12 Assisted Living Facilities near College Station, TX
Also serving communities of Navasota.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the College Station area, with 5 in College Station and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in College Station is $3,617 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Brenham with an average starting cost of $2,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 68 reviews below for assisted living facilities in College Station. On average, consumers rate assisted living in College Station 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brenham with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in College Station, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in College Station, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in College Station
The "college" in College Station is Texas A&M University, which was the first public institution of higher education. Seniors can join the Aggies for a myriad of fun events at the university, from football games to theatrical and musical performances. Seniors can then retire back to their home base at one of the three assisted living facilities in town or in nearby Bryan, which hosts another seven assisted living communities. All these residential facilities provide personal care services, including medication management and help with the activities of daily living. In Texas, all assisted living facilities are licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in College Station
- Weather in College Station is hot and humid during the summer, with high temperatures tiptoeing up to the low 100s. Milder winters usually avoid snow and ice, though freezing low temperatures occur.
- College Station's public transportation is available via the Brazos Transit District, which offers buses around both Bryan and College Station, with half-price fares for seniors. Texas A&M also provides park-and-ride services to football games.
- College Station has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of College Station Senior Adult Programs, an organization that hosts dances and other socialization opportunities and provides hot meals, self-defense classes and chronic pain self-management workshops, as well as three senior centers.
- The cost of living in College Station is 2.7 percent lower than the national average, making it a great retirement location for seniors on a fixed budget.
- The College Station area is home to world-class medical facilities, including College Station Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Arts Council of the Brazos Valley sponsors art exhibits, art and crafting classes, historical lectures, classical music concerts and live theater. Seniors are welcome to volunteer at events and as art teachers. Texas A & M University, which is home to the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, also hosts many theatrical and musical performances each year.
Paying for Assisted Living in College Station
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in College Station start around $3,159 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in College Station and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in College Station
The STAR+PLUS program in Texas may provide financial assistance for eligible seniors who need help paying their assisted living costs. Applicants must qualify financially and functionally, and there is a cap on the number of people accepted into the program. In Brazos County, members of STAR+PLUS must choose Superior HealthPlan or UnitedHealthcare as their health coverage plans.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in College Station
College Station and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in College Station, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in College Station
College Station-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in College Station, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in College Station
Review of The Waterford at College Station
The Waterford at College Station assisted living had nice and clean rooms. They've gone through remodeling so they've been removing carpets. I don't think any of those places should have carpet, pe... Read more
Review of Peach Creek Assisted Living
We've chosen Peach Creek Assisted Living for my sister. She moved in on April 1st. It is clean. It does not smell like a nursing home, and the assistants that are there are very caring people. It's... Read more
Review of The Waterford at College Station
We just moved in a week ago and everyone is so helpful and they will do anything for you. We just love it here. Read more