The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

Reviews of The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

July 02, 2016

By Patricia182156

I didn't like The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor at all. I wouldn't put my mother there. The setup in the building was very bad. All of the residents were forced to leave their rooms at a certain time, and so they all congregate in the halls. They don't separate the Alzheimer's patients from the non-Alzheimer's patients. The staff seemed attentive. The room that I saw was pretty small. It should have a big window, but the closet was pretty big, and the bathroom was fine.

June 28, 2015

By Andy11

I got mom in The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor. They’ve been great over there; she really likes it. They would accept the Medicare waiver once mom’s money runs out. It’s nice and friendly. There are plenty of people there for her to talk to. It’s a little small, but there is a place in the back that she can go out and visit. They have all kinds of activities. Once a month, they take her out somewhere; they have trips. One of the problems we had was that we couldn’t get her to eat and now, and she’s eating a lot better; she likes the food. I liked The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor the best.

December 12, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think that The Haworth Center Assisted Living in Farmington Hills, Michigan is an excellent choice for placement for someone who prefers to live independently and who is looking for an apartment for themselves, a friend or a family member. The Haworth is a contemporary homey like atmosphere and environment. Their services are tailored fit to meet each and every individuals needs. They also encourage their residents to stay at their maximum independence that is possible for them. The residents apartments are designed for easy assess for the residents to get to dining room and other areas of the apartment building. They offer their residents an array of services and amenities they provide activities, recreational services, library, beauty/barber shops. The residents’ suites are designed with their own furniture and decorations allowing them to feel more like they are at their own homes. Their chef prepares their residents three savory nutritional meals on a daily basis. Their residents are served in a beautifully decorated Homey dining room setting. Family members and friends are welcome to eat any meals with their loved ones as well. In general, I would rank this facility on a five stars rating for their excellence and their expertise.

Independent Living Reviews for The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

November 28, 2013

Mom stayed at Baptist Manor for eight years. It was very affordable. It was convenient because my mom was in the independent living and she could visit dad, who was then in the assisted living, every day because they were close to each other. I thought her room was nice. However, she was blind and her toilet overflowed. That upsets her a lot. They needed to update their plumbing. The meals weren't so good too.

September 24, 2013

By Reese2

I checked out one of the apartments at Baptist Manor and it was okay. They offer one or two bedrooms.

August 29, 2013

By Joanna4

The Baptist manor is affordable and we chose this for my dad. My mother lived there for ten years and I'm very happy with it. They can live independently and yet there's somebody there to check on them every day. They have an emergency button which is worn around their neck so they can call for assistance any time. The apartments are of nice size and very clean. My father has a wound that needs to be cared for and a nurse can do that if I can't come over. He had food delivered to him 3 times a day. They need a better activities director though.

May 11, 2013

By Ruthie2

The Baptist Manor was very nice and I loved it. The staff was very nice and courteous. I really enjoyed my visit and would have loved to move in there. It's just that I had a credit problem and had filed for bankruptcy, so I couldn't get in. The best thing about it is that they provide all the services that you need.

April 24, 2013

By Vivian7

I visited Baptist Manor when I was looking for a place for myself. Their staff were very, very friendly and I really enjoyed the place. I enjoyed the setup of the quad where you can walk directly into your home. It has a little porch in the front and an attached garage. Also, if sometimes I didn't want to cook for myself, I can just go to the cafeteria to eat the meals the meals they have there.

May 31, 2012

By caring5303

It was the only one we found with subsidized housing so first of all, my mom can afford it. There she can live in independent living (because she didn't quite need assisted living) but they bring all of her resources to her. She just needed some help with independent living so they bring whatever help she needs to her and her apartment because she cant afford a regular apartment. The place is like a college campus for older people but it still feels like home because the staff there was really sweet. They have like 35 acres of land around them. There's not a single thing mom needs because everything is provided for her there. They have transportation, food delivery, housekeeping if she needs it and whatever her needs are they give her a social worker to talk to about it. Mom said the food is really good. It's like a buffet every night. They just have different things set up for them everyday so she can chose what she like and what she doesn't wanna do. Mom is so happy! I'm really contented.

