Waltonwood at Cherry Hill

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

42600 Cherry Hill Rd, Canton, MI 48187
Waltonwood at Cherry Hill (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Waltonwood at Cherry Hill

Assisted Living Reviews for Waltonwood at Cherry Hill

June 30, 2015

By Caring21934750

Waltonwood was very beautiful; I could have seen my mother fitting into that community quite well. It was very clean and it was a beautiful facility, it really reminded you of a home as it has a very homey feel. It was very modern and I love the apartments. It has a lot of activities, the staff was all very pleasant and we were given cherry pie and it was very good. The dining area was very well lit and it has an open seating. They weren’t confined with one partner every day, they can make friends and they can move around and I like that aspect.

February 24, 2015

The name of the facility is Waltonwood at Cherry Hill. We chose it because it is a nice community, and it had a homey feel. It didn't feel like you were put in a situation where you were put in a basement with a 'People who couldn’t help themselves' sign. They have activities all day long, and the staff is friendly. My husband has only been here since December, and so far, this is the best month. The rooms are nice. They got furniture in it. It has a closet, private bath, bed, and dressers. I would do like to see more nursing staff here in case someone gets sick. They do have a doctor here on staff, but he comes in once a week.

January 24, 2015

By Edward21

Waltonwood at Cherry Hill is excellent. The staff was nice. They seem like they really have things together. I don't know a whole lot about the staff there, but they seem very helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious, but they are a little more expensive. The dining room is nice. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

December 16, 2014

Waltonwood was so expensive. The staff was very pleasant. That is the one place where the woman tried her hardest to make sure that I went there. She was really selling the place. The room was nice, but I didn't think it was safe for my father because he needed greater supervision. The dining area was very nice. They had a lot of activities. The place was very well maintained; however, it wasn't diverse enough for me. For a father with dementia, you want a little more familiarity as he would be the only black person there.

December 01, 2014

By Lisa27193950

Currently we are using Waltonwood for my dad. It is clean, and the atmosphere is good. The staff treats my dad very good. They have a good staff, and they seem to be trained well. He has his own apartment that is a studio style. It has a small kitchen area, and it has no appliances other than a refrigerator. The space is fine. They have a physical coordinator that exercises with the residents every week. They have an activities person that plays games with them like bingo and cards. Every week they go out to lunch. They have activities where they may go to a park or dancing. Their activities person is very good. The food is OK. They have a restaurant style dining room. The best feature is their atmosphere. It is decorated nicely and upscale.

April 11, 2014

By Lisa81895250

Waltonwood was beautiful. I would like to move there, but I have to be 60, so I couldn't live there yet. It was an apartment complex, and they had 10 different floor plans. Anywhere, the smallest apartment was 550 square feet; that's for one bedroom and one bath all the way up to 2,200 square feet, which has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and it was bigger than my house. It has a gorgeous kitchen. The place was huge. It had a movie theater in it. We had dinner there. It was all china and linen, and you have a waitress or waiter wait on you. It was gorgeous. They also had a two-bedroom apartment that was reserved for guests that you could use if you want to visit your parents.

June 22, 2012

By Eve1

Very nice lobby/dining area with tablecloths. Open feeling. Toured the apt. rooms available and very nice. Staff friendly. Entrance way was a bit dark with dark green/wine red color scheme but felt very private which I liked.

November 18, 2011

By sophie2

This is a well-run, beautiful facility. Staff members are attentive, caring and friendly. Health care providers come on-site, so there are no transportation costs for routine care visits. Structured activities in Memory Care are excellent. Communication is prompt. Pricing structure 'reasonable' compared to another facility we had experience with that charged considerably more and provided considerably less care and service in a far more oppressive environment.

Independent Living Reviews for Waltonwood at Cherry Hill

October 23, 2013

By Doris15

The place is so pretty, it is so nice there. They don’t have just a piano, they have a grand piano. Big, beautiful apartments. I am sure because Michael is retarded they didn’t want us there. It was so obvious. One day it was fine, the next they said you can’t live here, and refunded our money. I wouldn’t go there and live there now even if they paid me. I don’t want to live with people like that.

Dear Doris15, I appreciate your feedback relating to your experience at Waltonwood, and am very sorry we were unable to help you. Please call me to discuss the specifics of your situation further at 248-865-1600. I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Linda Rose

Services and Amenities of Waltonwood at Cherry Hill

• Meal Preparation

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Waltonwood at Cherry Hill

Waltonwood at Cherry Hill is a senior living provider in Canton, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care. Contact Waltonwood at Cherry Hill for more details on services and rates.

Map of Waltonwood at Cherry Hill