Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

Reviews of Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

March 30, 2017

By SS224423

We saw the memory care of Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe. We didn’t see any residents and the director said they were probably sleeping. He took us to a room which was too cold that none of us could stay in that room; we had to go out. We also didn’t like that everything is dark brown or in dark tones. All the places were dark; they looked like dungeons. The independent living and the assisted living were beautiful. They were bright and cheerful.

December 16, 2016

By Elaine223210

Aston Gardens was a top-of-the-line place. We did not eat there, but I talked to some of the residents who said the food was wonderful. Their facilities were all at the top level. The personnel was very good, well-informed about their place, and presented it all very well. I saw more going on at Aston Gardens than in some of the others. The card room had all four tables filled with different groups playing different games. There was a group out in the pool exercising, and someone was in the weight room.

October 21, 2016

By Dan781026

Overall, I'm happy with the whole place and people at Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe. It's working out very well for my wife who at first was not used to such a big place with that many buildings. She's happy with the meals and where she lives.

July 27, 2016

By Geraldine146745

Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe was a really large, beautiful facility. It's just perfect. The food was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They had a pool and Jacuzzi.

By Pauline8

As a nine year resident of Aston Gardens, I feel qualified to say that it is like a top notch cruise ship with excellent services in every department. I am a very happy passenger!

By Mary98232450

I made a good choice coming here at Aston Gardens. They have so many good things to offer. I even gave up my car-buses shopping and appointments to doctors. We have nurses on premises and a doctor during Fridays. We also have lots of activities like dancing, games, cards, theaters, and trips. There is always something for everyone. The place is great!

By Jo Ann5

Lifestyle here at Aston Gardens exceeds my expectations. I am pleased with things such as good meals, excellent healthcare professionals, various social activities, good housekeeper, 8 exercise classes per week, a helpful and knowledgable concierge desk, good security, and a well maintained landscaping.

By Mark & Terry

It would be difficult to overstate the excellence of the services we have received her in Aston Gardens. Their food service is superior. The housekeeping is outstanding and the maintenance is exceptional. They have effecient transportation. To add onn, they also have a friendly, helpful, and thoughtful staff.

By Marion15

Aston Gardens' location is very convenient and is near stores. They have a nice selection in terms of accomodations. The residents are busy all the time. We have arranged trips which we have a lot to choose from. The transportation is from our door and back home again. Meal time is always a pleasant experience. We have varied menu to choose from. Plus, home made cookies for everyone. For 3 years in living here, I have had fun and have made many friends. Indeed, it is a home.

By Dan & Mickey

From our first day at Aston Gardens, we knew that it was the right place for us. It's like being on a cruise with elegant dining, a pleasant and ready to help staff, activities, and amenities. We are very happy to be on board!

February 28, 2014

Gardens of Venice is beautiful and brand new. It's just absolutely excellent. We couldn't have found a better place for my sister. So far the staff is very nice, very good, competent, and very friendly. We have had lunch and dinner several times there. The food was outstanding. They have all sorts of activities, from movies, to trips, to bingo, they offer everything there. My sister does not want to participate in a lot, because she has language problem. But she's fine.

June 17, 2013

By Sandra27

We chose Aston Gardens for my in-laws because she was comfortable in that territory and it sounded like a nice place for them. The apartments are nice and spacious and it's very clean. They're living on their own but they go down to eat at a very nice restaurant there. I liked the part that they put new carpet in and repainted everything so it looked brand new when my in-laws moved in.

March 29, 2013

By AlanH1

My visit to the Aston Gardens was very positive. It looked like it was a very well-known organization, it's very clean, and it seems like the people were active in that community. The staff was very accommodating and I saw nothing negative at the facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

March 27, 2016

By visitor122187750

Aston Gardens had several buildings all apart from but close to the common building. We had an OK but not outstanding lunch. They had a wonderful, large pool in an area that was not busy. The staff who showed us around explained the various programs and showed us the activity rooms. We saw art and exercise rooms, which were pretty similar to the other places I've visited.

December 30, 2015

By Victoria16

I visited Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe and I like that very much. The atmosphere was very nice. It was very friendly and positive. People have fun there. I have friends there. The only thing I didn’t like is if you can’t stay in indepnedent living, you have to leave to go to another building, which is quite nice, but that’s a move that would be hard for my aunt. I wasn’t interested in that. I like the dining room. It was a little dark but it was nice. The rooms were very nice, but I don’t like the fact that they have a big kitchen. I like the staff because the staff was very nice, and they have worked there long-term, which is very important.

