The Gardens of Germantown

Reviews of The Gardens of Germantown

Memory Care Reviews for The Gardens of Germantown

April 11, 2014

By springfling

My mother recieved excellent care there for two years until her death. She was as happy as she could be under the circumstances. I saw a very positive change in her affect and demeanor

June 21, 2012

By I'm it....

The Gardens of Germantown is an assisted living facility that specializes in the care of individuals with memory problems such as dementia or Alzheimer's. They are also capable of caring for those who need personal care including bathing, eating, and hygiene. My mother was initially in a nursing home and within a matter of weeks, I could see that she was deteriorating both physically and mentally. Being in such a large environment was overwhelming for her. The Gardens of Germantown have 3 separate lock-down wings where patients are housed based on their stage of the disease. In each wing, the rooms open into a large lobby area for sitting and watching television, dining, and a gathering area for activities. Each wing has approximately 20 rooms and there are two personal assistants and one RN assigned to each wing. The nurses and personal care assistants are available anytime I have ever called to check on my mother and always keep me updated on any changing conditions. The activity director makes sure that each patient is included in all the activities if they wish to do so. The activities are set up to motivate and encourage the patients. I have sat in on the some of the activities and watched those patients who were withdrawn actually participating in games and exercises. Because the patients are allowed to bring their own furniture, they feel more at home than at a care facility. Once I removed my mother from the nursing home, her attitude has changed and she quickly adjusted to her new home. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needs the full-time memory care.

May 16, 2012

By dvreegib

My mother was transferred here after a stay in the hospital, and they did a wonderful job rehabilitating her and helping her to find a new home here. She receives excellent care from the staff, and their activities keep her days full and interesting for her, at a level she can enjoy and feel good about her accomplishments with. The food is excellent, the staff gives her as much time as she needs to eat (no rushing), and makes sure she stays well hydrated. She enjoys music, movies, exercise and activities of daily living, and they are very attentive to her medical needs, particularly anything that she is at risk for (such as falls, incontinence, bed sore prevention, etc). I have never, ever witnessed the staff being anything but absolutely respectful, gracious, loving and kind, with incredible patience. The staff and activities make this the best place in Memphis for someone who is frail, and suffering from dementia. Mother lived in several facilities prior to this one, and the facility, the staff, the management, everything about this place far exceeds anything she found in any of the other places she has lived. We are even free to visit at any time, day or night, so it's a wonderful place to stay connected. I highly recommend The Gardens of Germantown to anyone who is uncertain whether they should move their loved one out of their home. It is a second home par excellence!

May 15, 2012

By cassie1

Without a doubt the hardest decision I ever made. We have been at The Gardens for 10 months. I visited several facilities but when I walked thru the doors of The Gardens it felt like home - I had all the right feelings and still do today. The Gardens has 3 individual neighborhoods according to where you are in the disease - each area gets the attention and care they need because of the neighborhoods. I was ever so impressed and still am with the wealth of knowledge from the management team. I go home each day with feelings of peace and we are in the right place. There is not a dollar amount you can put on this feeling of security.

May 11, 2012

By pkeene

The facility is structurally very nice. Overall the caregivers are efficent, but there is a high turn over of nursing assistants.

May 09, 2012

By Thefire43

The GOG has been a godsend. They were extremely attentive and supportive during the decision to transition from home care to facility care. Once at the GOG, the entire has aided in making it my mom's new "home". The personal attention she receives is extremely comforting for me and my siblings. We no longer have to worry about her being alone. The activities director is energetic and creative. Mr. Bobby is always engaging the residents in meaningful activities and field trips. The director, Ms. Kathy, is open and informative. I recommend the GOG to any family struggling with the decision to have to transfer care of a loved one to professionals!

By theresahash

My mother has been a resident of the Gardens since they first opened in January 2011. They are an assisited living memory care facility. What makes the Gardens unique is their three residential wings for beginning, middle, and end stages of memory decline. The decor is like a luxury hotel with both private and double rooms with dining in each wing. I cannot say enough good things about the Gardens- they have taken wonderful care of my Mom! While they are not perfect (no place is), their staff from the PCA's to nursing staff, to management has always been wonderful and open to suggestions if there was something I didn't like. There is also a doctor who visits weekly, a podiatrist who visits, and a beauty salon on site. We never have to leave which is a blessing for my Mom who is in the end stages of Alzheimer's disease.

By roopturner

It is hard to move a loved one into the care of others, but since day one when I walked in The Gardens, I know that this was the family atmosphere I wanted for my mom. The staff is the best and everyone always has a kind word to say and a smile on their face. We had some outside family member issues and they were both compassionate and helpful during this troubled time with my mom. My mom was very reclusive and not eating well when she first moved in, but now attends exercise activities and other field trips and is eating better. The staff always answer questions and resolves problems quickly and kindly. You couldn't find a better dementia facility in this area!!! Thanks GARDENS...I know my mom is in the best hands around!!!

By Bee101

This place is truly one-of-a-kind! There is not enough time in the day for me to tell you how special it is. ALL of the employees love their job and it shows! They truly care about the residents and their families. You can see their love for the residents as they're talking to them or caring for them. It takes a special kind of person with a big heart and a lot of patience to work with alzheimers patients. I wish I had half their energy, optimism and patience. I've spent time in other retirement care facilities and have never seen anything like this. I've noticed that many places have expensive equipment for excercise, beautiful furniture and decor, movie theaters, etc. But I've never seen a staff like this. I feel like that's what matters more than anything as people age. I've talked to many elderly people and they seem to care less and less about material things and grow more concerned about how well they'll be taken care of in the future. My mother-in-law is in this home. And I hope that my mother (and best friend) can live there too one day.

By nursetn

Can go on vacation this year and relax for the first time in 2 years. Mother hasn't fallen in the 7 months she has been there. My sister and I are both pleased with the staff to resident ratio compared to the other place Mother lived and places we visited.
See all Memory Care reviews (18) See fewer reviews

Costs for The Gardens of Germantown

Photos of The Gardens of Germantown

Services and Amenities of The Gardens of Germantown

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Gardens of Germantown

The Gardens of Germantown Memory Care offers safe, secured neighborhoods for your loved one, for all stages of memory loss from beginning dementia to advanced Alzheimer’s.

Our Neighborhoods are completely secured. Each Neighborhood has it’s own dining, activities and socializing area. Beautiful sunrooms provide a comfortable place to relax. Everything in our building - from the spacious hallways, elegant decor, and apartment suite amenities has been designed for your loved one with luxurious comfort in mind.

Map of The Gardens of Germantown