure. There is a person sitting at the front door twenty-four hours a day making sure nobody comes in. It is a facility in an older neighborhood, so there are a lot of businesses and houses in the area. They have activities. She comes down, and she sits out on the front porch. There is a recreation area, a parlor, a living room, and a piano, and they also have church services twice a week on Wednesdays and Sundays. She likes the amenities, the activities, and the different places. It is very clean, too. The price is very reasonable.

October 10, 2020

By Renee

West Fork Village is my favorite from the ones I've looked at. It is very nice. I did not get to see a whole lot of it because of Covid, and they can't show a lot of other areas. But the apartment was the biggest, and most attractive and nice. The outside is very nice and well-kept. I saw their lobby and the dining room.

March 19, 2018

By Seahorse

My friend is here, and my overall impression is good. The rooms are really nice, and the people are good and friendly. I met the residents, and they said they liked it there. I heard the food is good and has a lot of choices. They have a pool table, TV, and trips on occasion.

July 17, 2017

By Kathy

Overall, I'm pleased with this community. I like the nurse on staff. He's very caring and takes a very personal approach. My dad's efficiency room is very nice, comfortable, and has everything he needs. He seems content there. It's easy to get to, and the grounds are nice and well maintained. They tell me he's eating well, and eats 100% of all of his meals. We've had a little bit of confusion with the transportation but that's about it.

August 30, 2015

My aunt is here, and we save almost $2,000 a month compared to the one they are before. It is big thing, and we are getting everything exactly the same. When we moved her in, they are in the process of remodeling all the rooms, including her room, so she has a brand new room to start with. They have lot of card games, especially bingo, which is my aunt's favorite game. I will recommend it to others.

August 15, 2013

It was very clean. The lady who showed me around was very nice, she was lovely from beginning to end. The smallest room was 400 sq. ft. but it was big enough. It was set-up so that you could have everything you needed like the bed and couch, although the closet was not too large. We had lunch and I was surprised that the food was very good. The thing that bothered me was they only brought you food for 3 days a month, I guess you had to be in the assisted living area if you wanted more than that. My only problem was the long distance to walk from the room to the eating places.

Questions about West Fork Village

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at West Fork Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages range from 65 to 100. Average resident age is 80. They enjoy puzzles, bingo, and all food related activities.

What programs or activities does West Fork Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer exercise programs, trivia type games, one on one or group activities, a lot of food activities (several of our residents have issues taking in enough calories)

What places are near West Fork Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is not a lot within walking distance, but we do offer Resident drop off and pick up when scheduled. We also have The Heritage Senior Center.

What transportation services does West Fork Village offer to assisted living residents?

We have group transportation to Medical appointments as well as group transportation to “run errands”.

What makes the chef or dining program at West Fork Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

West Fork Village residents enjoy a restaurant style dining experience. We have 2 “ entree specials” each meal that includes a diverse “always available” menu that is made fresh when ordered. Also on our menu residents can order pizza, sodas, and steaks off the grill!

What safety features or security measures does West Fork Village offer to assisted living residents?

Our side doors are all alarmed, and after normal business hours the front door is alarmed. We have 24 hour, 7 day a week staff on duty for added security measures. In addition to that we have an emergency pendant system that alerts staff when the pendant is pushed.

How does West Fork Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a monthly newsletter that is distributed for generalized information. Specific resident information is relayed directly to the residents' family by the appropriate West Fork Village Staff or Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at West Fork Village during daytime and nighttime hours?

At West Fork Village, we do not have a set care staff-to-resident ratio. We work based on the needs of the residents.

If West Fork Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept small dogs and cats. Dogs are required to be on a leash and can be walked anywhere on the community property as well as taken to the dog park. Please note a non-refundable pet deposit is required.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receives required monthly in-service per state regulations, as well as, up to date training thru the Relias program.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Near the community are shopping areas, grocery stores, Senior Center and much more.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at West Fork Village has organized?

We have sightseeing tours and events scheduled every month with our residents. we provide the transportation, to allow them to just enjoy themselves and their friends.

What transportation services does West Fork Village offer to independent living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation within 10 miles of our building.

What makes the chef or dining program at West Fork Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Dining Director chooses menus that have a little bit of everything for everyone. we have an always available menu as well, just in case you would like a little something extra.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have an entertainment area, gaming room, and craft area for our residents. We also have an onsite Beauty Salon to provide service to our residents.

What safety features or security measures does West Fork Village offer to independent living residents?

We have a 24 hour concierge at our front desk to help with resident questions and needs.

We do allow furry residents. 25lbs or less on the interior of our building.

Does West Fork Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do have an in house Home Health company that works with many of our residents.

What safety features or security measures does West Fork Village provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not provide security measures that are specifically for residents that wander. However, our side doors are all alarmed, and after normal business hours the front door is alarmed. We have 24 hour, 7 day a week staff on duty for added security measures.

Costs for West Fork Village

Photos of West Fork Village

Services and Amenities of West Fork Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 561

About West Fork Village

Active, fun and worry-free! That’s your retirement lifestyle at West Fork Village. Take your choice of any one of our spacious apartments and then greet each day like a reunion in the company of good friends and family.

The Inviting Feel of a Tight-Knit Neighborhood:

Relax ~ Enjoy a breakfast of delicious pastries, a delicious omelet, complemented by fresh strawberries, refreshing orange juice and your favorite cup of Joe. That's just the start of your day at West Fork Village.

Relate ~ From dawn to dusk, there are ample opportunities to engage socially in our community. Our calendar of activities and events serve to enrich and encourage resident life throughout every day, week and month of the year.

Renew ~ Moving to West Fork Village revitalizes a zest for life! Surrounded by our amazing staff, residents enjoy the many comforts and conveniences our community offers to live each day as active or as relaxing as they choose.

We combine the warmth of home with personalized care services to meet the unique needs of every resident. Our family-like community features an active daily lifestyle of engaging social opportunities and enriching activities.

Map of West Fork Village