Virginia Place Merrillville, IN

Reviews of Virginia Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Virginia Place

January 10, 2017

By Wanda453853

It was OK, but I wasn’t as impressed with it. It looked more like a nursing home than an assisted living. The residents were nice and friendly, but the rates were much higher. It seemed like the community was a little bit older and not as upscale. They were adequate rooms, and they had a community room and a dining room. They did have a garden where you could go out on the patio from each room which was rather nice.

February 29, 2016

By Hilary2

The room was very nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly. They had all different size rooms. The room was like a studio but it was very nice. The dining area was very nice. It was clean. It was more like restaurant-type. The staff told us about the activities. They have the normal like bingo and ice cream social.

January 29, 2016

By Kath8

I visited and everything seemed nice. The rooms seemed average-sized, and clean. From what I saw, the staff was kind. Overall, the visit was fine.

December 15, 2015

By Happy Resident5

My father is currently here. I like the facility. The rooms met our needs. The pricing definitely was the number one pull for me. The sales representative was very attentive and understood the concerns I have regarding my father’s care. I would recommend this community.

October 05, 2015

By Barb33

I loved watching how the staff interacted with the residents. I liked that the front door was locked, and my uncle seemed like he made a connection with the people and even with the residents there right away. They were doing a bible study in one section, and he was interested in what was going on there. He started making himself at home talking with people, so I thought it was really a good place for him. I thought the facility was very clean, and it was just a few blocks from his doctors.

September 30, 2015

By Frederick5

The staff is helpful, and we didn't have any problems with the move-in. They seemed concerned about my dad that he is happy, and we are pretty happy about the experience so far. He has his room on the side of the courtyard -- which is well-landscaped and with nice scenery -- and the door opens right to the courtyard. They have all kinds of activities, anywhere from Bingo to live music and movie nights. The food could be a little better.

September 29, 2015

By Sally35

We went and it was a very nice facility. They were very helpful. They answered all of our questions. We took a tour. They showed us the dining room, the menus, and all the amenities that they offered. We thought my mother-in-law would be comfortable there. However, she was staying at her daughter at this point. I thought the amenities were nice. There was an outside patio area. They had a regular dining room or they could eat in their room. They had an activity area where people could watch movies, play games or play cards or what not. They also offered people where they do day trips, out for shopping or to casinos, and that was excellent as well because she could go out. They also had clergies because church was a big deal for her.

May 06, 2015

By Robert106438250

It was rather small compared to some of the other homes in Northwest Indiana. It was pleasant on the outside. It was in a large commercial area, but it had nice grounds around it. It wasn't a very large place. What I really liked about it was that they were upfront right away with the cost. It was neat and clean. They had the dining hall and sun porches. They have people that come in and entertain them. They have clubs, and they've got a bus that transports them to outside activities and medical facilities. It seemed comfortable. They had enough employees to handle the amount of people they have.

December 17, 2014

My mother is here. The apartment is very nice. It is spacious enough for her. She has a courtyard view, and she can stand outside and watch the birds. She has her own porch. It is all on one level, so I don't have to worry about a balcony or anything like that. The staff is very nice and very cordial. They work well with me and my mother. They have no pool or gym, but they have activities to keep her busy. I have tried their food. The day I was there I had beef roast, and it was very nice. My mom hasn't complained about the food. Actually, the food is pretty good. They have a very beautiful dining area.

August 31, 2014

My friend here and my visit there is wonderful. The place is clean. The staff is friendly. There isn't anything that they are not able to tell me. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom units. They have a list of activities. The price is average.

Costs for Virginia Place

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

About Virginia Place

Careful planning was put into the design at Virginia Place, a single-story, pet friendly community offering quality assisted living options in a compassionate environment. Our assisted living community in Merrillville, Indiana was built with mobility in mind, providing comfort and accessibility to common areas without the worry of stairs or elevators. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We strive to maintain each resident's independence so they have the opportunity to thrive in mind and body. We offer a variety of entertaining activities like Walking Club, iPad Explore, Bunco and Comedy Club. Plus, getting out for a meal with friends, shopping or entertainment is easy, with I-65 close by. Schedule a visit to explore our senior living community in Merrillville, IN.

Small home like environment and all apartments are on one level.

Map of Virginia Place