The Villages at Marion

Reviews of The Villages at Marion

Assisted Living Reviews for The Villages at Marion

November 15, 2015

By Kathy110633750

We visited The Villages at Marion. The apartment was very nice. Everything was quite handy and clean. They had laundry facilities for free. We ate there, and the meals were good with options for people with diabetes. There were a couple of gals that chatted with us who were residents and told us different things about the facility. It had a lot of perks. We were very impressed. It was huge with one side a nursing home and the other side assisted living. We visited the assisted living. For the most part, it was reasonable, and had the circumstances been a little bit different, we would move our relative up there. She was in Kansas and did not really want to leave, and when we checked on the finances, she could not afford it either. They allow small cats, which was good because she had a cat that she could not live without.

June 30, 2015

We really liked The Villages at Marion, but we could not afford it. They had bigger rooms with a fridge and a counter. This had more space.

June 20, 2015

By Jeanie4

I was very impressed with the friendly atmosphere. All areas were very clean We were greeted by Amber. She answered any questions we had. I am anxious to get ready to move into a one room apartment in the fall.

June 18, 2015

I was able to visit the Villages Place, and the man I spoke with and interacted with was extremely helpful. It was an excellent community, I wouldn’t hesitate to put my mother there, and I was impressed with it. The staff was wonderful, and one of the things that I noticed was that if the staff walked to a room that even the residents spoke first to them; to me I just thought that was impressive. I feel like the residents were comfortable with the staff, and I thought the rooms were excellent too; many of them had large windows overlooking kind of a wooded area with a really nice patio space, fireplace, and a lot of things outside, just a really lovely outside area. That was one of the most impressive things I saw. They had a large dining room gathering space; I would think it might accommodate up to 50 people, it was quite large, and yet one of the most impressive things to me was that they had a private dining room that a family could run for a family gathering that would hold up to 12 people, so like if somebody had a family member there, and they wanted to have their private birthday party, they had a really nice formal dining room with a large table and nice sitting around. Just a lovely atmosphere for a family get-together. They have two kitchens; one of those kitchens had a table and chairs setup so if you wanted to just come in from the outside and bring a sandwich or something and eat with a family member you could actually have your own space there too. They had bingo, a lot of religious things, lots of craft things, and music. The aesthetic value of the place really impresses me most. It was just lovely, and there were so many opportunities. They had a large recreation room with a fire place, a lot of furniture, and three or four game tables. It was a glass door locked unit, and they use wrist or leg band guards. The door was coded, and it was so aesthetically pleasing as there were some large windows.

November 03, 2014

By Caring87198150

I picked The Villages as mainly she had to be in memory care, so I had to find a facility with memory care, and then it’s also close to where we live, so those were the main factors. As far as the care goes, I would rate it a 5. The communication is excellent, the only thing is they run their qualified nursing staff pretty well, and there is only probably one registered nurse on staff at the time. Most of the people providing the care are wonderful, but most of them are probably certified nurses’ aides so a lot of times they make a choice because my mother has Parkinson’s and she has fallen four times and probably three of the times she didn’t need to go to the hospital, but they sent her to the hospital and we will every single time at a thousand dollars. I am in close contact with her doctor who is also my family doctor, and he is on the board on two of the assisted living facilities. They are good about contacting me and letting me know, but I am not involved in the decision and they say that that’s their policy to send residents right away if they experience a fall which he said that’s not normal for all facilities, and that’s the only problem; everything else has been really positive. Everybody is wonderful to my mother, and they have been very good about trying to push a little bit more. As far as the day to day care and how happy my mother is, it’s excellent, I couldn’t ask for better care for her. They keep it very clean, and during the time my mom has been a resident there, I have seen them update three of the main areas of the facility with carpet, paint, new tile and stuff like that so they stay on top of upkeeps, and it’s very clean.

July 31, 2013

By Paul C.

I have chosen The Villages at Marion for my dad to stay in because of its proximity to my house. My dad has everything that he needs. He has free cable TV as part of the rent. They have a meal plan and he gets two meals a day, Monday to Friday. They have trips to local stores in the area and grocery stores. They have card tournaments, they have puzzles and a library. My dad likes it a lot.

July 26, 2013

By Jennifer20

We visited The Villages because I have a cousin who's there. The place was nice and I liked it that they repainted the place. The food is okay. But everything is carpeted and I am allergic to formaldehyde so I cannot live in a carpeted place.

Independent Living Reviews for The Villages at Marion

July 21, 2016

By Jeanne716258

We've moved into The Villages at Marion. We chose it because we could afford it, and it looked like it had a lot of activities. I am a little disappointed because there's not that many people here who play cards, which is one of the things I was looking for in a community. The food is very good, and the apartments are fine. They don't have a pool or gym, but they do have books. It was large enough that we could bring our king-sized bed and our big television. The room's bigger than a lot of the others that we saw.

We are so glad you chose to be part of our community and find that apartment meets your needs. We appreciate your feedback regarding our life enrichment programs, Michael our Life Enrichment coordinate will be in touch with you, if he hasn't already and we will see what groups we can get put in place for card playing that would be of interest to you. From time to time we have residents with new interests moving into our community and your feedback helps us make sure we continue to evolve the activities that our community offers. Once again welcome to our community.

September 12, 2014

By Linda94739150

The Villages at Marion was the only place I found that I can afford, and they were OK. They have a stove and a refrigerator in the kitchen, so you can do some of your own cooking. But their prices were higher as far as you have to pay extra for the meals. It was very hard to make contact with their salesperson. We just had a terrible time getting her to call us back. She was nice enough, because I did meet her and she did show me around the place, but then I had some questions. I have a conservator that pays my bills, and she was going to go and look at the place, but we just could not make a connection with them. I don't think it was a matter of not wanting to, but maybe she was too busy, I don't know. I would have thought that since they showed an interest when my girlfriend and I did go and look at things that they would want to crowd me in, so to speak. The place just seemed older and it could use a little updating, maybe. I wasn't particularly depressed with it, but I wasn't impressed either.

Costs for The Villages at Marion

• Hiking Trails

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1 In Memory Care, 12:1 In Al

• Licenses: Iowa Department of Inspection Appeals Assisted Living

About The Villages at Marion

Nestled in a quiet corner of Marion, adjacent to Thomas Park The Villages at Marion offer a peaceful atmosphere for residents.

Village Place, Independent Living Community, provides carefree living, including a variety of meal plans, housekeeping, transportation, social activities and a community of friends.

While at Village Ridge, Assisted Living Community, you will be able to maintain an independent lifestyle with services customized to meet your specific needs and preferences. Assisted Living Services include, medication administration, assistance with activities of daily living, housekeeping, transportation, and more. Our 20 unit memory offers a secure and caring atmosphere for those suffering from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

Map of The Villages at Marion