BestCare Assisted Living I

BestCare Assisted Living I (800) 385-2527

Reviews of BestCare Assisted Living I

Assisted Living Reviews for BestCare Assisted Living I

Questions about BestCare Assisted Living I

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at BestCare Assisted Living I. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Bestcare Assisted Living at 639 Main Street caters to all levels of care, with a focus on the elderly and those with memory or dementia concerns, and has fully licensed staff on site 24x7 to ensure the well-being of our clients.

What programs or activities does BestCare Assisted Living I offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our activities coordinator is on site two days per week to run activities such as reading groups, bingo, arts and crafts, and other seasonal activities. We have an art therapist who engages our residents in art-specific activities twice a month. Residents have the option to attend adult daycare in the area, and transportation is provided to and from the local senior center on Fridays.

What transportation services does BestCare Assisted Living I offer to assisted living residents?

Bestcare Assisted Living operates a private van for residents to attend group sessions, and our resident nurse transports residents as needed in a private vehicle to and from medical appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at BestCare Assisted Living I exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our menus are created by licensed dieticians to ensure the nutritional needs of all of our clients are met while keeping the menu fresh and flavorful. Our lunches are provided by a local caterer to ensure our staff can attend directly to the needs of our clients. Seasonal and holiday meals include Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, as well as summer cookouts/BBQs. Sunday dinners are prepared on site with our experienced cooks, and typically include roasts, pastas, or other traditional American dinners.

What safety features or security measures does BestCare Assisted Living I offer to assisted living residents?

Bestcare Assisted Living at 639 Main Street is a locked and alarmed facility to ensure the safety of our clients, and to manage our dementia and wandering clients. We also have an advanced call center system which includes pagers for clients, fall mats, and pressure sensors to alert our staff of any issues.

How does BestCare Assisted Living I keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are a small hands-on facility, and our staff and owners are available to the families as needed.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at BestCare Assisted Living I during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have 2-3 licensed staff on site during the day and evening, with one individual working the night shift for a 15 bed facility.

If BestCare Assisted Living I accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Bestcare does not allow personal pets, but Pets on Wheels visits the facility regularly to engage with our clients.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff members have MT or CNA licensure, and as a regulated facility, they receive all necessary training annually to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients.

Costs for BestCare Assisted Living I

Photos of BestCare Assisted Living I

Services and Amenities of BestCare Assisted Living I

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 03AL0963-F

• About BestCare Assisted Living I

BestCare Assisted Living takes pride in providing the highest caliber of professionals to ensure residents enjoy luxury living at it's best. The staff includes Licensed Nurses with on-call coverage 24 hours a day -- 7 days per week. Monday through Friday, during the daytime hours, there is a Registered Nurse on the premises or on call.

• 15 Bed Pampering Bed/Breakfast Atmosphere!!
    • Catering to all care levels
    • Wheelchair accessible and full size elevator
    • Personal Care (medical and non-medical)
    • Owned and operated by a Registered Nurse
    • Transportation to and from medical appointments
    • We care for hospice patients, also

All of the resident care assistants, that provide direct care to the residents, are trained to assist with activities of daily living, are American Red Cross CPR trained, First Aid trained, and certified with the Maryland Board Of Nursing.

We maintain a resident to staff ratio 7 to 1 during the day and have awake staff during sleeping hours. We also provide delicious homestyle meals, activities, housekeeping, medication ordering and administration.

We have an Activities Coordinator visit 3 times per week, an Art Therapist come every week. A medical doctor, a psychiatrist and a podiatrist all make regular visits to our BestCare home.

Map of BestCare Assisted Living I