The Merriman

Reviews of The Merriman

Assisted Living Reviews for The Merriman

July 16, 2015

By DDB

The assist living at the Merriman really need attentive, caring, respectful patient employee's. They need to get rid of the ones that come to work with an non caring attitude and just to get a pay check. All of the employee's from the receptionist, kitchen, house keeping, laundry etc., need to be trained in people skills. They are suppose to be there to assist the residents. I'm extremely disappointed in the non professional service that my loved one has been receiving at the Merriman. There is a lot of room for improvement. I will continue to give comments like this until I see improvement from the assistant living division at the Merriman.

August 28, 2013

By Caring from Ohio

The Merriman is a smaller facility. They will only require you pay one flat rate and everything is included. They have lots of activities there especially those that would interest my grandmother. They have a fantastic library there, since she loves reading, she would enjoy that place too. Their staff is also fantastic. The one who gave the tour was very nice and willing to help. I would most definitely recommend this one.

May 09, 2012

By GoodFriend77

The Merriman is a very clean, well maintained, and elegant facility with spacious rooms, common areas and lots of activities for residents. The staff is very attentive, kind, and helpful. I think the main house was originally a mansion of one of the rubber barons, but I am not sure.My friend, who is a resident, always reports that the meals are wonderful, though she thinks they always feed her too much.Activities include live music several times a week, visiting pets once a week, lots of games, crafts, art projects, puzzles, and more. They have a small library, and lots of windows overlooking the garden and grounds.Residents seem to be in good spirits, and have many small groups of friends who enjoy different activities ranging from sitting on the patio to playing cards or board games.Staff did everything imaginable to help ease my friend's transition to the facility, and have made it a positive change for her, even though she still thinks of herself as a very independent person. All in all, they have done a great job and have improved her standard of living enormously.

Photos of The Merriman

Services and Amenities of The Merriman

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

About The Merriman

The Merriman is nestled on a five-acre historical estate. An idyllic setting including a 1917 mansion set in a beautiful West Akron neighborhood featuring Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing. Those who reside at The Merriman are always encouraged to attain and retain the greatest level of independence possible. The Merriman possesses the quiet beauty of a well-appointed residential community as well as the tieless elegance of our signature 1917 mansion.

For over 50 years, our assisted living and skilled nursing facility has provided a place for area seniors to receive loving care. With our commitment to preserving this tradition comes our ongoing promise to residents, families, staff, and the community that, “The Merriman,” will provide exceptional care and distinctive retirement living.

Our staff is committed to understanding and meeting the needs and wants of every individual who calls The Merriman home. In all that we do, we strive to always say yes!

Map of The Merriman