3 Assisted Living Facilities near Milan, TN
Also serving communities of Trenton, Huntingdon.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Milan area, with 2 in Milan and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Milan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Milan 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Union City with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Milan, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Milan, TN
Assisted Living in Milan, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Milan
Milan has over 7,600 residents and a large senior community that makes up over 16% of its population. These seniors can build social connections, participate in educational and recreational programs and enjoy congregate meals at the local senior center. The center is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Seniors who are seeking assisted living services in the Milan region can choose from three facilities, including two in the city and another one about 12 miles away in Trenton. In Milan, assisted living facilities are governed by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Milan
- The Milan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Milan General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Tennessee, there is no state income tax, so seniors only pay federal income tax on their retirement income. This may make it easier to afford assisted living in Milan.
- Milan is rated safer than 9% of all U.S. cities and 16% of Tennessee cities. When compared only to similarly sized cities, Milan's violent and property crime rate is higher than average. Seniors may want to take extra precautions to secure their belongings, especially when they're out alone.
- The overall cost of living in Milan is about 25% lower than the national average, primarily due to the very low cost of housing. This may result in lower assisted living expenses, making the city a good choice for seniors with limited means.
- Milan's warm season lasts from late May until late September and tends to be very humid with highs between 80-90 degrees. The cool season lasts from late November until late February and has highs in the 45- to 55-degree range. Many local assisted living facilities provide individual climate control in residents' private living spaces to keep them comfortable year-round.
- Milan's air quality is slightly better than the average U.S. city, which may appeal to seniors with chronic cardiovascular or respiratory conditions. On a 100-point health index, this city is rated 63, versus the national average of 58.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Milan
Assisted Living Costs in Milan
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Milan
In Milan, assisted living services are covered for eligible seniors under the Medicaid 1115 managed care Long-Term Services and Supports program.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Milan
Free Assisted Living Resources in Milan
Assisted Living Communities in Milan
Caring Star Winners in Milan Area
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Milan Area
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Milan
Review of Wesley Fountain Place
This facility is absolutely AMAZING!! The staff is great! Especially Monica! She cares for ALL the residents so good!! When I called to get info she was very Knowledgeable about dementia and Alzhe... Read more
Review of Dogwood Pointe
My mother stayed at the Dogwood Pointe assisted living. It was changed into a memory care facility, which she did not need. The atmosphere was very happy, there were a lot of activities, and the ad... Read more
Review of Wesley Fountain Place
My mom is in Wesley Fountain Place. We are very pleased with it. The room is nice and a lot bigger than where she had been before. She likes the food there. She goes to some of the activities. She ... Read more