The Chelsea at Fanwood

Reviews of The Chelsea at Fanwood

Assisted Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Fanwood

October 03, 2013

By SB100465

Clean and small facility. Not too many things going on. Not a lot of activities for the residents. Overcharge on level care. Not enough staff in the building. Staff are nice to residents that don' t give them too much work to do. Residents got tired of voicing out concerns as they were never resolved.

September 26, 2013

By Sandy23

I chose Chelsea at Fanwood for my uncle because it was very clean and it's in the middle of the town. The people who are living there are friendly. The people working there made him feel comfortable. The food is just excellent.

June 12, 2013

By Nancy62978150

My mom is in The Chelsea at Fanwood for two and a half months and she seems to be doing okay there. It is a very well-kept, very clean, and very beautiful facility. The facility itself is safe and organized. With regard to the staff, so far I've been happy with them. They keep us informed with regard to my mother. There are more interactions with other residents not just with the caretaker and my mother likes this. They have three or four activities a day. Sometimes entertainers would come in and sometimes they would play bingo. Every morning they would have exercise time.

May 14, 2012

I visited this facility and i have seen that the environment is extremely nice. It's very clean and they're very helpful. They have a good staff which are highly-trained people. I chose this facility because of approximity and convenience, and aside from that, I've seen that they were attentive to the people there so i know my mom will be happy there.

January 20, 2012

By TheChelsReviewer

Hurricane Irene brought us to The Chelsea Fanwood. My grandmother's house was condemned following the hurricane's wrath, and we could only house her for so long. The week following Irene, we researched assisted living facilities as a family and took tours of three facilities within twenty minutes of our home. The Chelsea stood out not only for its proximity, but because of its extremely kind and professional staff and amazingly landscaped grounds. Driving up to The Chelsea, one would never know it is an assisted living facility. It appears to be a lavish hotel from the outside, and the inside does not disappoint! Upon walking in the foyer, tenants and guests are greeted by a lovely receptionist that will direct you to where you need to go. To your left, an open area with large windows overlooking the entrance and gardens and a 24/7 coffee stand. To your right, another open room with a huge flat screen television for movie-watching and several tables for games and other activities held by the staff of The Chelsea. Upon hearing my grandmother's story, the staff was quick to help us. In ONE short week, they furnished two rooms on the same floor for my uncle and grandmother and welcomed them with open arms. Each room came equipped with a sink and microwave, bed, dresser, television and private bathroom. Several staff members approached me and my dad asking if we needed assistance moving the few items we were able to rescue from the house. My grandmother and uncle were whisked away to a catered lunch (3 course meals for lunch and dinner!). Later that evening and continuing to this day, the staff offers many events from trips to movies and game nights in which all tenants can participate. The transition was relatively easy on them due to these activities and the kindness of the staff. I highly recommend The Chelsea Fanwood. It is an opulent facility for all types of seniors.

Costs for The Chelsea at Fanwood

Photos of The Chelsea at Fanwood

Services and Amenities of The Chelsea at Fanwood

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 90A000

About The Chelsea at Fanwood

Located in Fanwood, New Jersey, The Chelsea At Fanwood is the perfect blend of small town charm with all the amenities and services you desire. We offer personalized Assisted Living and Independent Living in charming studio, one and two bedroom apartments. Our Assisted Living residents enjoy just the right amount of assistance with activities of daily living to remain independent. Those residents who need no assistance choose our Independent Living option, which provides beautiful, modern apartments in various configurations including the exclusive Lofts At Chelsea, two-bedroom suites located just across the street from the main residence.

Residents enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in a setting which includes a tea room, library, card room, lounges and an outdoor garden with walking paths and a gazebo. Our elegant private dining room is perfect for family celebrations. A welcome town center is just a short walk from our front door, offering shopping and services for our residents as they live each day to the fullest. The Chelsea at Fanwood provides a safe and caring environment all while encouraging residents to lead a fulfilling and active lifestyle.

Features & Amenities

• 24-hour professional trained staff
  • Full-time registered nurse (RN)
  • Health and wellness program
  • Daily scheduled activities
  • Scheduled transportation to shopping, local attractions, events, and more
  • 24-hour emergency response system
  • On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy
  • Assisted living and independent living suites
  • Restaurant-style dining room with delicious, nutritious menu choices
  • Private dining room for family meals and special events
  • Tea room
  • Well-stocked library with Internet access
  • Card room/Library
  • Comfortable lounges on each floor
  • Beauty/barber salon
  • Outdoor garden with walking paths and gazebo
  • Walking distance to public transportation, shopping, and dining
  • Specialized 24-hour care for those with memory care needs

Our comfortable family-like environment feels like home from the moment you enter our community. We are located in town, not on a busy highway or in an industrial area.

Map of The Chelsea at Fanwood