October 27, 2015

I ate at the Aston Gardens, and the food was wonderful. I was quite familiar with the place because I go there every other Tuesday to hear a lecture from the professor that comes down from Tampa. So I was kind of familiar with the surroundings, and I did visit them one other time. They have independent living and assisted living, and then memory care, so they're quite bigger than the others I've visited. When I went, though, they were booked up and didn't have a guest room or anything to show me. The dining facility was beautiful. I know they have bridge groups and lectures, and they go to a lot of shopping and take you to your doctors' appointments. They seemed very accommodating, and they were more expensive than the others. They have a beautiful clubhouse and a beautiful dining room with chandeliers.

September 30, 2015

By Bob112290350

We have not found anything negative about Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe. It is a wonderful place. I would recommend it to anybody. It is large. They have 300 apartments in 5 different buildings. The food is good. They have all kinds of activities.

July 31, 2015

We had lunch at Aston Gardens, and it was excellent. The dining area was extremely nice. We had no qualms about the place. It was easy to go around. They had medical facilities that they provided. They had transportation. The apartments were very nice. We only saw one, but it was big enough for use except that the lanai was very small. Other than that, the kitchen was beautiful because most of the people there still had the old-fashioned electric rings on the stove. They activities like swimming. They had a putting green there. We were really excited about it. We could go there without a doubt. However, the day we were there, the policy was that men had to wear long pants in the dining room after 4 o'clock, which did not appeal to me because I did not even own a pair of long pants. I found out a week later from friends that we referred there that that was changed and they could now wear shorts at dinner. You could have a continental breakfast and a dinner or a lunch, not both, but there was enough food for the people. You could take a doggie bag up and have it that night if you wanted. It was very close to a public supermarket. You could walk there. The staff was very nice. We had a good feedback from other people we knew, and they loved it. From, what I had seen, I would recommend it to others. If you were walking from the outside into the building, the door would automatically open for you.

July 15, 2015

My parents were in Aston Gardens before. It was very nice. The staff was just fine, but it was independent living, so there wasn't a lot of interaction.

Hello, We do appreciate your feedback and will look into this. However I am confused on 2 things if you could help me with. 1) Does this person reside here at Pelican Pointe? 2) What type of interaction do you mean? We would be happy to discuss these.

July 14, 2015

Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe was a beautiful place. The people were very accommodating and helpful. They have a really nice dining room. They have discussion groups, exercises classes, parties, and concerts. It was clean and well kept.

June 15, 2015

By Ann108044050

We visited Aston Gardens. The people were very well informed, very friendly, and cooperative. They were very helpful with the inquiries. The facility was extremely well set up. It was beautiful, and it had beautiful grounds. It was very nice because it had the three levels of care -- independent living, assisted living and memory care. The apartments were very well planned out. We had lunch, and the food was excellent. They did a wonderful job. It was a very good experience. They had a wide variety of activities, and they also offered transportation to doctor appointments and churches. The daily calendar was very well put together. It is a very superior facility.

May 17, 2015

I like Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe. It’s clean, and its location is excellent. Some of their residents were asked to be ambassadors and talked to us about how wonderful the facility was. They serve three meals a day. I also like the fact that you can have a small dog, and you get a first floor place.

January 12, 2015

By Dell1

We like the Aston Gardens. It was so beautiful. They do have covered walkways to apartment buildings. So if it is raining, you could walk and not get wet, but if you don't want to walk to the main building where the dining room is, they'll come with a golf cart to take you to the front door and drive you back if you don't want to walk or if you can't walk. The dining room was absolutely elegant. The food was delicious. The waiters and waitresses were very polite. The apartments were gorgeous. You have a kitchen nicer than my kitchen now, e.g., granite counters, all the appliances you could possibly want, and nice cupboard space. All the units have a small lanai. Each unit had its own washer and dryer, and that is a great feature. The hallways were well lit. They have a beautiful swimming pool, a beautiful outdoor Jacuzzi, and beautiful palm trees all around. Aston Gardens was gorgeous.

By Reni1

Services here at Aston Gardens are excellent. My apartment is spacious yet cozy. The housekeeping staff is courteous, pleasant and mostly effecient. The dining room is a beautiful place to enjoy various food served attractively by attentive staff. There are many enjoyable activities, games and lectures to keep me busy and interested. As needed, there is medical help, transportation to my doctors, security and a "fix-it" squad as well.

By Emma11

Fun and happiness are yours at Aston Gardens. There is something for everyone here and happiness are yours for the taking. We have our own mini city and cononveniences such as a bank and a beauty parlor. We also have many social activities, shows, concerts and etc. Meals are provided beautiful dining room. Plus, all transportation is provided.

By Cecile2

Among the things I enjoy in Aston Gardens the most are the camaraderie and companionship with everyone, the activities, food, and the carefree lifestyle. Here, we have no home to take care of and things are done for us. What more could I say? I existed in Georgia. Now, I am living in Aston Gardens!

By Donald25

After looking into fourteen independent living complexes, we chose Aston Gardens as the one that met our needs the best. After living here for nineteen months, we still believe that we made the right choice at the right time. We have made many new friends, have partaken in many activities, and have felt at home. We recommend living in this place and be surrounded with a caring and friendly staff.

