Landmark at Longwood

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

63 Parker Hill Avenue, Boston, MA 02120
Landmark at Longwood (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 197 days

Half off the one time community fee for any private pay resident signing with us.

Reviews of Landmark at Longwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Landmark at Longwood

September 15, 2016

By Daughter37

Landmark at Longwood seemed like a nursing home that needed renovation. The welcoming staff at the front desk was aloof and disinterested. The windows were old and needed replacements. Everything was dated, and I understand they were about to embark on renovations, so they may have renovated the entire inside since then. The common areas were nothing special. They were clean; everything was clean. Some of the windows did not open, and other places the heat was on but the windows were wide open because they couldn’t control the heat. I only saw them feeding people who needed help in the memory care unit. I saw a list of activities, but didn’t see much happening while I was there -- and that was a mealtime. I think they needed to do their renovation and to work on staff satisfaction because people did not seem happy and engaged.
We are very unhappy to hear your feedback. In fact, we have just finished the first phase of our renovation that included new windows, new landscaping, and a community room renovation. But, there is more to come... It IS hard to look attractive during construction but I can assure you that it will be worth it! The positive feedback we have received already is amazing! Residents and their families, staff and visitors are complimenting on how great the community looks now! We hope you can come back and see the new and improved appearance of Landmark at Longwood!

September 11, 2016

By Justin306115

I toured Landmark. They showed me everything, and it was pleasant. It was efficient, everything seemed to be in order, and the people were clean. They went about their business, and they had their meals there. I had a good impression, but it was not for me. I would recommend it to anybody.
Thank you so much for visiting our community. Our residents and their families are the driving force behind our person-centered care, delicious meals and life enriching programs. We hope you'll come back and reconsider. We are excited for the renovations to be completed that will include a newly designed lobby featuring comfortable gathering areas and a cafe. The gathering room on the second floor will also be remodeled and will feature a modern and upscale design pallet with traditional Bostonian colors and furniture. The courtyard is almost completely remodeled and will be ready soon for a cookout. Please come back in October as we roll out the red carpet and celebrate the grand reopening of this beautiful senior living community.

July 27, 2016

By SBcare

Landmark at Longwood is nice. I liked it a lot, but it was assisted living, and my father needs 24-hour nursing care. The rooms and staff were very nice. The dining area seemed pretty nice. It just seemed very clean and had very attractive interiors. They had a courtyard for sitting.

June 11, 2016

By Pam715457

I visited Landmark at Longwood. I went into one room where the television was on and everybody was in coats because the room was too cold; I didn't think that was appropriate. There was a smell, which I didn't like. Everyone was nice, which was very reassuring, but I didn't see the residents interacting too much. There wasn't much laughter. I saw them having dinner, and they were just sitting at the table and nobody was talking. I knew it wouldn't be a very good place for my mother-in-law.

May 10, 2016

By TaraMQHYM

We visited Landmark at Longwood. My mom liked everybody that was there and a lot of their programs. It would be a very good change from her present circumstances, but I think she was a little hesitant. Longwood was a former dormitory so the rooms were small for my mother. She has a large two-bedroom now, so it will be a big change for her. The atmosphere was fine, and everyone was very gracious, but the rooms were small.

April 25, 2016

By Caring Daughter124099350

Landmark at Longwood was probably one of the oldest I saw because all of the buildings were very old with old windows and not updated. But they were reasonable for your laymen working-class people, and I thought, "I could see my mother’s money lasting a little longer." It was convenient for the location. However, they don’t have parking. The area is a busy area around a hospital, so it was hard to park. That’s important when you want to visit your loved one; you don’t want to spend 30 minutes looking for parking.

Thank you so much for visiting our community! Yes, the building truly is a Landmark and possesses much character and history. We are excited to announce that we are beginning to remodel and update much of Landmark at Longwood's interior and exterior. The remodel and update will enhance our residents' growing and changing needs as well as modernize the community, while maintaining the historical aspects and genuine Boston feel. The project began in April and is expected to be completed in September. While we do offer free parking to all our residents and families, due to the construction, you may have experienced a difficulty to park - our apologies.

Independent Living Reviews for Landmark at Longwood

Questions about Landmark at Longwood

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Landmark staff and management are fully trained and equipped on national and statewide standards for both memory care and assisted living regulations. Recurring employee performance evaluations also incorporate resident feedback to ensure optimal quality.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Landmark at Longwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

On average, the majority of our residents are roughly 75 - 85 years old, though we have seen an increase in residents aged 55 to 65. Longwood residents love to socialize, and with a beautiful courtyard and newly renovated facilities, there’s more reasons than ever to enjoy company.

What programs or activities does Landmark at Longwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Landmark offers multiple programs, including physical therapy, speech therapy, onsite beauty and barbershops, a recreational piano room, a party space for events, tv room, and fully stocked library. No matter the need, Longwood is prepped to make your stay feel like home.

What transportation services does Landmark at Longwood offer to assisted living residents?

Landmark offers bus rides for residents to get anywhere they need to go, from downtown Boston to the beach.

What makes the chef or dining program at Landmark at Longwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents can expect a fully stocked menu that offers tasty meals and a variety of flavors. Nutritional guidelines are based on USDA outlines and ensure that our residents get the vitamins and nutrients they need.

What safety features or security measures does Landmark at Longwood offer to assisted living residents?

Landmark at Longwood is monitored by a 24/7 security team and contains video camera feeds across the property to ensure that residents do not wander away.

How does Landmark at Longwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Landmark resident outreach specialists are constantly kept up to date on how our residents are doing. If an issue arises, we’ll make sure to reach out to inform families. Otherwise, we are available 24/7 from our general contact line.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Landmark at Longwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The nearby downtown area and beaches offer plenty of areas for residents and family members to relax and unwind. You’re never more than a stone's throw from visiting a historical site and museum near Landmark.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Landmark at Longwood has organized?

Look out for our Holiday Bazaar, which features Handmade Christmas ornaments, homemade baked goods, Christmas items, Raffles and more!

What transportation services does Landmark at Longwood offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Landmark at Longwood exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas available for independent living residents include indoor common physical therapy areas, a variety of spacious dining room options that also include private dining rooms, a recreational piano room, library, and an onsite beauty salon and barber shop.

What safety features or security measures does Landmark at Longwood offer to independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Landmark at Longwood provide to protect residents who wander?

What programs or activities does Landmark at Longwood offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Licensed staff perform continual assessments and create reports on resident well being and cognitive function.

How does Landmark at Longwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Costs for Landmark at Longwood

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

About Landmark at Longwood

Landmark is an ideal retirement home for anyone seeking assisted living and memory care services in a spectacular location at an affordable rate. We are nestled atop a scenic hill within the New England Baptist Medical Campus, offering beautiful views of downtown and quick access to historical and cultural hubs. We also offer:

• Indoor common physical therapy areas
  • Variety of spacious dining room options that also include private dining rooms
  • Speech therapy and occupational therapy areas
  • An onsite beauty salon and barber shop
  • A newly renovated wing boasting spectacular amenities

With our caring staff and close proximity, Landmark truly offers residents the heart of Boston and the comfort of home.

Map of Landmark at Longwood