7 Assisted Living Facilities near Paducah, KY
With an average cost of $2,840 in Paducah, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 12 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Paducah.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Paducah, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paducah
Paducah, Kentucky, was chartered as a city in 1856 and was an important area due to its close proximity to coal fields and dry dock facilities for steamboats and towboats. Paducah celebrates its history with local attractions such as the Paducah Railroad Museum and offers seniors the choice of five Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in town and another eight located close by.
In Kentucky, there are two types of ALFs: assisted living communities are private, for-profit businesses which require certification, while personal care homes may be publicly funded and must be licensed. Both facility types are governed by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paducah
- Paducah's mild climate allows seniors to enjoy outdoor activities in four distinct seasons. The summers are warm with an average high temperature of 89 degrees Fahrenheit, and the winters are mild with an average low temperature of 26 degrees and only six inches of snowfall. Even seniors with limited mobility can be active throughout the year.
- Although violent crime is rated at 23.7 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is lower than the national average of 31.1, property crime is rated at 60.4, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1. Due to these statistics, seniors living on their own may feel unsafe in Paducah.
- The Paducah Area Transit System (PATS) offers a fixed route schedule, curb-to-curb services and non-emergency medical transportation for residents. Seniors do not receive a reduced fare, but they are welcome to schedule pickups and drop-offs for their convenience.
- Seniors living in Kentucky's McCracken County can breathe easy thanks to good air quality. The American Lung Association gave this area an Ozone score of B and a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A.
- The Paducah area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baptist Health Paducah, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can take part in Paducah’s vibrant art community by exploring the unique exhibits at the Maiden Alley Cinema & Gallery and the Yeiser Art Center. Seniors may also enjoy classical performances and support local musicians at the Paducah Symphony Orchestra.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paducah
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Paducah start around $2,840 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paducah and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paducah
Qualified seniors in Kentucky may be able to get help paying for assisted living costs through the state’s Medicaid Home and Community Based Services waiver. There are no non-Medicaid programs that cover assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paducah
Paducah and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paducah, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paducah
Paducah-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paducah
Review of Morningside of Paducah
We've chosen Morningside of Paducah for my sister, but we're not very happy with the services. They don't have enough staff there. They're not making her bed. The physical therapist want her up wal... Read more
Review of Rivercrest Place
My mother likes Brookdale Paducah so far. The food is great. She likes the breakfast. The meals aren't seasoned as much, but that's good. Everything's really good. They have tea time, happy hour, s... Read more
Review of Morningside of Paducah
Morningside of Paducah was clean. There were staff member that were pretty good, but sometimes healthcare workers get burnt out. They had pretty good food; bingo; social events, like ice cream soci... Read more