The Palms at Ponte Vedra

Reviews of The Palms at Ponte Vedra

Assisted Living Reviews for The Palms at Ponte Vedra

March 08, 2017

By pat0000

On behalf of our entire family, we would like to thank The Palms for all the wonderful work you do and for taking such great care of my grandmother. Quite frankly her gains since she has been a resident of the Palms are nothing short of miraculous and it brings us all so much joy and peace to see her not only gaining her health and vitality back but thriving! If you remember, when we first spoke, grandma didn't want to leave her apartment where she lived alone and had home aids coming to care for her since her fall. Fast forward to now and what a huge difference! The calls I used to get were from a sad woman, but now, when she has time to call, I hear only joy in her voice and tales about how she loves exercise (something she has never done in her life!!) yoga, games, singing, friends, fashions shows, movies and field trips!! She is actually more independent then she was when she lived alone. It's really amazing, and I know it takes much hard work and talent to create such a nurturing space. We cannot thank The Palms enough! I want to thank you too for the care during the hurricane. I can imagine it was a very difficult time. Grandma knew she was safe and well cared for. We were making at the time which seemed like an impossible decision, and we had a very short time to pull it off,, In hindsight, I still do not know how we managed to get it done, but I know that you all made the transition very easy for us. The Palms has been such a blessing in all of our lives.

February 19, 2017

By booboo8066

This place is all smoke and mirrors. The facility is beautiful and looks like a resort with all of the amenities. The dining room and menu for the assisted living side resembles a fine dining restaurant however, on the memory care side it is a different story. While the menu may appear to be the same , the quality of the food is seriously lacking. They don't provide enough servings for the residents and do not pay close attention to a individual residents "supposed" care plan. Rolls were never served and most of their entrees did not have any gravy, even if it was requested. The management staff all put on a good show to get you to put down your money but they misrepresented their amenities. They boasted that they had a whirlpool bath available for the residents, a unique amenity compared to the other ALFs, however, what they do not tell you is that none of their staff has been trained on how to properly use it with a resident so it is not really useable. Secondly, the CNAs and some of the nurses do not pay close attention to the memory care residents. They did not recognize that my mother was pale for several days and didn't appear right. It wasn't until I pointed it out and called the Dr. Myself, did they start taking some action. As a result, she had an internal bleed and nearly died. I took her out of that place immediately. I cannot vouch for the assisted living side but I would not recommend the memory care. The value for the exorbitant cost was not worth it. They also recommend a pharmacy to use for ease of prescriptions and packaging but the cost of the medications are ridiculously expensive. The whole place is a rip off.

November 12, 2016

By Skbmickey

I would not recommend The Palms to anyone. I had my parents there for 7 months. I was told before we signed the contract that they could take my parents to the end of their life however when my parents started to need more assistance they advised me I would have to hire a private caretaker at my own expense. They told me the only way they would accept my mother back when she was ready to be released from the hospital was if I hired a twelve hour a day caretaker. Then when my Dad was ready to get out of a short-term rehab facility they refused to let him come back. They gave me a three day notice to find him another facility to live in. The management here runs this place like a used car dealership and does not care about the residents or the employees. Horrible Place.

November 01, 2016

By Ms. Miller

The Palms at Ponte Vedra is very elegant, lovely, small, and beautifully decorated. It's just a little jewel of a place, and it's for people who aren't very active anymore. They have parties and an ice cream bar. The staff who toured us around was excellent.

October 26, 2016

By jrcares

My loved one moved in to this facility several months ago. It is a nice place however I do not think they are equipped to handle the growth that they have seen over the last 2 months. The food is not as good the attention to detail is not what it was before. I think the staff is overwhelmed which is not good in a facility that houses individuals that need a little extra help.

October 19, 2016

By sm123

Visited and know a relative that lives at The Palms. Nice place. Good food however the communication between the family member and staff appears to be unorganized. If a loved one needs a higher level of care you may want to look in to another facility.

October 12, 2016

By Kim768650

I would say my second favorite was The Palms at Ponte Vedra. It was equally as nice as the other community. They were a little bit more expensive, but they’re closer to my house. It was similarly as nice. It was very well decorated. I’m really impressed.

September 30, 2016

By Charlotte812046

I was very happy with The Palms at Ponte Vedra. I know the staff personally; they’re very nice. Everything was A-1, except for the cost. They’re very small rooms, but the food is very good; the dining area is beautiful. Everything was perfect.

March 18, 2016

By Linda121600450

The assisted living that I liked was The Palms. It’s new, lovely facility with a beautiful dining room and very impressive food service. The staff was extremely helpful and caring. The rooms were lovely and not as big as the rooms I saw in another facility, but they were very nice and very attractive. This was where I was going to put my mother for assisted living. It was much smaller, so there was a lot more individual attention.

January 16, 2016

By Sandy117651150

The Palms at Ponte Vedra is very beautiful, brand new, and pretty well designed. My mom and dad live there. The staff is very professional with many years of experience in assisted living and senior care. The supervisor is wonderful and has been in the business for many years. The rooms are beautiful. The dining area and the food are top notch. They have lots of activities like Wii bowling, bingo, watching the morning news, poker, and different things like that.

Memory Care Reviews for The Palms at Ponte Vedra

Costs for The Palms at Ponte Vedra

Photos of The Palms at Ponte Vedra

Services and Amenities of The Palms at Ponte Vedra

• Dining Extra: We Do Not Include Ovens All Assisted Living Apartments Have Kitchenettes

• Coffee Shop

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: AL12734

About The Palms at Ponte Vedra

Welcome to The Palms at Ponte Vedra

The Palms at Ponte Vedra has been created in the belief that aging is a creative and meaningful process to be respected, celebrated and supported. Located in the heart of North Florida, we are establishing a gracious and caring Assisted Living and Memory Care Community which ensures residents will receive the quality care and support they need to live remarkable lives.

INDEPENDENT LIFESTYLE

The best relationships are true partnerships in which choices and lifestyles are respected, but a helping hand is always nearby. At The Palms at Ponte Vedra, our staff will be available 24-hours a day. Here we anticipate life happening according to your plan – a plan that fits your current lifestyle. You can relax in knowing that our activities are the result of proven practices and an organization refined by experience.

Our assisted living community, licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration, will be the perfect residence for individuals who are capable of living independently with some assistance and supervision yet who are seeking access to a range of services to provide them with an enhanced level of health and well-being. We know that life brings us unexpected changes and we are here to support you when those changes come. Various levels of Personal Assistance are available and tailored to meet each resident’s specific needs. Residents will be evaluated prior to move-in and we will develop a detailed care plan just for you.in San Diego.

Map of The Palms at Ponte Vedra