Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care New Port Richey, FL

Reviews of Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

August 13, 2015

By Debbie110693350

I visited Oakview Terrace. The staff was not really friendly. The rooms were adequate. It did not smell very nice, and we were not impressed with it.

June 17, 2014

My mother is already in Oakview Terrace. She has a very nice room. She really likes it. It is a good size room. My mom is on a pureed diet, but the food is OK. The staff is very nice. They are very cordial and helpful. They are attentive to the patients, and most of them are friendly enough. There is one I don't really like, she is not really friendly. The facility is clean. I like it; however, it is not really that social. They do have a lot of social activities going on; however, there are a lot of people like my mom, who is not doing well, so she can't really do activities.

November 11, 2013

By Karen73584850

Oakview Terrace was where my best friend's father had been. Everything there is really nice. It's a small place so mom in law wasn't overwhelmed by the size. The staff is very caring, it's very clean and the rooms are big. I liked that it's very well kept and the staff is very good. They have activities for the residents every day. The food is good and they have choices at every meal. Mom in law wasn't happy when she moved in because she has dementia but now after a month and a half she's very happy.

October 23, 2012

By not pleased!

I have a relative in Oakview Terrace. This relative had to go to the "Memory Care" unit. The care was poor, the area is cramped the music played very loudly and it smelled! The staff in that area doesn't seem to care, my relative had the same clothes on for two days! The assist. living part is ok, but NOT the "memory care!

September 10, 2012

By Alex3

Oakview terrace is a very nice facility. I didn't know that assisted living facilities could be so nice. usually I would think of them as grey and boring but everyone who works there is really nice and provides many accommodations for my grandma and my family. The rooms are kept very clean and everything is super sanitary. It never smells and there are never any signs of pest problems. The facility has a large tv room so that is usually where we hang out when we visit my grandma. They also have a lot of daily activities so that my grandma is never bored. She has made many friends there and i think we made a great choice with choosing Oakview terrace.

August 13, 2012

By Linda16

We had a chance to visit Oakview Terrace together with my aunt. It was a wonderful community. The people are all smilling. They have a home-like environment. The staff are really accomodating and they really want to help you with anything you asked. When we visit the place the residents are having bingo and I think it's one of those activities that the residents are happy about. I would recommend Oakview Terrace to others.

July 11, 2012

By DisgustedInDunedin

My grandma loves it at Oakview Terrace. The staff are so nice and they really thrive to make their residents' stays as comfortable and home-like as possible. She constantly has things to keep herself entertained with there and is in good spirits whenever I visit. I've come into contact with many ALFs with quite a few of my older family members and this place is one of my favorites. Not to mention that my grandmother actually seems happier than ever since staying here for the past few years. So glad to have had the pleasure of dealing with this company. There is also a hospital within two miles of this facility so we never have to worry about whether or not our loved one will be taken care of. Falls rarely happen, if ever, because the nurses are constantly on guard for any safety issues. Medications are always administered to my gramma on time and the furniture/living quarters are up to date. All in all this is a great place and I wish other facilities that I've come across would be more like it.

November 10, 2011

By tampabayCNA

Oakview Terrace is a ALF that caters to about 135 residents. When pulling up to the building it appears to be neat with some manicure areas and landscape. Once I entered the building staff seemed plentiful. It was just after supper. My journey to Oakview Terrace was to visit a woman that I had known for years, and as I wondered around on my attempt to find her, I was surprised that no one asked if they could assist me. The facility itself was up to date and very clean. It had a very fresh small and was very well lighted. The woman that I visited said that she loved it here . The food was great and the staff treated her excellent, Within a weeks time she had formed friendships with the staff and already had a favorite. While I was visiting, there was a woman that was disinfecting common areas, that was great. There was seasonal décor and a posting of activities. Family members strolled throughout the facility which gave me a great relief. Any place that encourages families to maintain their relationships in a comfortable environment appeals to me. From what I saw this place was ran efficiently.

Questions about Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Alzheimer

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Average is 74. My residents love to singalong with live music or any other way.

What programs or activities does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Bingo, Outings, Music, Painting with a twist. Travel logs, gardening and much much more!

What places are near Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The church is with in walking distance. Bus line with in walking distance. Beaches and parks within 15 min.

What transportation services does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

Bus

What safety features or security measures does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

Coded doors and alarm system.

How does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Phone calls and visits. Virtual tours!

If Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

yes, we do except dogs and cats. Large fences area for animals.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Alzheimer

What safety features or security measures does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care provide to protect residents who wander?

Locked unit with outside safe area to walk and enjoy the out doors.

What programs or activities does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

singalong, word games, trivia, puzzles, adult coloring

Our nurses do all assessments when residents move in and every 3 months after.

What techniques does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents are supervised. Finger food for the people that like to walk non-stop. Lots of snacks and small more frequent meals.

How does Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Phone calls and individual care conferences.

Costs for Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost: $1500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: AL#7689

About Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care

Noble Senior Living at Oakview Terrace is an assisted living and memory care community focused on delivering affordable quality care for our residents.

Noble Senior Services Assisted Living and personal care program offers residents personalized assistance, and the care that each resident receives is unique to his or her needs. Assisted Living provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and medication. Our plan is a focus on overall wellness and maintaining residents’ independence.

Our memory care neighborhoods provide specially trained care staffing and specific life enrichment activities that meet your loved ones where they are. Our cozy neighborhoods and kind staff make our residents feel comfortable while socializing and participating in activities.The Noble Senior Living at Oakview Terrace Life Enrichment program boasts many activities and local outings that give our residents a purpose every day. We incorporate daily spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual activities to give each of our residents a fulfilling day.

In addition to regularly scheduled activities such as church services and Bible study, birthday celebrations, and Bingo, we have outings and trips several times a month that include shopping and visits to restaurants and museums.

Programming at Noble Senior Living at Oakview Terrace keeps us vibrant and in touch with our surrounding community. You’ll find our spirited program inspires residents to lead fulfilling and active lives.

Our amenities include:

• Emergency Call system
  • Licensed Professional Nursing staff
  • Weekly housekeeping, linen and laundry service
  • Full dining service
  • Social activities
  • Hair Salon
  • Phone/cable tv in room
  • Small pets welcome
  • Respite care
  • Secured Alzheimer’s dementia unit with outdoor courtyard

At Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care, we care about achieving the best quality service for everyone.

Map of Oakview Terrace Assisted Living & Memory Care