Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie

Reviews of Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie

Nursing Home Reviews for Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie

March 16, 2012

By CSResident

One star seems far too generous. My immobile mother had a bruise in the shape of a handprint on her leg. The aids were always too busy to feed her, so family had to go twice a day to feed her. They never flushed her medi-port, so she got a blood clot in her arm. They refused to give her liquid medicine even though she could not swallow pills. Medicine duties were left to the family because the nurses did not want to deal with her inability to swallow. She was sent to the ER 2 times in 1 month because they let infections get out of control. Another ER trip was because they thought she fractured her neck. Aids would drop her oxygen nosepiece on the floor and then insert it in her nose without cleaning it. They would change a diaper and then handle a food tray. My mother contracted sepsis and an antibiotic-resistant urinary tract infection while there. She spent 15 days in the hospital due to the negligence of Fortress. They NEVER provided oral care in the 2 months she was there. She would spends days in the same clothes. Her diaper, clothes, and bed would be saturated. There were no records of her vitals. The billing office was months behind (we got the first bill 5 months after she arrived). We talked to administrators and social workers, but nothing ever changed. I can't imagine what it was like for the patients who didn't have visitors twice a day.

July 08, 2011

By involved family member

The staff at Fortress Health and Rehab seem to really care about there patients. My loved one has been there for about 6 months and we have not had any problems since they have admitted. We have had a couple of concerns but when we went to the office and visited with the DON and administrator these concerns were taken care of very quickly. The rehab staff is excellent and has helped my mom get back on her feet when we didnt think it was possible. The food is also pretty good in the dining room. They do serve alternates during meal time and also have snacks throughout the day. They have recently had a renovation done and have alot of things to offer to there residents. I encourage anyone looking for some place for there loved one to check out fortress health and rehab.

March 02, 2011

By Agbacker

Your family member will be in danger

Our relative entered the facility for a broken hip. They have been allowed to fall out of a chair and break the other hip, fall out of bed, have untreated wounds, etc. The food is passable, but not what they say it will be when you take the tour. We are there regularly to check on things and they go well for the next hour, then back to hell. We have been continually told that new management was making changes. There have been no changes. The rehab staff is excellent and the rest of the staff and the management are terrible. The turnover is unbelievable but then I don't blame new hires for wanting to get out of there. The life of our relative in endangered by living there and we are moving them as soon as we can.

June 02, 2010

By sahara007

lack of care and decent food

Fortress health and rehab center is a for profit facility. they have 9 complaints in the last 3 years 5 of which caused more than minimal harm and 4 of which caused actual harm to a patient. My mom is there for rehab and has been there for a month and 1/2. i am scared of what would happen to her if we were unable to check on her. the food is sub par and served luke warm at best. the help does not with to help. when my mother asked for assistance to go to the bathroom the workers told her to go in the bed. There is no care or dignity afforded these patients by the main staff. the only thing they have that is quality are the rehab staff, but the nurses on the floor and lvn's and assistance would prefer to be texting, twittering and gossiping than taking care of the wonderful souls entrusted to their care. If at all possible avoid this facility unless you can be a constant presence for your loved one.

About Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie

Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie is a senior living provider in College Station, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie for more details on services and rates.

Map of Fortress Health & Rehab of Rock Prairie