Lutheran Home Arlington Heights, IL

Reviews of Lutheran Home

Assisted Living Reviews for Lutheran Home

July 10, 2012

By 1995hulk

I thought the nurses and staff involved with caring for my grandma were very cordial and professional. The facility was also very clean and well maintained. Throughout the whole process of my grandma's Alzheimer's developing, they were extremely helpful and ensured that she was in the best of care. We had no idea what to expect and they did their best to assuage all of our fears and concerns. However, the management and security officers were very rude and unprofessional from my experiences with them through my mom having worked there and in passing on the way to my grandma's room. They acted as though they were superior to everyone and treated their staff like dogs both behind the scenes and in front of customers - very rudely and tersely. It seemed as if everything was a crises when in reality none of it was. Whether it was a fire alarm going off or a bathroom running out of toilet paper, both were handled with what seemed to be the highest level and stress possible.

March 06, 2012

By Betty8

My father was a resident of this facility for several weeks. The staff and the amenities of Lutheran House were outstanding. His room was very nice, and was kept very clean. There was an atrium with trees and birds that was very lovely, and despite my father having soome cognitive issues, he always talked about the "pretty birds." In addition to the Atrium, there was also some very nice artwork through the facility, and my father appreciated it very much. The food was outstanding, and the residents were frequently taken on trips. My father spoke quite positively about many of the staff members, and I believe that the loveliness of the facility and the high level of care he received gave him a great deal of happiness and helped him maintain a greater level of awareness than he would have had otherwise. I, as well as other family members, appreciate the care that the staff at Lutheran Home showed to my father. In a world where nursing homes are often less than ideal, Lutheran Home stands out as being a very caring and supportive facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for Lutheran Home

February 29, 2016

By Caring relative007

Lutheran Home was very beautiful and the people were professional and kind. The only downside about it was that he didn’t like that they were pretty strict with him having an alarm on his shirt because he wanted to get out more and be more independent, preventing him from walking around versus just sitting down or something. They were very helpful, so I didn’t have any issues with that. They kept him really active with physical and occupational therapy and took him down to the dining room when there were activities going on.

August 27, 2014

By Amy Z

My father has been transfered between the hospital and the Lutheran Home several times over the past 6 months. He has received excellent care. The hospital staff has called the Lutheran Home to compliment them on the care provided as my father's health is quite complicated. While the new rehab facility is beautiful, it is the staff and the cares they provide that matter. Each and every member of his care team - the MD, the RN's, the aides, the Wound Care specialist, the therapists, the dietary aides - all provide caring and competent care.

November 21, 2012

By lovemydad1

The Lutheran Home (main buildings and retirement homes) are beautiful. Had always heard this was a wonderful place for loved ones. Very close to home for our family to have our Dad near by. He had to be admitted as an (after care) patient from a hospital stay. The staff was not overly friendly, the food was gross, and the care wasn't to great either. Our family, (my Dad included), were shocked. My Dad was in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's, not in a wheel chair either. Most of the patients were pushed in front of the nurses station and a tv or video playing in front of them. Many of them had there heads laying down on the table where they were seated. My Dad never ate in the eating area with the rest, because it was so creepy. While visiting, someone (many) patients would by yelling "help me". It was a little like one flew over the Cuckoos nest. My Dad would look down the hall and say "look at all those dead people". He did not stay long, and I have heard they were making changes (I hope).

July 29, 2012

By rosenero

They treat my loved one with care and respect. She is well cared for, and she is happy. The facility is very clean, the staff are wonderful. The overall facility is very nice. I wish that there was a place for family's to dine and/or visit with other residents and their family on the unit.

March 10, 2012

By weme

I had two grandparents live at assisted living one was awful it smelled, the food was awful and she would often complain. This place was absolulty amazing it was very clean and my grandma had her own room.The room was always clean very nice and orginized, she had her own tv and bathroom. The food was great too because she gained weight while she was there unlike my other grandma who lost a lot. There was a lot of chance for her to socoalize with the other residents staying there and she made some new friends.It was a little more expensive but it was so much more worth it. The staff treated her great she would compliment them often. The grounds were also great beutiful to wheel her around and go on walks with. Overall a great place I was very impressed and greatfull that she got to spend her days in a much better place .

July 28, 2011

By ernaburger

My husband (AD)went to the "cherished Place" it is a day care facility- well run and financially do able. Services are from 7am to 6pm They are very well staffed, with Doctor and nurses on site, if needed they also suppy transportation for a fee Inclusive to their fee are meals (lunch, snacks) activities and outings My husband went once a week for three months, but he was uncoopertive so I stopped taking him. Might try again as disease progresses.

About Lutheran Home

When an illness, injury, joint replacement or hospital stay sidelines you, Lutheran Home's rehabilitation and return-to-wellness program on campus—MyRehab—is available to help speed your recovery. Services include physical and occupational therapy, speech, respiratory and lymphedema therapy and other rehabilitation services, all supervised by highly skilled health professionals and therapists.

Map of Lutheran Home