White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

Reviews of White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

March 21, 2013

By Lynda4

We took my dad for a long term care at The Groves, because my mom doesn't want anyone coming to their home. He was well take care of and I was very pleased. The rooms were well kept. But the only problem is that he doesn't have access to going outside because it is a high rise building. He doesn't have any problem with the food but the place has minimal activities for him.

Independent Living Reviews for White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

June 20, 2018

By Daughter of beloved Mom

My mother has been a patient at The Groves for over 4 years now. Recently she was attacked by a male patient in the "lock down" unit on the 2nd floor of the Rosewood Long-term Care building. I have requested that the man who attacked her be moved elsewhere at The Groves, and out of the unit where my Mom is trying to live out the rest of her life. The Groves has not moved this man. He is still occupying a room just down the hall from my mother. Although I believe the nursing staff on the floor are genuinely fond of my mother, the administrators have told me they have to "consider what is best for the other person as well as what is best for my mother." If I had POA, I would move my mother from this ungodly situation. The administrators do not care about the patients.

April 30, 2018

By Valorie

It is a new and very nice facility. It's a campus so people of the same health issues are in one building and people of a different health issue are in another building. The prices were pretty high. The grounds are very well-groomed and had plenty of parking and handicap spaces.

November 21, 2016

By Jessie675611

We have our relative at The Groves. After our initial tour, we are satisfied with the accommodations, and we made arrangements for her to become a resident there. They offer several activities. They have game rooms and a commune type TV room where they show movies. They have bingo and jigsaw puzzles. They have occasional outings. She gets 3 meals a day -- breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have transportation for doctor’s appointments or whatever appointments you may have. They provide daily cleaning of the room and once a week laundry service for the residents.

July 31, 2016

By Garry208184

The Groves had full continuum of care. The grounds were large, campus-style, and the building that my parents would be in was all on one floor. If mother does have to go to memory care, the continuum of care was adjoining the assisted living, which would allow my father to visit my mother without any interruption or trouble so that was nice.

February 02, 2016

By 2sad

The Groves has been taken over by Rosewood Health and Rehab. When we first moved my Mother into the Groves with Alzheimers, she was well cared for. She paid a portion of her care (about $56/day) and Medicare paid the rest.. . When Rosewood took over, care gradually began to diminish- still ok, but little by little, the staffing shrank. When she passed away 5 years and $95000.00 (of her portion) later, she did so 6 days into a new month. Her acct. was paid in full up until that point. For the last six days, she ate no food, and lay unresponsive in her bed, attended only by Hospice. Medicare paid her expenses for the six days, and I called and offered to pay the $56/day that she had been paying for 5 years. But suddenly that was not good enough. They sent me a bill for $850.00, because that is "just how we bill". Several phone calls and much frustration later, I accused them of double dipping, attempting to defraud medicare, and trying to profit over my Mothers death. They told me that unless I paid their bogus balance, they would hold all the paintings and pictures I had placed in her room, and not return them to me. The paintings were done by my late father whose hands were ate up with arthritis and painted with love, and are irreplaceable. I just wanted everyone to know what kind of place the Christian Groves has turned into. Beware! As I've incurred unforseen expenses with her burial, I cannot afford to give them 850.00, so I guess I will never get my property back.

December 29, 2015

By MH4

My in-laws were happy living at The Groves. The staff were all very pleasant. I’ve stayed there several times. They had a 2-bedroom apartment with a balcony that’s glassed in. They had a storage room and laundering facilities in the basement that they can use free of charge. They had a dining hall across the street, which they access through a tunnel, so they didn’t have to go out in the weather. They had a library and a place where they could use the computer. The food was quite good. They tried to give well-balanced meals, and they had a choice of what they wanted to eat. They had exercise classes, crafts to do, a swimming pool, bingo and card games, a movie once a week, and they hold church services in the building. They had a van to take them to doctor’s appointments and to the grocery once a week. Once every two weeks, they would take them to Walmart. They would take anybody who wanted to go out to dinner, but they’d have to pay extra. They also have housekeeping services once every two weeks. And once a year, they get their carpet shampooed. It’s an older building, so it’s not as beautiful as some of the newer ones, but they had everything they wanted.

February 21, 2015

The visit at The Groves was OK. It was a little bit sad because the people there have bodies that may be giving way, but they still know a lot of stuff. The staff does a lot better than the one I used to work at. The workers there used to abuse the patients. They don't do that here at the Groves. They like to read and have games and stuff like that. They also like to talk. I didn't eat there because I don't live too far. The place is really clean, and it is pretty nice.

November 21, 2014

By keb1990

If you can find another place for your loved one do so. The only reason I give it two stars was because its better then most in the area. My mom who has MS is there and has many UITS and has been in ICU due to them not caring for urinary catheter. As of Nov of 2014 they had Roaches . The place may look clean and the stuff may come off as nice but do not trust it. Since I'm there most of the time I'm able to see what they are really like.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82054450

It seemed real nice. I met one of the staff who was very friendly and gracious. The facility seemed very clean.

Memory Care Reviews for White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

Questions about White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The residents who reside at White Oak are high functioning & friendly. Our average age population is over 73, we cater to seniors and are lucky to have some centenarian's that call White Oak home. Most residents eat their meals in the dining room together and have formed friendships. Residents here enjoy playing bingo, attending spiritual activities, and visiting with family and friends. Many of our residents use walkers, wheelchairs, and canes. You will also see residents who need to wear oxygen. We also assist our residents with personal cares if needed

What places are near White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Harry S Truman National Historic Site is a 19 min walk and is 1.0 mi away from the community, The Highway 24 Shopping Center is a 16 min walk and is 0.9 mi away from the community. Residents are just 20 minuets away from downtown Kansas City.

What transportation services does White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community offer to assisted living residents?

We are able to provide assisted living residents with transportation on our handicap accessible van. It is a $25.00 per trip fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer restaurant style dining. Most of our residents enjoy eating in the dining room and describe the food as simple, but comforting and fresh.

What safety features or security measures does White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community offer to assisted living residents?

Secured entry, 24/7 security cameras in common areas/hallways/entry ways. Drug testing and through background check performed on all staff and volunteers. We also COVID screen all residents, staff, vendors, and visitors prior to entry.

If White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do not allow pets in our Assisted Living Community at this time.

What safety features or security measures does White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community provide to protect residents who wander?

Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to accommodate residents who wander or require a secured memory care community.

Costs for White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

Photos of White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

Services and Amenities of White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $500 Independent Living; $1,000 Assisted Living

• Coffee Shop

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community

The Groves Senior Living is a senior living provider in Independence, Missouri that offers residents Independent Living, Assisted Living, Nursing Home and Memory Care. Contact The Groves Senior Living for more personalized details on services and rates.

The Groves Senior Living understands making the decision to leave your home can be emotional and challenging but the dedicated staff is confident that you will quickly find you are able to keep your independence with 24-hour assistance tailored to your personal needs.

Map of White Oaks at The Groves Senior Living Community