Chicago suburb Aurora, IL, has a population of 197,757, of whom 9.1% are aged 65 and older. Seniors in this city have access to high-quality health care facilities Rush Copley Medical Center and AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora.

Nursing homes offer the most extensive long-term care available outside of a hospital. These facilities feature room and board, skilled nursing, 24-hour monitoring, personal care and therapies. Such a high level of support makes nursing homes significantly pricier than other care accommodations. According to the Genworth Financial 2020 Cost of Care Survey, this service costs slightly more than the national average in Aurora. Here, a semiprivate room carries an average monthly rate of $8,076 per month, while the average American city sees an average rate of $7,756. Many individuals delay or avoid entering a nursing home with home health care or assisted living arrangements.

This guide discusses the costs of different senior care options. It also provides contact information for some local resources designed to support Aurora’s elders and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Aurora, IL

Provena Mcauley Manor

400 Sullivan Rd, Aurora, IL, 60506

Our loving Brother Peter was cared for by a dedicated nurturing staff to whom we are very grateful. A spiritual environment, offering mass and very supportive of families.

Jennings Terrace – Assisted Living

275 South LaSalle, Aurora, IL, 60505

Residents and visitors give Jennings Terrace high marks for cleanliness and praise the knowledgeable and friendly staff. This assisted living facility is located in the heart of Aurora, Illinois, and … (read more)

Alden of Waterford

2021 RANDI DRIVE, Aurora, IL, 60505

Alden of Waterford did an excellent job of caring for my father. The nurses, CNAs, and staff were compassionate and worked hard to troubleshoot any problems that came up with his care. My mother visit … (read more)

Symphony Orchard Valley

2330 West Galena Blvd., Aurora, IL, 60506

Symphony of Orchard Valley is a comfortable senior living facility conveniently located in Aurora, Illinois. The facility offers traditional assisted living options and short-term stays, as well as ho … (read more)

Aurora Rehabilitation and Living Center

1601 N Farnsworth Ave, Aurora, IL, 60505

The place was filthy! Residents just sitting around doing nothing. Was in the elevator with a resident that looked and smelled like he just came in off the street.Called to speak to the Director seve … (read more)

Elmwood Terrace Healthcare Center

1017 WEST GALENA BOULEVARD, Aurora, IL, 60506

ALDEN COURTS OF WATERFORD

1991 RANDI DRIVE, Aurora, IL, 60504

Tabor Hills A Campus of Caring

1347 Crystal Court, Naperville, IL, 60563

My mom is in Tabor Hills A Campus of Caring. They’ve been OK from what I’ve seen. They take care of my mom, and they’re attentive. I wish they would let families in longer or more because of the COVID … (read more)

2014

Asbury Gardens

212 Airport Road, North Aurora, IL, 60542

This facility is not for a patient who needs medical attention Dr. Bradshaw was always unavailable cancel urine test my mother had chronic UTIs landed her in situation to have to leave facility three … (read more)

St Patrick’s Residence

1400 BROOKDALE ROAD, Naperville, IL, 60563

Each and every St. Patrick’s staff member treated my Mother as if she were their own Mother. The Carmelite Sisters and the staff took care of my Mom’s bodily needs as well as her spiritual needs with … (read more)

Manorcare of Naperville

200 Martin Avenue, Naperville, IL, 60540

Have just returned from an extended stay and was extremely pleased with all of the people at this facility. The nurses stayed on top of my meds, the techs went out of their way to help me, and the ph … (read more)

Meadowbrook Manor – Naperville

720 Raymond Drive, Naperville, IL, 60563

Meadowbrook Manor – Naperville is a nursing home, and I liked what I’ve seen. It felt like home. I just liked what they did and what they showed me. The price was a little bit less than where mom is a … (read more)

West Chicago Terrace

928 JOLIET ROAD, West Chicago, IL, 60185

West Chicago Terrace was, at least when I visited it, a fairly clean place. When one first enters the nursing home, there are no blatant odors, but rather a smiling young face to greet the visitor. Al … (read more)

Geneva Nursing and Rehab Center

1101 E. State Street, Geneva, IL, 60134

BRIA of Geneva (Geneva Nursing and Rehab Center) is a small nursing home. The staff is all very good and providing the nursing care that my husband requires. My husband is doing physical therapy, spee … (read more)

Symphony at the Tillers

4390 Route 71, Oswego, IL, 60543

What we wished we had known before choosing the Symphony at Tiller’s: 1. They will not allow the resident to walk because they told us they are short staffed and they are! My husband was forced to … (read more)

Community Nursing & Rehab Center

1136 NORTH MILL STREET, Naperville, IL, 60563

My sister was sent there from RML (had Trach/on Ventilator) by request of a Doctor who worked with CNR. We set up her room and thought she would be cared for. One night I brought an air mattress to s … (read more)

Covenant Hlth Cr Ctr-batavia

831 N Batavia Avenue, Batavia, IL, 60510

North Aurora Care Center

310 BANBURY ROAD, North Aurora, IL, 60542

Springs At Monarch Landing, The

2255 Monarch Drive, Naperville, IL, 60563

Nursing Home Costs in Aurora, Illinois

In Aurora, a nursing home semiprivate room comes at an average cost of $8,076 per month. The average monthly cost for a private room here is $8,532.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Comparing median monthly fees of nursing home semiprivate rooms, Aurora’s costs are $320 above the national median. However, prices in this city exceed the Illinois statewide average by $1,841.

Aurora is one of the most expensive cities in Illinois for nursing home care. Costs here are $2,251 above Rockford’s average prices and $2,175 higher than rates in the Champaign area. Residents in Kankakee see a smaller difference, paying $1,536 less per month than Aurora’s seniors. In Danville, costs fall an average of $1,202 below fees in Aurora.

$8076

Kankakee

$6874

Danville

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Understanding the costs of nursing home care and alternatives in Aurora can help families decide on the best placement for their aging loved one. Adult day health care is the most economical choice, with an average cost of $1,614 per month. Assisted living costs an average of $4,950, and home care is just $7 above that. Home health care runs an average of $5,053 per month. Nursing home rooms are the priciest option. Semiprivate rooms cost $8,076 per month, and private rooms cost $8,532.

$1614

Home care

$5053

Home health care

$8076

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$8532

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Aurora, Illinois

Free Resources for Seniors in Aurora, Illinois

Aurora’s seniors and their families can turn to the following resources for a wide range of aging-related services. These programs may enable older residents to age at home longer, delaying entry into a nursing home. These services can also help families plan for a smooth transition into a facility once it becomes necessary.

Resource Contact Service
Senior Services Associates (800) 942-1724 Senior Services Associates provides information and coordinates services for individuals 60 years and older. Trained staff can assist with finding housing, including nursing home accommodations. They answer Medicare questions and help with enrollment. This agency also offers care management, friendly visiting, transportation, caregiver support and home repairs to help seniors stay in their homes. The Nursing Home Ombudsman informs long-term care facility residents of their rights and mediates grievances related to care.
DuPage County Senior Services (630) 407-6500 DuPage County Senior Services administers programs that support aging at home for residents ages 60 and over. Seniors can find information and assistance with home health care, emergency response systems, congregate and home-delivered meals and legal aid. This office also facilitates entry into and residence in long-term care communities. The Choices for Care Program features a thorough assessment to determine Medicaid eligibility and placement options.
Will County Senior Services (815) 723-9713 Will County Senior Services supports seniors 60 and older living at home and their caregivers. Upon an interview with a case manager, clients can access housekeeping, home maintenance, meals, transportation, screenings, classes and other appropriate resources. Options counseling is available for seniors and families exploring long-term care service options.