8 Assisted Living Facilities near Paris, TN
Also serving communities of Mc Kenzie, Bruceton.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paris area, with 2 in Paris and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Paris is $2,775 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paris. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paris 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Milan with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paris, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Paris, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paris
Paris, Tennessee, is proud to be named after the French City of Lights, and residents can enjoy a 60-foot replica of the famous landmark in scenic Eiffel Tower Park. Over 10,000 people call this Henry County city their home and 21% of them are aged 65 or over. Some in this age range may one day need assistance with their tasks of daily living. To provide the required aid, there are three assisted living facilities in the city, and neighboring communities offer six other options.
In Paris, and all of Tennessee, the Tennessee Department of Health, Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, licenses and oversees assisted care living facilities and residential homes for the aged, as these facilities are known in the Volunteer State.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paris
- At 80.6, the cost of living in Paris is 16 points below the state and nearly 20 points below the national averages, driven by low housing costs at half the U.S. median. This may be good news for family members moving here to be closer to seniors in assisted living facilities.
- The Paris area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Henry County Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tennessee is tax-friendly toward retirees. The state doesn't tax seniors in Paris or the rest of the state on Social Security income, withdrawals from retirement accounts or pensions.
- Seniors may enjoy high-quality air and water here. EPA measurements indicate Paris' air quality is 62, compared to a national median of 55, and the water quality of 80 is 25 points above the national median.
- Given higher crime rates in the area, seniors traveling in town for errands may wish to exercise caution. Paris' violent crime rate is 31.9, more than 10 points higher than the national norm, and its property crime rate is 68.9, nearly double the U.S. mean of 35.4.
- With an annual temperature range between 27 and 89, Paris receives just five inches of snowfall each year. However, the town gets 54 inches of rain, 16 inches higher than the U.S. average. This may warrant extra precaution for seniors with mobility issues when sidewalks and roads can become slippery.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paris
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Paris start around $3,286 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paris and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paris
Paris residents and all of Tennessee can seek financial assistance for assisted living facilities via the state's Medicaid 1115 waiver, which is also called the Long-Term Services and Supports CHOICES program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paris
Paris and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paris, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paris
Paris-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paris
Review of Charter Senior Living of Paris
My mother moved in, and the care has been wonderful. They've had church on Sundays, bingo, and sing-alongs. They have a book room or a library and a really nice dining hall. The rooms are very nice... Read more
Review of Eiffel Gardens
I visited Eiffel Gardens for my husband. That's the only one I've eaten at, and their food was delicious. I was impressed with it. They also have a daycare program. I was also impressed with the ad... Read more
Review of Charter Senior Living of Paris
Both of my parents are here, and we like its location. Everything worked well for them too. They had everything available to them, and they had someone on staff when they needed medical assistance.... Read more