Ashton Place Sarasota, FL

Reviews of Ashton Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Ashton Place

August 10, 2016

By Caring_2643470

My 98 year old mother has been a resident of Ashton Place for 2 1/2 years. As a stroke victim requiring extra care, the state of FL requires that she be in a facility with an ECC (extended congregate care) license, which Ashton has. It is privately owned and managed by Paul Finerty, and has approximately 45 residents, with a combination of private and semi=private rooms. One of the advantages of a private facility is that they can be more flexible and accommodating than corporate facilities, which is true here. Paul is always available and willing to discuss any issues which may arise, and tries to come up with an amenable solution. The facility overall is bright and well maintained. The staff try their best to be very accommodating, which given the demanding nature of my mother, is not an easy chore. The kitchen staff in particular go above and beyond to accommodate each resident's specific likes and dislikes, and the food is quite good. My mother occupies a large, brightly lit private room with private bath.

March 12, 2016

By peter s keller

I was extremely amazed how well my father was looked after. the previous facility did little to enhance and improve dads over all well being he is brighter more cogniscent and general physical improvement is astounding. thank you

February 21, 2016

By nancy&mark

Our mom was a resident at Ashton Place for approximately two weeks before she passed. We had her in two other assisted places over the course of nearly four years. These other places looked good, promised us the world and really that's all they did! She was not in good, caring hands, she was not stimulated in any way and really it was pretty much a scam, Take her money and do as little as possible. Ashton Place was recommended to us by other health care professionals and lived up to all our expectations. If only we would have found this place earlier. Paul and his staff are stellar. We highly recommend this facility for your loved ones. Mark Baughman and Nancy Sabattini.

February 14, 2016

By TheLillys

When my husband first came to Ashton Place he was despondent, and not eating, and sleeping most of his days away. However within just a few days all of that quickly changed due to the compassion and caring attention of both Paul F. and all of Ashton Place’s staff who continue to make him feel very comfortable. And truly this has been an answer to our family’s prayers. So quite sincerely our family highly recommends Ashton Place assisted living and we hope to be able to encourage you to stop-by sometime soon to see for yourself.

February 28, 2014

By Eda1

My husband stayed at Ashton Place for 18 months. He had a private room, which was spacious enough with one bedroom and one bathroom. The food was also very nice. When he was there, he was active. He used to play bingo and cards. Physically, my husband was a large man and to take care of him took at least a couple of people. When he first ended up there, they had a lot of men on staff who were able to handle him. Later as time passed, these men left and the new help were females and I thought they handled him very well. However, it was too difficult for them to handle 350 lb. man. Although most of the people there were very nice and cooperative, I was sorry that the owner asked me to find a different place because his main concern was, "Your husband is getting too difficult to handle. I am afraid that one of my staff may get hurt just handling your husband. You should find a different place for him". I understood why he said that.

July 12, 2013

My friend has moved in to Ashton Place and she is quite happy there. It is a beautiful place. She has a private room with a window overlooking a little pond. She is very happy about that. The staff is really nice and helpful to her. They do all kinds of things for her. I think she is in good hands. I don't think there is too much going on in there. There are a few people that are mentally in a good state as she is. I think from what she said that a lot of people are kind of "out of it", so there is nothing too much of a company to do things with.

Photos of Ashton Place

Services and Amenities of Ashton Place

• Fee Structure Extra: Pets Are On A Case By Case Basis Rent Is All Inclusive But Based On Care Costs 50% Of First Months Rent Is The Entry Fee

• Dining Extra: Special Diets

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: 9381

About Ashton Place

Opened in 1996, Ashton Place is committed to providing the areas most comprehensive level of assistance and care in a bright, cheery, nurturing and homelike environment.

Within Sarasota, we are the only ALF where the owner/administrator is also a licensed nurse. This is in addition to employing other licensed nurses. We are one of three privately owned, purpose built ALFs.

This expertise combined with our stable ownerships' fifteen years of experience ensures that your loved one receives a level of care and comfort unrivaled within our area.

Our staff is equally remarkable. We've assembled a group of bright, industrious, warmhearted people to care for our residents. We value potential over experience when hiring and you'll quickly notice that they are cut above the norm.

In every aspect of what we do, nursing, personal care, dietary, activities, maintenance and building design, you'll find excellence abounds.

Here are some of the wonderful services we offer:

• Assistance with bathing, dressing, transfers, ambulation and dining
  • Customized care plans to support daily living
  • requirements
  • Licensed nurses on staff
  • Personal care attendants available 24-7
  • In-room emergency call system
  • Medication management
  • Access to rehab services
  • Transportation to medical appointments
  • Delicious meals daily including special diets-Independent and assisted dining rooms available
  • Private and shared suites