Truewood by Merrill, West Covina

Reviews of Truewood by Merrill, West Covina

Independent Living Reviews for Truewood by Merrill, West Covina

March 21, 2019

By reviewer0312

Bridgecreek is very nice, but more geared towards being a retirement place. My dad didn't like the fact that my mom have to take one elevator, then through an area, then up another elevator. It wasn't a very direct way to get to the rooms, and it's a large community. The staff who accommodated us was very helpful and very nice, it was a very pleasant experience. We checked the dining area and it was lovely. It was a very nice place, but it's just a little bit too big for my dad. We also checked the rooms.

May 25, 2018

By RJ

Bridgecreek was a nice, very well-maintained place. Management was abreast of everything that's going on there. The place was immaculate, and I didn't see any real faults with it. The apartments and studios were very nice, well-kept, and well-maintained. They’re ergonomically laid out and designed for senior living.

February 19, 2018

By Reviewer

Bridgecreek was a good facility, but it's very close to the freeway, so you get the noise from that. It's close to a brand-new gym and community center and I thought that was nice. It's a pretty big facility that you could go to. The apartments were OK. They were playing Bingo, and they have a library. They didn't have a speaker at the time, but they did tell me they have them as well. They have a small exercise room and activity rooms.

August 31, 2017

By A Visitor

I liked Bridgecreek a lot, but I couldn't see myself moving there. They'd let me keep my cat, which is good, but it just costs too much and the money will be all gone in a couple of months. I was interested in the studio-apartment because they had windows with a view and not a brick wall. It was nice, light, and clean. It also had a nice little kitchenette and a bathroom attached. It's large enough for any furniture you might need. The cleanliness was very good, I didn't notice any dust or fur balls. The staff invited me to have lunch or dinner there in the future.

February 23, 2017

By Regina428157

Bridgecreek is a very nice place, and it's very clean, modern, and upgraded. The staff is very nice, the dining room is huge, and the rooms that they have -- even the studios -- are good sizes. It was elegant. I would recommend it to anyone.

February 29, 2016

By Caring visitor36

It was a good cold visit. I didn’t call ahead and they have very graciously continued to connect with me on a monthly basis to let me know of things that are going on and inviting my mom and I back in for some lunch and to check it out. And even if she wanted to try it out for a couple of days, they have a place where she could stay there at Bridgecreek on a trial basis, if she likes it. So I like their perseverance, but she really isn’t ready for assisted living anyway. She’s 89 but does everything for herself and still even drives. I haven’t really pursued anything with them and would really want to just talk to them a little more and maybe spend some time checking out the facilities and that kind of thing.

January 17, 2016

By Janet B.2

My mom is very happy at Bridgecreek. They are very friendly and conscientious and seem to care for everyone.

January 13, 2016

By Lee30

I was able to visit BridgeCreek and thought it’s a great place to retire. I liked the openness about it.

December 25, 2015

By Martha117692550

Bridgecreek was our second choice. We didn’t choose this facility, only because of the price, but the facility is beautiful. It has a nice view. The food was nice. The person who accommodated us, Ken, was wonderful. They even wrote our name on the welcome board. The whole staff was wonderful.

December 20, 2015

By Family789

Bridgecreek was excellent. That would have been my sister’s second choice, but the only drawback is they don’t have an Alzheimer’s to move their residents to. They don’t have a clinic, but they’re near a hospital. The food was excellent, the staff was excellent, the rooms were very nice, and the grounds were beautiful. They also had a lot of activities. The setup for the rooms were very nice, but they did not have the same cooking availabilities that I wanted. They just have a microwave and a small refrigerator. The staff work ethics were excellent.

August 08, 2015

I am a resident of Bridgecreek. The rooms are adequate. They are fairly large as far as the studio goes. I will call their dining a high school type cafeteria with table service, and it is not as good as their website depicted. The staff is outstanding. They are kind of sub-contract caregiver from a local company, and they do a good job in looking after me when I need it. They have activities. On Wednesday, they will go an ice cream parlor. They have gone to a regional park. The thing that I like most about Bridgecreek is the view of the mountain. They can improve on the food.

May 26, 2015

By Don46

Bridgecreek was very nice. If I was to consider one, this would be the one that I would consider. Tom and his wife Michelle -- who were the managers -- live on the facility. I think they had a nice array of activities. They also had a nice restaurant area, and they provide more than one choice of meal.

April 27, 2015

My friend has been at Bridgecreek for about 2 months now. She's got a single room to herself. It's a good price. She was very familiar with the location too, so that's why she chose it. She likes the location. She's getting three meals a day, they clean her room once or twice a week, they give her new towels, they change her sheets, they pay for her cable, and they pay for all her utilities. They also take her on tours on the bus to go different places particularly to doctor's appointments, as well as to market or the stores. They play games, they have outings, and they have a lot of functions during the week. She doesn't have to participate in all of them or any of them if she doesn't want to. She's not that crazy about the food. It's a hit and miss. She likes everything about the place -- the location, the room, the people, and treatment. The only thing she's not crazy about is the food.

November 15, 2014

I know Bridgecreek because a friend had been there. Bridgecreek has more of a country setting. It is a pretty facility. My friend who was there had a nice apartment. As I say, it is more of a country setting, and the landscaping is very attractive. Actually the décor inside is very attractive too. The interior decorating in the public room is attractive. It is a bright, sunny place. I did see their van around town, so they do take their people out for doctor's and other appointments.

April 24, 2013

I paid a visit to Bridgecreek and I liked it. The staff seemed really good and nice. I liked the layout and set-up of the facility. The only problem was the available room which was facing the freeway so it was noisy.

December 25, 2012

By KAT5

Bridgecreek is mainly independent retirement living and is run by a corporation called Holiday. However, some residents need additional help from caregivers and so it is sort of an assisted living place too. The turnover of managers is fairly frequent and the kitchen staff tends to change a lot, too. However, overall it is a nice place that provides care, food, transportation, managers on call 24 hours, a maintenance man, activities director, bus driver, musical and social events, craft activities, games, church services for both Catholic and non-denominational, good-sized apartments, and nice grounds including flowers, trees, and bushes to help block noise from the nearby freeway. It costs a minimum of two grand per month to live there in the studio apartments. Most residents pay more for larger spaces. My mom moved in there over a year ago and loves having a big group of new friends to socialize with. She wanted me not to have to worry about her the way I did when she lived at home in the house that I now own.I recommend this place overall although I wish the staff members would not go and come and be replaced or promoted and transferred as much as they are.

November 26, 2011

By Sabrinanonna

The co-managers Dave and Donna are the best around. Our Mom absolutely loves them and they take such good care of her I don't worry about her at all. They even live there on site.

Costs for Truewood by Merrill, West Covina

• Insurance
  • Check

About Truewood by Merrill, West Covina

DISCOVER A WELCOMING SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITY IN WEST COVINA

You’re going to love Truewood by Merrill, West Covina. Our independent senior living community offers a great location in West Covina with plenty of fantastic dining and shopping opportunities all around! Truewood West Covina is an apartment-style community offering the amenities of home without the work! We are an independent living 55+ community nestled in the gorgeous hills of West Covina. We offer various apartment-style options from studios, to one and two bedrooms as well. We include all meals, housekeeping, a full activities program, and we are pet friendly!

Map of Truewood by Merrill, West Covina