Aventura at Terrace View

Reviews of Aventura at Terrace View

Nursing Home Reviews for Aventura at Terrace View

April 20, 2014

By RDKDAVE

My wife was placed there after an extensive hospital stay. She is unable to walk at this time however with extensive physical therapy she will regain the ability to walk. Like the other comment, if you hit the buzzer for help you will wait a minimum of a half hour. One time, while our son and I were visiting my wife suffered one of the complications of the condition she has, she felt she couldn't breathe, although she was breathing, she felt her throat was closing. We rang the buzzer and none came. 30 minutes later still no help. I went into the hallway and there is a nurse standing right next to the nurses desk. Then s he told me I had to wait. Told her there was no time to wait. I've since had a meeting with social workers and therapy staff. Some of the issues have been fixed. However I was told By someone in administration that if something like that happens again just go out to the nurses desk. Now that would be fine for me, but how does that help my wife? Now, for the past few days I actually have to call the desk from home because my wife says she had had nothing to drink all night and there is nothing for her to drink in the room. Or I have to call to ask them to go change my wife. They have been doing this since my wife called me in the middle of the evening, saying there was a male nurses sis there to change her by HIMSELF. Immediately called the desk and told them that under no circumstances will a man change my wife by himself. I was OK with him helping to change her as long as a female aid or nurse was with him. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Ask they seem to do is wasn't too retaliate and my wife since I complained to the pepper people on the administration about her level of care. This will most definitely be reported to the state.

July 29, 2013

By Jane31

My mom is currently in Lackawanna Health and Rehab. The place is alright, but I cannot say anything great about it because every time I walk in there, it smells. Her room was not spacious. She used to have a room on her own, but they move someone in there and the woman refuses to turn off her TV and she wants the TV on all the time. It is hard for my mom to sleep and asked her if she could turn off her TV and then they said she had every right to have her TV on which I think it's wrong. If you share a room, you should be a little bit respectful and at midnight shut it off or at least turn it down. But since it was my mom who made the complaint, they move her to another room that has no space at all. It is small and so smelly. But I got her back to the room that she was in. There are not enough staff because when my mom rings her bell for something, it took them forever to response. I could not even visit her because there are no chairs to sit with them. It is not a very good facility. My mother hates the food. I would suggest that may be they should take care of their residents a little better and add more staff.

Photos of Aventura at Terrace View

• Insurance
  • Credit Card
  • Check

About Aventura at Terrace View

At Aventura at Terrace View, you’re in good hands. Whether your stay is long term or short term, our staff collaborates to design an individualized treatment plan for each person to address his or her specific needs. We take pride in the care our residents receive from our warm, compassionate staff in our comfortable and well-equipped facility. Join the Aventura family and experience healthcare from the heart.

Map of Aventura at Terrace View