Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center

June 01, 2017

By flinger

I took my husband here last night for rehab from a double knee replacement. They would not help getting him out of the car nor into the bed. One worker rammed him into a wall in the wheelchair. They don't seem to have walkers, had to borrow one from one of the patients.. All we heard was "the union does not allow us to do that" - how is it rehab then? The place smelled badly and the room / bed my husband was presented with did not appear clean. The staff seemed nice enough except for not being "allowed" to do anything but the supervisor definitely had a poor attitude. My husband says the staff was smoking inside, in a room off the hall. The kennel for my dogs is nicer than this place.. Does 1 star just mean it exists?

May 08, 2017

By SICK 2 STOMACH DAUGHTER

This place is horrible do not send your loved one here.The care is terrible and the place is dirty and smells like urine. My father was here after having a stroke he was unable to stand and get out of bed.The rehab people would come in and work a little with him but never got him up to work with him.He was on oxygen and every time I would go in to see him it was out of his nose and he could not breath well without it.We were there everyday.His hair was dirty and they were to order dry shampoo after 3 or 4 days of them never getting it for him we got it ourselves.We noticed one day that his left arm was swollen and hurt him badly so I got a nurse to look at it .She said that this happens with stroke victims and I did not know any better.A week later we got a call saying they were sending him via ambulance to med center ....5 hour later he passed away due to having a terrible infection in his bloodstream that was through out his body he also had a severe uti infection.Please do not send your loved ones to this place.So much more happened but it would take me forever to give all the details.

July 27, 2016

By RB128870

Beaver Valley does a lot of rehab. It's average but fairly clean. Most of the rooms are doubles, not apartment-type. It's suitable.

March 07, 2015

By anonymous107268750

My mom was in Beaver Valley Nursing and Rehab. It was very good. The staff was very good because they went above and beyond in helping her. I had not tried the food, but it looked a little better than the other place she was in. She was in a shared room, and it was adequate. I was satisfied with it. It was very clean, and the staff was very nice.

April 13, 2013

By helpless one

There are very FEW of teh staff whtuaally seem to care! My grandma was sent there by her doctor after being diagnosed with cancer & half the time, they "forget" to bring her any meals! They don't know how to empty her bag (a colostomy). They leave her in her wheelchair ALL DAY LONG & don't bother checking on her. I don't think I'd recomend this place to my worst enemy! It's a shame to think of how unorganized or uncaring these people seem to be! (Minus the very very FEW who actually pay attention!)

August 04, 2011

By caretaker2

We have found most staff to be caring and interested. Several staff members have been outstanding! There is a missing link: continuity between shifts and coordination of care could be more thorough. An orientation program with new clients and family would be helpful. A client mentor or an advocate would help eliminate many questions.

March 06, 2009

By Annamarie-1

I toured the facility which was nice; however the Social Worker was rather rude which suprised me. Since I myself am a Social Worker I found this disheartening. I would not recommend this facility to anyone nor would say anything nasty. The entire time I was there I felt as though I was being talked down to and treated as if I were clueless. Overall the building was clean and neat. The patients seemed well cared for.

Services and Amenities of Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center

Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Beaver Valley Health and Rehabilitation Center