Ohio Living Rockynol

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1150 W Market St, Akron, OH 44313
Ohio Living Rockynol (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Ohio Living Rockynol

Assisted Living Reviews for Ohio Living Rockynol

December 12, 2014

The people that I ran across at Rockynol were friendly and helpful. The apartments were clean and laid out well, and it seemed that it will suffice -- spacewise -- for one person and some of them could be two person apartments. Their dining room seemed like it was laid out well, and the décor was nice. They had multi activities from exercise to going places to shopping and entertainment trips.

January 23, 2014

My mom stayed at the Rockynol Retirement Community for a while. The rooms were very nice and many of their aides were outstanding. She shared a room, but the side that she had was a nice view and it was pleasant. She was staying in the rehab part, it may be different from an actual apartment, but overall the ambience was as good as it can be. It had a wonderful PT department, the physical therapy was excellent.

June 17, 2013

By Whatever89

I stayed in Rockynol for two weeks. It was one of the oldest facilities in the area and this one was considered the better one. I was staying in a very nice room, it was just refurbished. The staff were very nice. However, the food they served there was too salty for me. I also wasn't able to participate in some activities because those that I liked were not in the same building as I was at that time. I didn't have the capability to go to other buildings because of my inability to get around real well.

June 01, 2012

By wamama

My experience was positive. Staff was always attentive to patients and helpful with questions or conerns that family members have. The facility was always clean and had a positive atmopshere. They do special things for their residents like have "Bing Night" and honor their birthdates. My grandmother's favorite thing was to go soak in the "big tub". They allowed their residents occasional baths in a tub with jets. The food was ok. There is room for improvement with the food selection. However, most of the residents seemed to be happy and enjoying their time at Rockynol. Upon my grandmother's passing, the nursing facility was very respectful of the family and gracious in working with hospice. They were obliging and many of the staff attended her funeral services. The staff seems to form special bonds with their residents. This facility is especially nice because they offer different levels of assistance. This is a place that you can spend the rest of your days in comfort and with high quality care.

May 23, 2012

By Mook

My dad spent several weeks in this facility. He came there after spending 9 days in the hospital. When he arrived from the hospital no one explained how things worked and what to expect on a daily basis. I constantly had to ask qustions. I think they were under staffed with help. Food was inferior. Therapy team was great! Some nurses were better than others. My dad is still able to think clearly and communicate so he was able to express his need for medication, etc. I don't think I'd chose to place him there for assistant living.

April 01, 2012

By dejawog

Rockynol Assisted Living has a beautiful campus, near the very diverse Highland Square area, in Akron, OH. It has two large ponds, with huge koi and geese that return every year, and memory gardens and trees throughout. There are Independent Living Apartments, an Assisted Living Unit, a Special Care Unit, and a Nursing Care facility. They've recently added a beautiful non-demoninational chapel. The Assisted Living Facility has many activities, and outings, including shopping, lunches and dinners out, and campus wide cocktail parties on Fridays. The Special Care Unit is improving, as far as staff training, care, activities, and consistency in staffing. They are working to improve their knowledge of treatment with dementia and Alzheimer's residents. The Nursing Care Unit is recommended for rehabilitation after hospital stays or surgeries, and residents that require more intense medical care. Both of my parents have been in the Assisted Living, Medical Nursing Unit, and now Special Care. They moved in in May of 2006, and I would move them there again today. There are many facilities nearby, but Rockynol has been chosen #1 for 7 years in a row. No place is perfect, but I now find Rockynol willing to consider new ideas, new information, and new treatments. As long as they're working towards improvement, I can't ask for more.

Nursing Home Reviews for Ohio Living Rockynol

Services and Amenities of Ohio Living Rockynol

• Dining Extra: Cooked To Order Meals With Full Service Restaurant Style Dining, Flexible Dining Options, Multiple Dining Venues And Private Dining Room

• Pool

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Ohio Living Rockynol

Ohio Living Rockynol is a senior living provider in Akron, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care. Contact Ohio Living Rockynol for more details on services and rates.

Map of Ohio Living Rockynol