By Mary98230250

The employees in Aston Gardens are friendly, helpful and good. All workers go to the extreme for your comfort. The buildings and apartments are in good condition. I cannot state anything negative regarding the place. I am so happy to be here!

By Dorothy98220850

From the gatekeepers, cart drivers, maintenance men, clubhouse staff and security personnel of Pelican Pointe, they all deserve appreciation. I feel safe, secure and I love living here. A big thank you to you all!

August 04, 2014

My father was in independent living at Ashton Gardens. Ashton Gardens was great. He had a wonderful apartment with a nice kitchen, a microwave, and a dishwasher, which he never used. He also had washer and dryer in the apartment. There was a lot of entertainment. The dining room was luxurious. Everything was really wonderful. The relationship between the residents and the staff was very good. The only thing I didn't like was that if for some reason a resident couldn't get down to dinner, they charged $7 to bring up the food up. If he can't make it and you have somebody to go pick it up, it is $4.

July 29, 2014

By Don36

I looked at Aston Gardens and decided to keep looking. The staff seemed confident and pleasant. They offer many activities, like games and trips. However, the rooms were small.

July 20, 2014

Aston Gardens is clean and friendly, but the food is absolutely terrible. It is bland and tasteless, and they do not have provision for any special diet. It has many amenities that I really liked, but I cannot live there because of the food. They have a pool, fieldtrips, and companionship. My friend who lives there is very happy.

June 19, 2014

I visited Aston Gardens, and it's a very nice facility. They have a wide selection with regard to their apartments. We did not eat there, but we saw their dining room, and it was very nice. They have activities, and they gave very good information on what things were going on. They have game rooms and pool. They also go on short trips. Overall it was good. I have no complaints about the place.

February 27, 2014

I drive by Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe all the time. It was a nice-looking place. They also have assisted living. It looked nice and I thought it would be a nice place to live. The rooms that I saw were nice; however, the people that showed me around didn't really impress me like they wanted us.

July 23, 2013

By threekids

I looked for many places for my relatives in Sarasota County and Aston Gardens is by far the best. It is clean, well-run, staffed by experienced professionals, and everybody looks well-taken care of and happy. The dining room is lovely and elegant with a friendly staff. If anything needs repairing, someone is quickly at the door. It is a quality place and the price is right.

June 25, 2013

By Edward6

I am currently staying at Aston Gardens. The staff is very congenial. The food is fine. The room is very good. The surround is well maintained and clean.

May 31, 2013

By Katniss

Aston Gardens is very new and upscale. They would have buses to take them shopping and to their doctors. But you could still be independent and have your car there. They had big, big units. They had a nice dining room, a bar, a little library and an exercise room. They have a calendar of events with classes and field trips. It's one of the best around the area.

September 29, 2011

By pennell79

I visited Aston Gardens last year and was very impressed. The apartments give you the feel of independence that makes the residence feel comfortable. They have a very nice dining area that gives the feel of a nice restaurant more than a cafeteria. All the staff members that I encountered were very friendly and sincere. I work at a local hospital and have spoken with many residence and they speak very highly of this facility. I found it to be very clean with very cool Mediterranean architecture. There was a very nice pool area and several residents were pool side. The layout of this facility makes it very easy to move from one building to the next. There is a real sense of community here. While I was visiting a relative, 2 different people came by to check in since my car didn't look familiar. This made me feel like the place was very safe. They also had fence (and gate) around the complex and visible security.

Costs for Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Villa

• Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

About Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe

Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe is located in the quaint gulf shore town of Venice in Southwest Florida. Residents enjoy a country club atmosphere, an expansive clubhouse, resort amenities, and a full social and recreational calendar. You'll be close to beaches, shops, golf, medical facilities, a public library, and religious establishments. Choose a rental apartment home or an assisted living suite for more personal care. Either way, you will enjoy a variety of fun activities, the utmost in service from our highly qualified professional staff, and delicious chef- prepared gourmet meals that will tease your taste buds. Family members are always welcome to join in the fun at America's award-winning senior-living community, and small pets are welcome too!

As a new resident in an independent living home at Aston Gardens, you can lock in your monthly rent for three full years! Unlock your future today with the help of the Aston Gardens Peace of Mind Rent Protection Guarantee. Be sure to speak with a Senior Lifestyle Counselor to get all the latest details on the program. Also, ask about the Aston Gardens Home-Sellers Assistance Program, an innovative new opportunity to help you begin enjoying life at Aston Gardens while your home is listed for sale. Aston Gardens At Pelican Pointe in beautiful Venice Florida. For the ultimate in carefree living, choose Aston Gardens, America's award-winning senior-living community on the Gulf coast of Florida.

Map of Aston Gardens at Pelican Pointe