January 17, 2012

By Social Worker # 1

I think Baptist Manor of Farmington Hills, Michigan is an excellent choice for placement for someone who prefers to live independently and who is looking for an apartment for themselves, a friend or a family member to live in. The Baptist Manor is a faith based non profit senior living community apartment complex. The common areas are on a 35 acres campus in Farmington Hills, Mi and it is simply gorgeous and it is beautifully coordinated in a wooded cul-de-sac neighborhood. The surrounding neighborhood is beautifully landscaped and is coordinated and tailored with perfection. The senior community is in a 0% crime rate neighborhood. I could almost smell the pine trees they are so beautiful this time of the year. The residents love it there and they enjoy spending time interacting with one another there also. They offer their residents an array of supportive services and amenities there. There community there is for seniors 62 and older, but they will accept underage residents with mobility and they are given a specialty designed assessable apartment. They also offer affordable rent based on the individuals income and all utilities are included in the residents' rent also. 3 savory nutritional meals, housekeeping, laundry services, personal care available, and pets are also welcomed. They also provide 24/7 staff on site in each building for the residents' everyday needs. In general, I would rank this facility a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise in seniors affordable living lifestyle.

Memory Care Reviews for The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

Questions about The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Haworth Center is a licensed Home for the Aged with 59 bed capacity. Average age late 80s. Accommodating those who are 55 years of age and older.

What programs or activities does The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Celebrate Monthly Birthdays with party and live music. Holidays with entertainment, family picnic, Resident Council Meetings. Assisted Living Week with special events throughout the week. Cooking Club, Fancy Fingers. Chair Exercise. Bingo. Outdoor Activities. Bible Studies. Afternoon Movies.Music Therapy. Gardening. Wii Bowling. Name that Tune. Reminiscing. Card Club.

What transportation services does The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor offer to assisted living residents?

Thursday the transportation bus for The Baptist Manor is reserved for the Haworth Center. This allows for the residents to get out into the community. Each month a special trip is scheduled. Lunch trips, 'A Day at the Park,' Musical events at local parks or churches, and we can't forget to visit the local shops. Extra help is always along for the adventure.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Haworth Center provides a menu of choices to each resident. The menu is healthy and delicious. We understand that meals are a very important part of our resident's daily life. Meals are served restaurant style and friends and family are always welcome. Most diets can be accommodated and fresh fruit is available at all meals.

What safety features or security measures does The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor offer to assisted living residents?

Pull-cords are located in each bathroom and side of bed. Emergency or help is just a push away with the new wrist bands alert bracelets.

How does The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Every Wednesday Care Conferences are held. The resident, family member or friend of their choosing, director of operations, nurse, activities director and physician, are all a part of the conference. We invite physicians or family members to join us through conference calls if they can not make it into the facility. Families are informed on a daily bases if necessary. The director of operations is always available to hear any concerns.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff is 24/7. Day and afternoon staff to resident ratio is 1/6 to 1/8 depending on vacancies. Midnight is 1/3 to 1/4.

What safety features or security measures does The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor provide to protect residents who wander?

All doors are alarmed.

What programs or activities does The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Celebrate Monthly Birthdays with party and live music. Holidays with entertainment, family picnic, Assisted Living Week with special events throughout the week. Cooking Club, Fancy Fingers. Chair Exercise. Bingo. Outdoor Activities. Bible Studies. Afternoon Movies. Wii bowling. Name that Tune. Reminiscing. So much more, there is something for each individual.

Assessing the resident's health and cognitive functioning is done with team work. Caregivers are the first to notice any changes and documented for nurse and physician to check. More critical concerns are addressed immediately.

Describe the neighborhood around The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Haworth Center is located on the campus of The Baptist Manor in Farmington Hills, MI. The campus is 35 acre wooded campus minutes away from major highways. Our campus features paved walking paths for relaxing strolls. The Haworth Center features a large, secured courtyard with convenient area for gardening activities, a walking path and spacious patio with seating and available grill. Our secured front patio supplies seating areas for a more private visit.

Costs for The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

Photos of The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

Services and Amenities of The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

• Companion Suites: Yes

• State Licenses: AH630236793

About The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor

The Haworth Assisted Living Center offers an intimate, home-like atmosphere where residents are treated with dignity and respect. The foundation of our commitment at the Haworth Center is predicated on the belief that services should be tailored to meet each individual's need.

We also believe that each resident should be allowed choices in planning their care which encourages independence and insures a dignified aging experience.

Our Suites are well appointed and designed for easy access to the dining room, library, activities room, and beauty salon.

Map of The Haworth Center at Baptist Manor