Ecumenical Retirement Community Harrisburg, PA

Reviews of Ecumenical Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Ecumenical Retirement Community

November 27, 2013

By Marianne7

We choose Ecumenical Community for my mom because aside from the cost, they seem to have the most experienced with folks that had Alzheimer's and dementia. She's been there a couple of weeks and her doctor is an on-call doctor there which is good. They seem to have activities that are necessary to dementia patients to be active during the day. We are still in the transition stage and naturally the Alzheimer's patients will act out and going to be more confused. However, they seems to be handling it very well. There seems to be enough staff so that everybody gets individual care. They have been good working with us and taking care of my mom.

November 16, 2012

My mother is in Ecumenical Retirement Community. She likes it and fits in there well. The staff is absolutely wonderful and the food is very good. I've eaten there when I had lunch with my mother. The rooms are very clean. She has her own room which is good for her, because that's what she needed.

October 26, 2012

By Kelly L

The staff and management are excellent and go above and beyond. My Mom has never been happier. I would recommend Ecumenical to anyone.

February 29, 2012

This facility is nice and very well priced as it is non profit. Unfortunately it was full at the time my brother and I were looking for a assisted living facility for our father. But, at least now we know why!

Independent Living Reviews for Ecumenical Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Ecumenical Retirement Community

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Ecumenical Retirement Community

Ecumenical Retirement Community began as a family-owned and operated senior living facility in 1970. It has since grown to include six campuses and over 1,000 residents. At Country Meadows, their goal is to enable residents to live active, healthy lives through a variety of programs that promote social engagement and intellectual stimulation. They offer many different activities for their residents, including dances, parties, country rides, lunch at local restaurants, games at the clubhouse or movies at the theater. Country Meadows also provides comfortable living quarters with cozy libraries where friends can gather for conversation or reading. They take wellness seriously at Country Meadows by providing fitness instructors who plan wellness education programs with community health professionals who visit the campus regularly. Residents have access to fitness activities such as Tai Chi classes or gentle yoga sessions led by an instructor who is certified in therapeutic yoga techniques specifically designed for seniors' needs. There are also Nautilus exercises available in the fitness center as well as an indoor walking track on each campus which can be used year-round thanks to their heated floors.

Map of Ecumenical Retirement Community