Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

By Amazing Things

Clean, Smiling, Smelled good, pleasant

September 14, 2017

By Dailywatch

My mother was a resident at this facility. It was a horrible experience for us. I visited often and never the same time of day. I found the staff to be poor. One evening the facility employee ( identification badges not worn or turned with picture face down)offered my mother medications. He did not verify her identity, just said here your medication. He offered her a double dose of medication for high blood pressure, when I questioned him he stated he thinks they increased the dose. I requested that he verify this prior to administratoring it. He left the medication in the room with my mom who had dementia only to return to me and say that thier was no increase dose change and asked if I had given it to her. At the time the medication system they were using was such that it had day, date and time of administration on the medication. So he either did pay any attention or forgot to give the med earlier in the day and decided he play catch-up. I did file a complaint . On yet another occasion , I visited my mom and the medication that was supposedly given to her was in her bed. So they apparently they don't stay at the bedside to insure that patient medication is swallowed. I took pictures of this. My mother had food trays set before her that clearly stated they belong to another patient. I brought my own supplies to clean my mothers room and bathroom which was shared by 4 patients. Feces and urine often left on and in toilet. Housekeeping was not made accountable., it seems . The facility smelled. All an all terrible facility. Don't judge a book by its cover . This facility looks good and modern, but the care is so far from good that it deserved no stars when my mother was there. If place your loved ones their your job will be making sure that they're doing thier job.

May 26, 2017

By jirina

My husband was in this facility in April 2017. Food was good. Service was good, but I have to ask for it. The social worker took care of all paperwork he needed to be admitted to assisted living.

September 30, 2016

By So Sorry

HORRIBLE - I wish my relative never had to go here. NO COMMUNICATION between anyone. My relative died 3 days after leaving here. He came home with 6 bed sores because everyone here is so lazy. Sheets weren't change for days. Never saw anyone clean the room and I was there everyday. Trash cans over flowing No paper towels ever in the bathroom And don't try to get a cup of ice, it takes an act of congress. Don't send your loved one here!.

November 26, 2015

By Timothy2069

My mother was a resident at this place their food is horrible they do not communicate with each other and it is just an all around bad place I would not recommend anybody to go there. I would give them 0 stars if I could

October 18, 2015

By concernedsib

This place is the worst. I would not recommend this facility to even my worst enemy. It deserves no stars. Have to beg for meds, have to beg for diaper changes, very poor attitudes from most. My mother fell while there and they tried to cover it up. Urine smell everywhere. Bathrooms never properly cleaned. State law is that diapers must be checked and or changed every 2 hours. This place went 8 hours and only changed it because we pointed it out. No 2 nurses give the same med's or are on the same med schedule. We were checked in 3 days after she arrived. No one every said how the discharge process was to go so we sat around waiting. I could not wait to get my mother out of that living hell. It should be closed down or at the very least have a whole new staff brought in from the administrator on down.

May 18, 2015

By Feagin

I am a patient here. The food is generally bad. Meat is overlooked and is generally unrecognizable. They have recently shown some improvement by serving apples and bananas with some meals. Medical care is poor with limited chances to see the doctors. One doctors visit consisted of the doctor asking me if I was happy with my medications excuse me what medication for what ailment? General health care is poor. With under paid and overworked health aids in charge. It can be frustrating to get changed with some changes taking over two hours. Reasons: aid is talking with other aids, taking care of dialisis patients, going on one half hour breaks. Communications is poor or non existent. Rooms and roommates are not thought out. My current roommate has dementia and keeps me up all night with his yelling. I hope this exposé from the inside will help. As for me I am considering moving to one of the veterans homes.

May 13, 2015

By Pstars

My children's father (under age 50) is in this facility and it has been a total nightmare. He has some paralysis on his right side and speech impairment due to brain injury. He has fallen more than twice and the staff said "Oh he's ok" without accessing him completely, he was complaining about pain. My daughter had to almost threaten to report them before they gave him x-rays, the x-rays came back normal but it was clear he was hurting. He is receiving occupational,speech and physical therapy but we're not seeing a lot of improvement. If he says he doesn't feeli like therapy they just walk away without insisting. He will go hours without being cleaned, diapers remain soiled sometimes till shift changes. I need some referrals for another facility, this place is horrible. 1 star was the lowest rating I was allowed to give.

March 20, 2015

By Joyce107907650

My dad is in Ellicott City Health Care Center because it is the only one that had an opening in the area. Are we pleased with it? No. The care by the nurses and the technicians are awesome. The administration? it was 2 1/2 weeks before the admission doctors contacted us. We never have the meeting of the doctors, the nurses, the physical therapist, nothing. I have requested and I lodged a complaint. Every time someone calls me, they have a different story on where my dad is going or what is happening. It is like there is no record transfer. It is almost laughable, the way the things have gone. The rooms are typical. They are similar to the hospital rooms. The same bed, nightstand, closet areas, and sharing the bathroom with others. The nurse and technicians that he has because my father had dementia, they are awesome with him. They have gone above and beyond with the care and just fooling around with him and just keeping him going with the way his mind is working. He enjoys the food there much better of course than in the hospital. We are there when the meals come. To me it is basic things and nothing extra special. The only thing that they have to keep him active is the physical therapy. There is no exercise room, no TV room, no community room, no dining room -- nothing. The nurses are great, but with the overall facility and the other the staff, it has been a nightmare. For instance, we were there last Monday, and the speech therapist thinks that my dad's dementia is caused by the surgery and blood on his brain. No; he had dementia prior to that. It is like nobody communicates, and they didn't have information. We are supposed to have a group meeting with the doctors, the nurses, and the physical therapist. I asked for it 3 times -- even writing an email. When we go there and talk to him, he looks as us like he never heard of it. We have never talked to a doctor; however, the nurses are great with him. However, they have very limited information. They have very bad communication.

October 29, 2014

By ThereseRose

My mom is currently staying at this facility. The nurse who usually cares for her is great. The other nurses are rude and disrespectful. And there is definetly lack of communication with the social worker. And the social worker doesn't seem to care about the patients at the facility. He wasen't interested in listening to my moms concerns. And the nurses and CNA's seem overwhelmed. And they leave dirty medical equipment in rooms or bathrooms. It's not really a great place to let you're parent stay at!

October 27, 2014

By FedUpWithNursingHomes

The staff are slow to respond to the residents needs. You have to contact outside assistance to get the management involved in your concerns with family care. The place smells of urine not properly cleaned. Medication is either not given at all or not given on time. If your familiy member leaves due to an emergeny and admitted into the hospital, not ONE staff member will reach out to ensure they are ok. The nurse/patient ratio is HORRIBLE. The Administrator is rude and does not care about the patients but only about filling beds for money. This place is not meant for animals or humans.

August 11, 2014

By Griffiyn

My mother stayed 2weeks in this facility. Communication is a big problem. Responding to patient needs is very slow. Some were very friendly and others had severe attitude problems. The food was great and served warmed but medications were not always given in a timely manner. Physical therapy was excellent.

Services and Amenities of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Ellicott City, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center