Abba Care Assisted Living
Offers Assisted Living
Reviews of Abba Care Assisted Living
Assisted Living Reviews for Abba Care Assisted Living
March 18, 2018
I visited this facility
December 18, 2017
I visited this facility
Hi Pam, Thank you for taking the time to tour with us and providing us with constructive feedback. We apologize for the message this interaction might have communicated regarding our care. Attentive care to our residents is one of our cornerstones, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have spoken with this staff member and have advised him moving forward to pause the tour and address the concern with immediacy. Thank you kindly for your sentiments regarding our dining space. If there’s anything we can do to reassure you of our specialty in care, please let us know. Thank you again for your feedback and for taking the time to tour with us. Victoria Villapando
Services and Amenities of Abba Care Assisted Living
- All Inclusive Rent
- Entry Fee
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
- Studio Apartments
- Minimum Age: 60
- Pets: No Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: 109899
About Abba Care Assisted Living
Abba Care was founded in 2003, by Victoria Villapando. As a home health nurse, she visited her patients at numerous assisted livings that housed large volumes of residents, who despite occasional nursing visits wouldn’t see improvements in health or lifestyle because of the enormous size of the facilities.
Seeking a solution, she founded Abba Care Assisted Living, one of the first, small resident-to-care ratio assisted livings in the metroplex. With a smaller facility, more resources and attention could be directed towards quality service and resident needs. Instead of closed cafeterias, an open kitchen could be used for meals. Instead of long hallways that were difficult to walk, short distance hallways would be built. Resident laundry and medications wouldn’t be confused because instead of one hundred other neighbors, residents would only share space with fewer people.
- We cook home-made meals from scratch in our open kitchen (no closed doors, no pre-frozen cafeteria food).
- We do laundry per individual. Your private laundry doesn't end up in anyone else's except yours. Literally.
- We can assist with all your hygienic needs from daily bathing to housekeeping.
Health Care and Day to Day Assistance:
- We organize and administer daily medication schedules per resident.
- We can offer transfer assistance for wheel chair and walker users.
- We coordinate schedules between residents, caregivers, doctors, hospice, and everyone in between.
- Every resident receives a different schedule based on their needs, interests, and time-commitments.
- We create events and activities that build relationships with and between residents.
- We also involve the surrounding Garland community to engage residents with volunteers outside the facility.