The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

Reviews of The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

Assisted Living Reviews for The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

June 29, 2015

By David109702650

The director of Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill was fantastic. She took me around and showed me everything. It was a little pricey for our budget. The only downfall was where it was located. But other than that, the place was beautiful. The staff was very nice. They showed us the dining area. It was laid out very nicely.

April 26, 2015

By Edithgebhart

My husband was in the memory care at Arbor Terrace. He received excellent care from dedicated staff. They all were very caring and warm people. I can highly recommend this facility to anyone who wants special care for their loved one. The place is very clean and pleasant.

March 13, 2015

By dance2praise

My Dad has been at Arbor Terrace since August 2014. I have been so impressed with the entire staff and the facility itself. Everything is very well maintained and there's more of a home-like atmosphere than in most personal care facilities. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect and the staff know the residents by name. There are activities throughout the day, they have an option of several choices on their daily menu for their meals, they go on outings, and we are allowed to visit my Dad at any time. I thank God for the staff and managers at Arbor Terrace.

August 30, 2014

By Roberta17

It was a very nice place. They had a doctor who comes a couple of times a week. They had very nice accomodation with a large bedroom and a kitchenette.The food tasted really good. They served three meals a day and snacks. They have games and invited people to do concerts within the facility. The residents also go shopping. I can say that the place is very secured and safe. The residents like being there. The people who worked there were very friendly good. I would recommend this place to others.

August 29, 2014

I visited Arbor Terrace today. It seemed very warm and inviting. We saw a reunion of old friends and there were residents and staff greeting us as they walked through the halls. The whole staff there seemed very friendly. They have laundry, housekeeping, three meals a day, and also personal care for the assisted living portion. They have a geriatric counselor that meets with the residents one-on-one and helps them either transition into assisted living or just checks in on them once in a while. The room was nice. The person was in the process of moving out so there was furniture around, but it was a good-sized room. It has a kitchenette and a large bathroom. I did see the dining area. It was furnished nicely and I saw people cleaning up and setting up the tables again for the next meal. They were very personable as well. They have all kinds of activities going on. They have an enrichment program where students of Arcadia University come in and have classes with them. It's a very educational environment. They have word games to stimulate their minds and they have themed events and celebrations -- they have all kinds of games and exercises, too. They usually have three activities going on at the same time throughout the day. They also have physical therapy there.

July 31, 2014

By Michael88914150

I was only at Arbor Terrace for a brief tour but while there everything seemed to be nice. I didn’t see anything that was awkward. It was definitely a positive experience. The staff is very courteous. We weren’t rushed; they took time in answering questions that we had. It was definitely a clean place. I don’t know how old the building itself was but everything about it seemed modern. Their dining room was well lit and was wide open space with plenty of places to sit. Some residents there seemed passive; different people have their health situations but no one seemed unhappy. They have crafts and they do fieldtrips. They rent a shuttle bus to come by and at certain times during the month people who are interested can join along and they take a trip off to a restaurant for dinner. They do shopping trips as well.

July 31, 2014

Arbor Terrace was satisfactory. It was clean. It was probably a medium size community and it looked new. I was treated well. The staff were warm and informative. It was homey. I didn't see any activities but they do have an activity board. It's a nice facility; it's just not affordable. It's also out of my mother's price range.

July 20, 2014

By Kathleen30

I like Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill a lot. The woman that I talked to was excellent. She spoke very highly of the community. She talked about the unique diversity of educated people that live there. This is an assisted community, but they also have memory care. The rooms were very spacious. The window sills were deep. However, the bathrooms and the kitchenettes were a little outdated. One part of the building was very old but beautiful. It was the mansion. What they did was, they made additions to the place, and I thought it was very nice. So the grounds were half new and half old.

July 06, 2014

By gwendolyn2

Arbor Terrace had the nicest outdoor facility. They had a very beautiful terrace and garden. Part of it is an older building and part is new, so it had a funny transition in the middle. The décor is really lovely, classic club décor. It is the most visibly populated place that we visited, and most of the residents were out in the common rooms. There were several different activities going on. The staff was great. They were really nice, and many of them had worked there for a long time. The rooms were a little bit smaller than the other places, which was totally fine. It had the most ethnic diversity.

October 11, 2013

By SE

I liked Arbor Terrace because it was clean and bright. The staff was engaged and energetic. The food was very good. They had lots of activities. I liked the area, it was very nice. Beautiful facility.

July 24, 2013

By Joann4

I liked Arbor Terrace a lot, it was very nice but it was too expensive. The staff was very nice and I was very impressed. The residents looked happy. The rooms are nice and I would recommend Arbor Terrace.

October 17, 2012

It was very nice. The food wasn't quite good, but the people were nice. They offer a more extended program. They can do hospice and all sorts of things. It was clean, homey, and it seem like they renovated frequently enough that it was up to date. The grounds was fairly nice though small. I would recommend Arbor Terrace to others.

