Virginia Place Merrillville, IN

Reviews of Virginia Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Virginia Place

May 06, 2015

By Robert106438250

It was rather small compared to some of the other homes in Northwest Indiana. It was pleasant on the outside. It was in a large commercial area, but it had nice grounds around it. It wasn't a very large place. What I really liked about it was that they were upfront right away with the cost. It was neat and clean. They had the dining hall and sun porches. They have people that come in and entertain them. They have clubs, and they've got a bus that transports them to outside activities and medical facilities. It seemed comfortable. They had enough employees to handle the amount of people they have.

December 17, 2014

My mother is here. The apartment is very nice. It is spacious enough for her. She has a courtyard view, and she can stand outside and watch the birds. She has her own porch. It is all on one level, so I don't have to worry about a balcony or anything like that. The staff is very nice and very cordial. They work well with me and my mother. They have no pool or gym, but they have activities to keep her busy. I have tried their food. The day I was there I had beef roast, and it was very nice. My mom hasn't complained about the food. Actually, the food is pretty good. They have a very beautiful dining area.

August 31, 2014

My friend here and my visit there is wonderful. The place is clean. The staff is friendly. There isn't anything that they are not able to tell me. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom units. They have a list of activities. The price is average.

Costs for Virginia Place

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

About Virginia Place

Careful planning was put into the design at Virginia Place, a single-story, pet friendly community offering quality assisted living options in a compassionate environment. Our assisted living community in Merrillville, Indiana was built with mobility in mind, providing comfort and accessibility to common areas without the worry of stairs or elevators. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We strive to maintain each resident's independence so they have the opportunity to thrive in mind and body. We offer a variety of entertaining activities like Walking Club, iPad Explore, Bunco and Comedy Club. Plus, getting out for a meal with friends, shopping or entertainment is easy, with I-65 close by. Schedule a visit to explore our senior living community in Merrillville, IN.

Small home like environment and all apartments are on one level.

Map of Virginia Place