Cottingham Retirement Community

Cottingham Retirement Community (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Cottingham Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Cottingham Retirement Community

November 28, 2013

We like Cottingham very much. We just visited there a couple of times and we liked their apartment. They have a lot of activities for the residents. They were my second choice and I thought they would be a good facility also. The staff seemed very nice and they knew all the residents by their first name. They also seemed very attentive.

November 21, 2013

My parents stayed in Cottingham Retirement Community for almost 12 months. I would recommend this place for assisted living. It was clean. They also had a choice of meal 3 times a day. Their nursing care was pretty good and they were also friendly. They had outings, bingo and other card games and music programs. But the staff was not always careful about their privacy.

May 30, 2012

By Kristina1

My grandfather has been at Cottingham Retirement Community for almost three years, and I would recommend this assisted living community for your relative or friend. The comfort Cottingham provides for the elderly must be pleasant, because my grandfather did not want to be moved out of his house, but immediately adjusted to life in his new home. We no longer had to worry about him injuring himself with no one to help him.Every time I visit Cottingham, the grounds and interior are clean, spacious, and bright. There are plenty of skylights, windows, and decorations like plants and antique furniture to make the residents feel at home. Activities are hosted regularly, such as Wii bowling, movie nights, and sports game viewing. Additionally, a church service is held every Saturday.The staff at Cottingham is friendly, attentive, and experienced. My grandfather has dementia, and most of the staff is very helpful, with the rare occasion of an impatient cafeteria worker or nurse. I have joined him during a Christmas lunch, and the food is very good. When an issue or question arises regarding my grandfather's health, the staff immediately attends to it in a helpful manner. Overall, I would say our family could not be happier with the care and comfort my grandfather has at Cottingham Retirement Community.

Independent Living Reviews for Cottingham Retirement Community

Costs for Cottingham Retirement Community

Photos of Cottingham Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Cottingham Retirement Community

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: 1792R

About Cottingham Retirement Community

Cottingham is a part of the Deaconess Communities, a non-profit organization, and we’re proud to have all the benefits that go along with it.

As a non-profit senior community, we are focused on you and not making huge profits. We’re comfortable placing all our effort on our residents and hiring a highly qualified staff. Cottingham Retirement Community offers everything under one roof for independent lifestyles, assisted living, rehabilitation, long term care and memory care. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you will not have to move when your needs change.

Cottingham Retirement Community was established in 1984. We are non-denominational and welcome those who are 65 years and older. There is no endowment fee, only a one-time community fee. You’ll have everything you could dream of needing and people that care about you.

Costs:

Our Independent monthly rent includes the evening meal, all utilities, phone, cable, weekly housekeeping, plus many other amenities.

Our Assisted Living monthly rent includes all three meals, utilities, phone cable, weekly housekeeping, assistance with dressing, bathing, medications, daily bed making services, around-the-clock room checks, assistance to and from the dining room and activities, plus many other amenities.

Our Memory Care monthly rent includes all three meals, utilities, phone, cable, weekly housekeeping, assistance with dressing, bathing, medications, daily bed making services, around-the-clock room checks, assistance to and from the dining room and enriching activities, plus a private landscaped courtyard.

There is a one time community fee when moving in

Features:

Cleaning Services

• Laundry Service available for clothes
  • Laundry Service available for linens

Financial Guidance

• We are here to help residents and family members with financial options that are available to them.
  • We can help guide you with VA benefits

Guest Services

• Hospitality Suites available

• Minimum age: 65

A tradition of high standards & affordable lifestyle, Our residents have priority access to all levels of care, On-site Medicare Certified Home Care Agency, On-site Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy, Nursing Staff available 24 hours, Secured Entrances, Longevity of Staff – many have been here over 25 years!

Map of Cottingham Retirement Community