May 07, 2012

By smiley2

This facility is well maintained. The staff provide excellent care and attention to details and are very helpful. The meals are well-prepared and there is a variety of cuisines that provide a unique and interesting dining experience. The residents are also offered a variety of activities and events. I recomment Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill in Philadelphia, PA as a reliable alternative when trying to decide how to provide a safe and secure living environment for your parent(s).

March 06, 2012

By kaff

Arbor Terrace is as close to home as any place away from home can be! The facility is beautiful. The main entrance and lobby is in an old mansion. The rest of the facility has been added to this stunning building.The staff is friendly and helpful. They seem to be actually happy to be working there. They always have time to stop and chat and ask if you need anything. They have the utmost respect for their client and it shows in everything they do.They have private or semi-private rooms. The rooms are very nicely appointed and large enough for the single bed, a closet, a dresser and enough sitting room so that a visitor doesn't feel cramped. The bathroom is set up for the handicapped.All meals are served as though you are in a fine restaurant. The tables are cleaned promptly after each meal and reset thoughtfully. There is always a choice of 2 entrees. If you don't like either, you can request a sandwich.There is also a room that is stocked with coffee, juice and some kind of fresh pastry as well as cereal and milk. This room is accessible to residents at all times.Days are filled with activities such as worship services, movies, bingo, card playing, and sometimes a visiting musical group or lecturer.Residents are treated like the intelligent, valuable older adults that they are. Arbor Terrace is a sparkling clean, friendly, warm and comfortable place to reside.

Questions about The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Terrace at Chestnut Hill. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a very diverse and lively community! The median age of our residents is 82, ranging from 43 to 103. They come from various professional backgrounds and enjoy staying social and active.

What programs or activities does The Terrace at Chestnut Hill offer to enrich residents' well-being?

-Daily morning exercise -Brain Games -Arts & Crafts -Jewelry Making -Floral arranging -Cooking sessions -Musical performances -Karaoke -Various religious services/activities -Happy Hours -Off-site lunch trips and shopping trips -BINGO -Movies -Veterans Support Group -Diabetic Support Group -African American History Club -Men's Group

What places are near The Terrace at Chestnut Hill or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Consistently rated as one of Philadelphia’s most-loved neighborhoods, Chestnut Hill is located in Philadelphia’s northwest corner only 25 minutes outside of Center City. Best known for its rich history, nature, & culture, Chestnut Hill is loaded with charm and beauty. Historic mansions display unique architecture from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Nearby Fairmount Park and Morris Arboretum provide a tranquil and lush setting. Boutique shops, galleries, and restaurants can be found along its tree-lined cobblestone streets.

What transportation services does The Terrace at Chestnut Hill offer to assisted living residents?

We offer in-house transportation to medical appointments and off-site activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Terrace at Chestnut Hill exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Sample Lunch Offerings: Garden salad Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Pasta Salad Bacon & Onion Quiche Beer-battered Fish & Chips Turkey Salad Croissant Reuben Sandwich Assorted Ice Cream Sample Dinner Offerings: Soup: French Onion, Italian Wedding, Chicken Orzo Dinner Rolls & Garlic Bread Baked Rotisserie Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, & Green Beans Stuffed Flounder w/Crabmeat, Scalloped Potatoes, & Vegetable Medley Sliced Roast Beef, Rosemary Potatoes, & Steamed Broccoli Dessert: Coconut Cake, Apple Pie, Chocolate Chip Cake

What safety features or security measures does The Terrace at Chestnut Hill offer to assisted living residents?

We have staff on-site 24/7 and concierge services from 8am to 8pm. Our doors lock at 8pm and unlock at 8am. A security code is given to families so that they can visit their loved one anytime--families are welcome to visit 24/7!

How does The Terrace at Chestnut Hill keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our management team has an open-door policy. We have care conferences with families upon request or as needed in order to address any questions or concerns. Keeping open communication with families is a priority.

If The Terrace at Chestnut Hill accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents can have a pet as long as they can care for it themselves. We have a large backyard area that is great for romps and walks!

What safety features or security measures does The Terrace at Chestnut Hill provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care residents live in a secured setting so that those who do wander can remain safe at all times.

How does The Terrace at Chestnut Hill keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around The Terrace at Chestnut Hill. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Terrace is located in a residential neighborhood in Philadelphia that borders Montgomery County.

Is The Terrace at Chestnut Hill affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospitals. However, Chestnut Hill Hospital is our 911 hospital in case of emergency.

Costs for The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: Personal Care
  • State Licenses: LIc 141570

About The Terrace at Chestnut Hill

The Terrace at Chestnut Hill is a senior living provider in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact The Terrace at Chestnut Hill for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Terrace at Chestnut Hill