West Fork Village

Reviews of West Fork Village

Assisted Living Reviews for West Fork Village

February 09, 2016

By K Austin

It was my second choice, but the area it is in was a little sketchy for me. It was more of in a warehouse industrial district, and not in the best part of Irving. I liked the facility, but I didn't like the surroundings of it. The living quarters were very nice. My mother would have had a first floor apartment with a porch, which she would have been able to go outside, and a bathtub which would've been better for her. They had a very large dining room, and it was more of a buffet style. They had puzzle rooms, and a little store where you could buy things.

February 16, 2015

I have a place coming up and probably will be moving in next month. It looked like a very nice place. It has beautiful dining room and a beautiful building. The people are very courteous and helpful. I didn't really check their activities, but I know they have a beauty shop and an exercise room.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous104567550

I have an aunt who lives here, and it is a very good and very nice place. The rooms are decent. She is in a two-bedroom apartment, and they have a really good-sized living room. It is very clean. They have activities and birthday parties. I think the food is very good, and the dining area is very nice.

December 30, 2014

By Krist1

We really liked this community; if we needed to be put in a place, that is where we would go. They allowed pets but not in the nursing home part. The rooms were good, it didn’t smell bad, and the staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.

August 27, 2014

I think the facility was nice. It was very inviting and clean. The staff was friendly. They showed me the different types of living apartments that were available. Those were nice. It seemed like they would be accommodating. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw. It looked like it has all the accommodations that are required in an assisted living facility. The living environment looked OK. Everything looked clean. It was nice and neat. The room was nice, neat and orderly. The facility was painted nicely. There weren't holes in the walls or messed up floors. Everything looked really nice. I would surely recommend this place to others.

June 25, 2014

By Woody5

It was a little older, and it wasn't exactly where we wanted to be. It was out of our way for where we live. We checked on the rooms; they were nice. I found the staff to be exceptionally nice and professional. I had no problem with the people who were there. I believe that they handled things like bingo, card games, and things like that. It just had an odor about it, and it just wasn't as clean.

July 11, 2012

By SterlingBeauty

This facility is very beautiful and well-kept. The staff is very friendly and readily available to help with any of the residents needs or the visitors needs. The residents are not confined to stay in their rooms, they can walk around the facility and make friends with other residents. They are encouraged to engage in activities each day. They have several sitting areas where they can sit and converse with each other, watch T.V., play cards, etc. The landscaping outside of the facility is also beautiful, there are several places outside that the residents may sit with each other, or with their families and visit while their grandchildren play on the nearby playground.

June 13, 2012

By caring6081

I chose this facility because it's near my place and it would be convenient for me to visit dad. The staff treated us very well. They were welcoming and I am satisfied with all the information they gave me. The residents there looked okay. It seemed like a happy place there and it felt homey. My father's room is small but sufficient. He would be comfortable in it. The dining area is comfortable and clean. It's a clean facility overall. I think the place is conducive for retiring people and they would enjoy it there.

Independent Living Reviews for West Fork Village

Questions about West Fork Village

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at West Fork Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages range from 65 to 100. Average resident age is 80. They enjoy puzzles, bingo, and all food related activities.

What programs or activities does West Fork Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer exercise programs, trivia type games, one on one or group activities, a lot of food activities (several of our residents have issues taking in enough calories)

What places are near West Fork Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There is not a lot within walking distance, but we do offer Resident drop off and pick up when scheduled. We also have The Heritage Senior Center.

What transportation services does West Fork Village offer to assisted living residents?

We have group transportation to Medical appointments as well as group transportation to “run errands”.

What makes the chef or dining program at West Fork Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

West Fork Village residents enjoy a restaurant style dining experience. We have 2 “ entree specials” each meal that includes a diverse “always available” menu that is made fresh when ordered. Also on our menu residents can order pizza, sodas, and steaks off the grill!

What safety features or security measures does West Fork Village offer to assisted living residents?

Our side doors are all alarmed, and after normal business hours the front door is alarmed. We have 24 hour, 7 day a week staff on duty for added security measures. In addition to that we have an emergency pendant system that alerts staff when the pendant is pushed.

How does West Fork Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a monthly newsletter that is distributed for generalized information. Specific resident information is relayed directly to the residents' family by the appropriate West Fork Village Staff or Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at West Fork Village during daytime and nighttime hours?

At West Fork Village, we do not have a set care staff-to-resident ratio. We work based on the needs of the residents.

If West Fork Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept small dogs and cats. Dogs are required to be on a leash and can be walked anywhere on the community property as well as taken to the dog park. Please note a non-refundable pet deposit is required.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff receives required monthly in-service per state regulations, as well as, up to date training thru the Relias program.

What safety features or security measures does West Fork Village provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not provide security measures that are specifically for residents that wander. However, our side doors are all alarmed, and after normal business hours the front door is alarmed. We have 24 hour, 7 day a week staff on duty for added security measures.

Costs for West Fork Village

Photos of West Fork Village

Services and Amenities of West Fork Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 561

About West Fork Village

Active, fun and worry-free! That’s your retirement lifestyle at West Fork Village. Take your choice of any one of our spacious apartments and then greet each day like a reunion in the company of good friends and family.

The Inviting Feel of a Tight-Knit Neighborhood:

Relax ~ Enjoy a breakfast of delicious pastries, a delicious omelet, complemented by fresh strawberries, refreshing orange juice and your favorite cup of Joe. That's just the start of your day at West Fork Village.

Relate ~ From dawn to dusk, there are ample opportunities to engage socially in our community. Our calendar of activities and events serve to enrich and encourage resident life throughout every day, week and month of the year.

Renew ~ Moving to West Fork Village revitalizes a zest for life! Surrounded by our amazing staff, residents enjoy the many comforts and conveniences our community offers to live each day as active or as relaxing as they choose.

We combine the warmth of home with personalized care services to meet the unique needs of every resident. Our family-like community features an active daily lifestyle of engaging social opportunities and enriching activities.

Map of West Fork Village