Apple Grove

Reviews of Apple Grove

Memory Care Reviews for Apple Grove

August 08, 2013

By Lisa34

I removed all of Mom’s belongings from room 29 today. It was sad, and hard, because you've been an extension of our family for nearly 4 years. 18 months in the day care program and over 2 years as a resident - we have a lot of wonderful memories in the Apple Grove setting. I cannot say enough good things about your caring and capable staff, and I'd especially like to extend my appreciation to the ones I came to know - they do outstanding work in a difficult field. Andrea is such a standout, providing extremely vigilant and insightful observation, and making excellent suggestions for improving Mom's safety and health. She's a real gem, and I appreciate her individualized attention so much, and I know she watches over all the residents with the same focus. All your nursing staff, including Sherry and Tasha have been very attentive and have also offered suggestions and help whenever I had questions or concerns. Irene supervises an operation that presents many challenges, and I appreciate her attention to detail and her willingness to make corrections when necessary. Care managers Aneesha, LaQuita, and Sheila were always so positive and cheerful and ready to visit a little about Mom's activities and experiences, and they, too, provided her with loving care as I'm sure they do with all their residents. There are others whose names don't come at the moment, but I know that you hire and train only the best, and that your standards and training support their natural nurturing natures. I always felt like they treated Mom like part of their own families, and that's rare in this type of work. All the relatives I've brought to visit, including my brother and sister, my son and his family, and Faith's brother and his wife were all very impressed with your facility and staff, and they all commented on what a superior setting you are providing when the resident can no longer live at home or with family. We appreciate your vision, and your implementation of your mission on a daily basis. Apple Grove is truly one in a million, and I thank you for being a special part of our lives for so long.

September 14, 2012

By carolb1

I was very pleased with the care my mother received at Apple Grove. Every person who had a hand in her care was compassionate, skilled, and most of all - kind. It is very hard dealing with dementia patients, and much patience is needed. Everyone at Apple Grove was patient, gentle, caring, loving, and tactful. I highly recommend Apple Grove's family of caregivers.

April 10, 2012

By Caring512001

This place was wonderful in the beginning of my grandmother's stay. But then the more older people they got there, the more difficult it was to accommodate everyone living there. They never seem to have enough staff and the employees were definitely not educated enough to take care of people with Alzsheimer. It was definitely scarly when I started to notice conflicts between the residence that were not being handled, residence getting hurt and even the smell of urine in the hallways. I hope the owners have taken care of the problems.

The management and staff of Apple Grove Alzheimer's Residence and Adult Day Care are very concerned about the experience your family member had at our residence. As the foremost assisted living in the Memphis area dedicated to caring for individuals with Alzheimer's we offer a secure environment along with a dedicated staff. Our management and staff are very concerned about cleanliness especially odors. We would very much like to rectify this matter as we strive to offer the best in memory care. Please feel free to email me at kodonnell@applegroveliving.com. Regards, Kim O'Donnell, Community Relations Director

See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Photos of Apple Grove

Services and Amenities of Apple Grove

About Apple Grove

At Apple Grove, our residents don't just live a quality life, they experience it. As the only facility in the Memphis area completely dedicated to Alzheimer's and dementia care, we are committed to providing superior assisted-living services for our residents and support for their families. Every part of life”from daily activities to daily meal, from the Florida room to the courtyard is designed to provide residents with a sense of individuality and well-being to reduce anxiety which enriches their emotional life and memories.

• Privately owned and managed
  • Dedicated solely to Alzheimer's and dementia residents
  • Full-time residential care with varying levels of care
  • State-of-the-art, new, 32-room facility
  • Spacious, well-designed 23,000-square-foot residence
  • Five-acre campus with perimeter fencing and monitoring
  • Day-care programs with flexible hours, seven days a week
  • On-staff nurses and on-call support

Map of Apple Grove