Lorien Columbia

Reviews of Lorien Columbia

Nursing Home Reviews for Lorien Columbia

June 11, 2012

By lt1989

The place smelled like urine all day. The food was always cold when she would finally receive it. She wasn't turned as often as her doctor recommended. Most of the staff were pleasant. There weren't many activities for the residents to do during the day other than to stay in their rooms and watch t.v. or to watch it in a common area. I never saw them even roll her in a wheelchair outside, which they were capable of doing. The place was kept relatively clean but I the room individual were the pits. There were used glove left in open trash cans with feces one them. Soiled linen wasn't always put into closed bags. They were often left on the floor until the next day or until a family member took them home to wash.

May 03, 2012

By Ladyinred

Physical therapists are great but that is the ONLY good point on this place. Extreme staff shortage, most nursing aides are uncaring and rude. Patient rooms are virtually never cleaned...floors are filthy, bathrooms smell and not cleaned. Speaking to administration and supervisors doesn't change a thing. Takes a long time get a staff member when call button pressed. Not a place you want to go for rehabilitation which is what my family member was there for. This place has serious issues.

August 04, 2011

By lt07

I've witness many things, right and wrong, while visiting my aunt at this nursing home. The food there smells horrible. Half of the time you tell what it is without reading the receipt. I don't know what it taste like, but my aunt says it doesn't taste very good. The staff there is pretty accommodating. They answer the call lights pretty quickly, bring the food as soon as its brought up from the kitchen, and they try to comply with each residence needs to the best of their ability. The majority of them are pleasant to be around. The facility is relatively clean and neat. One thing I didn't understand was why the CNAs were cleaning the rooms yet they still had janitors on the floor. Another nice thing was that as you enter the facility, they have a cafe for anyone who would like something to eat, drink, or snack on while visiting someone there.

Services and Amenities of Lorien Columbia

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Lorien Columbia

Lorien Columbia is a senior living provider in Columbia, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Lorien Columbia for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lorien Columbia