10 Assisted Living Facilities near Jackson, TN
Also serving communities of Brownsville.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jackson area, with 9 in Jackson and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jackson is $3,071 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jackson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jackson 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Henderson with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Jackson find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jackson, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Jackson, TN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Jackson, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jackson
Located roughly halfway between Memphis and Nashville, Jackson is a small city of about 66,000 residents, 14 percent of whom are 65 years or older. Seniors in the area who need or desire assisted living care can choose among nine assisted living facilities in Jackson.
In Jackson, as well as the rest of Tennessee, assisted living facilities are classified as either assisted care living facilities (ACLF) or residential homes for the aged. The two options are somewhat similar, but ACLFs typically offer a higher level of care. Both are regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jackson
- The cost of living in Jackson is 11 percent lower than the national average, which helps adults on a fixed income enjoy a little extra spending money. While healthcare costs more than average in Jackson, other items that are common staple purchases for seniors, such as groceries and utilities, are less expensive.
- Jackson has a violent crime rate of 54 out of 100 and a property crime rate of 63.8 out of 100. These numbers are substantially higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Seniors who are concerned about their personal safety may want to be wary, but it should be noted that most assisted living facilities offer an abundance of security measures to keep residents safe.
- The climate in Jackson is ideal for seniors who enjoy watching the seasons change. The summers are hot, with average July highs above 90, while the low temperatures in January average below 30. The city gets 15 more inches of annual rain than the national average.
- Jackson's air quality is 54 out of 100 (100 is best). This is slightly below the national average of 58 but probably not too much cause for concern unless a senior has severe asthma or breathing difficulties.
- The Jackson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation is limited in the Jackson area, although the Jackson Transit Authority provides limited bus services around the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jackson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Jackson start around $3,042 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jackson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jackson
The State of Tennessee's Medicaid program, TennCare, offers eligible seniors the CHOICES waiver, which can cover many of the service costs associated with assisted living. The program does not cover room-and-board fees, but it does set a limit to those charges for waiver participants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jackson
Jackson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jackson, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jackson
Jackson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Jackson, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jackson
Review of Elmcroft of Jackson
I'm very pleased with the nurses and the CNAs at Elmcroft of Jackson. I like it, and my mother likes living there also. Her room is adequate for her. She has room for some plants and pots of flower... Read more
Review of Morningside of Jackson
My mother moved to Morningside of Jackson, and so far, our experience has been pretty good. The staff seems competent and caring, and the rooms are nice. You have a choice of what size room you lik... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Jackson
My brother is a resident of the assisted living level of Elmcroft of Jackson. So far, our overall experience has been really good and the staff is helpful. They have activities to do and it's a goo... Read more