The Waterford at College Station

Reviews of The Waterford at College Station

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at College Station

August 12, 2020

By Kayla Robison

I recently tour The Waterford for my grandmother and Dawn F. was wonderful! Super friendly and helpful!

May 07, 2019

By Courtney

I thought the Waterford at College Station was a little outdated but clean. It’s not a place I can see my father in. The people I talked to and the residents there seemed to like it there, but it’s too reminiscent of a nursing home. It’s a nice place and kept up well, but the overall feel reminds me of a nursing home that’s remodelled into an assisted living facility. They had a good size restaurant/cafeteria place and a decent gameroom. The staff was very nice and very helpful in answering questions. They were really trying to get a good feel or a good vibe going in there. They were doing exercise classes that morning and had activities for them. They were in the process of remodelling, so there was stuff here and there.

Hi Courtney, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit but would love another opportunity to show you the positive changes that have taken place since your last visit.

May 22, 2018

By Donald

My wife was in the memory unit of The Waterford at College Station. The living quarters and the care were good. It was close to my house.

Hi Donald, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Waterford at College Station!

September 18, 2017

By William R.

The Waterford at College Station was a nice place. The manager took me around, gave me a thorough walkthrough, and it was nice. Some of the rooms had little kitchenettes and some are just studios.

William R., we are so happy to read such a great review about The Waterford at College Station!

March 30, 2017

By Daryl536165

We saw The Waterford at College Station. It's clean. They have lots of activities. They have people who are more involved and less involved than my mother. Their ratio of their caregivers to people is adequate for my mother's needs, I think. They have activities scheduled Monday through Friday. They have activities such as a memory game and history game, and bingo is offered every afternoon. Food is presented well, and if you need assistance, that is adequate as well.

Daryl536165, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford at College Station!

March 23, 2017

By Betty222402

The Waterford at College was beautiful. It was brand new and very modern, but you felt more like you were in a hotel than in an apartment because of the elevators, all the inside rooms, and you went down to the halls to your door. Everything was inside or enclosed. Even though it was new and modern, the room sizes were not as big.

Hi Betty222402, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Waterford at College Station. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

November 23, 2016

By RK035512

Waterford looked like a very nice facility; it was well-kept and did not have any particular problem. The staff was extremely accommodating, and he was very helpful.

January 13, 2016

By Loving Daughter21

My mom is in assisted living at The Waterford at College Station. We needed a facility closer to us that she would like, and she seems comfortable. She doesn't have any complaints about the staff. She talks about how much she likes them and what a good job they do. We don't have any problems with them, either. The overall impression has been positive. The building is well maintained, clean, and attractive.

October 21, 2015

By Ctom4

My mother was a resident in the memory care unit for a little over a year. During that time, she fell and broke her hip. Staff found her and put her in her bed where she stayed overnight before they took her to the hospital. They did not take her to the one that we had requested for emergencies. They do not chart incidents. A family friend found a large knot and bruise on her forehead. The staff knew nothing about it and had no record of it. The staff that provides personal care are either poorly trained or simply do not care. I sat with my Mom on many occasions during meals and saw residents who had trouble feeding themselves sit in front of their plates, then the food was taken away. My mother has gained 19 pounds in the year after we moved her out of there. We also had to provide all of her consumable supplies and frequently weren't told they needed replenishing until after they ran out. This place is poorly run and poorly documented.

Hi Ctom4, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described.

June 15, 2015

By Earl8

The Waterford was a great place. The manager was a super guy. They had assisted living and memory care. The rooms were big, and you got your own bathroom. The food was really good. The staff were very friendly and wonderful. They play bingo and different games. I fell in love with it, and they'll take care of you.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

June 02, 2012

By Tom4

Esperanza is a nice place. It's an older facility and smaller too.The people there are accommodating. I didn't find anything that is negative or whatsoever. In fact, this is one of the places we looked at and considered. I mean the place is good only that we were looking for a bit modern type of living for my mom and a bigger room for her to be more comfortable.

January 12, 2012

By commercesd

We went to see the Silver Oak On The Brazos in College Station while we were there taking a look at assisted living options for our aunt. The outer grounds looked well kept and had ample seating in the surrounding areas. Residents could enjoy the exterior area and feel safe with adequate staff nearby. The garden was particularly lovely, with nice walkways. The living room was warm and cozy, with comfortable furnishings and a fireplace. The adjacent chairs were inviting, and there nearby bookcases stocked with plenty of books. The residents also enjoy visiting the local library each week. In addition, they are taken to a variety of places on a regular basis, such as eateries, stores, museums, art galleries and other interesting places. The exercise area was well-equipped and they offer regular classes for all who desire them. They also offer individual instruction. Residents are encouraged to exercise daily, with specialized programs designed for each senior. The dining room was homey with very nice old-style furnishings and home-style food. Everything looked really delicious and the meal options were plentiful, as were the snacks. The staff seemed to really enjoy their jobs and the residents responded to that well. This is what is most important to us. We really liked everything we saw at this facility.

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford at College Station

• Credit Card
  • Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

About The Waterford at College Station

Discover Texas hospitality and friendly staff at The Waterford&reg at College Station, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in College Station, Texas. Recently renovated, our community invites residents to relax and experience the very best amenities, both in our apartments and in the common areas. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Waterford at College Station provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Our attentive staff, on hand 24 hours a day, ensures that residents have everything they need to get the very best out of life. To keep residents entertained, our activity director plans a number of exciting events that encourages new friendships and an active lifestyle. Outside of our community, residents have access to a number of dining, shopping, and entertainment destinations, including top rated college sporting events at Texas A&M University.

Map of The Waterford at College Station