Pacifica Senior Living Vista

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Vista

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Vista

November 29, 2019

By Cindy

We chose Pacifica Senior Living Vista for my father because it looked really nice. The dining room is nice, it's a large enough place, and they have a lot of activities. The staff is very qualified, including the nurses and the med techs. They are very friendly. They have independent, assisted living, and Alzheimer's units. They have a lot of activities, an exercise room, a singer comes in once a week, there are church services, a library, and a nursing area. The food I had was good.

Hi Cindy, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

August 20, 2019

By Michael

We looked at both assisted and independent living facilities at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. It was very good. The staff was very nice, even people who we weren't directly interacting with knew everybody by name. They seemed very helpful, very patient, and helping people with walkers to and from the meals or common areas. Everybody seemed happy. They had assisted living in their main buildings. The rooms were nice and well kept, and the layouts were good. The independent living was outside of their main facility, and they've got villas, which were one and two-bedrooms with full kitchens. They're very nicely laid out, you've got your own washer and dryer in your space, a full kitchen, and your own little yard area where you can have plants. For somebody who's mobile and in relatively good health, that was a really nice option. The independent living was a 5/5, and the assisted living was a 4/5. It was a really nice facility.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities! Please feel free to reach out at any time.

June 30, 2018

By FPR

The marketing director did a wonderful job and she was informative. It was a cheerful place. The rooms were nice, but they were on the second floor, and my mother hates to be up high. We had lunch there and the food was good. The room was average, but it was clean, bright, and there was a little balcony.

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, thanks for noticing and sharing! We have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We hope to see you at one of our fun events this month! We offer yoga, movies, trivia, bingo and more!

December 13, 2017

By Henry

It is very nice, clean, and organized, plus the staff is very friendly. I would drop in and visit my mom unannounced and her room would always be clean. She's always well cared of. I don't see any situation that would require getting the staff to correct anything. Everything seems good so far. The dining area looks like a restaurant, but my mother eats in her room and they bring her meals all nice and warm and covered. It's all done well. I see a lot of the residents walking around and going on strolls with or without assistance. At one point, there was musical entertainment in the dining room, which I thought was really nice. They have presentations and movies with a big screen in the library area. The residents were always friendly, too. They always say hi to you when you walk down the halls, so they seem to be content as well.

Henry, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Vista!

December 17, 2016

By Linda Murphy438763

From the sales office to reception, maintenance and the nursing staff, I received nothing but help. The food is great, services excellent. This was the best care and had so many extra services for the money. I love this place and the staff is awesome.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

November 27, 2016

By jburke

I wasn't able to spend Thanksgiving with my mom this year. It was nice knowing she was prepared a delicious Thanksgiving meal served in the beautiful Skylight Dining Room. It's very comforting to know even if I can't be with her she is getting excellent care and is surrounded by friends she's made in this great community.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

August 27, 2015

By Glen5

My dad really likes the community as it’s a nice place. He liked the food, and the rooms were spacious, clean, and well-maintained. The people were very nice people. They have activities almost all day long.

Thank you for letting us know about your visit we are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

July 06, 2015

It was very nice. I didn't have any complaints about it. The staff members seemed very nice. I wasn't there that very long, but what I saw was fine. Everyone was very nice. It was clean and didn't have any odors at all; it was OK. The dining area was lovely. I wasn't too impressed with the section where my mom would be, but the other areas seemed OK.

April 27, 2015

By Carmen17

I was very happy with this community. The dining room was exemplary. The beauty shop was very good. I participated in all of their activities. Their activity director was great, and so was their assistant. There were very happy people there. The bus drivers were exemplary, friendly, and accommodating. I just have nothing but good to say about them.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

April 10, 2015

My mother is down in this community. It is very nice. There basically aren't any problems. It has nice social activities. It has a lovely dining room. The food seems to be very nice. My mother never has any complaint. I think everything is handled very well. It has so many features. The care is good.

January 28, 2015

By Rick30

My mom is here. I like that they are very professional, very caring, and very responsive. The place is clean. They just do a better job than the other places. I like the way things are set-up. My mother and several other relatives love the food. She has a rough time transitioning, and they really stick with her and have it done. The grounds are beautiful. It is accessible to both fire and hospital precautions. They have activities like arts & crafts, bingo, bus tours, a Friday happy hour, and music entertainment. There is something going on all the time. I will recommend them to friends and family. How I wish I lived there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

December 25, 2014

The grounds could have been better, and their location was a little far. I would have liked the rooms to be larger, but they were fine.

Thank you very much.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Vista

February 06, 2020

By Richard

Friendly, caring staff. Very helpful.

Hi Richard, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

July 24, 2019

By Reviewer762019

My visit at Pacifica Senior Living Vista was so refreshing. I got a thorough tour, and Stacey, the staff member who helped me, was so amazing. She answered so many of the questions that I had. She took me everywhere; I even asked to review the memory care since in the future my dad may have to transition into that unit. I like the fact that everything is right there, so if anything happens I won't have to move him to another place since it's all in one area. They offer so many activities. My parents try to go to church every Sunday, and I really like that this place offers transportation to a church of their choice, so that was a huge deal for me because I know that that would make my parents happy. They also take the residents to their doctor's appointments, schedule them, and keep their medications on track to make sure they're getting the refills as needed. They do pretty much everything to make sure that my parents are cared for. The apartment is big and has a gated patio which is perfect for my parent's dog. There's also a kitchenette in their apartment, but the dining area is also open all day and it has anything they want all day. They do have special menus for certain times of the day, but if the residents don't go in that time, they can go in any time and be served. I like how the place was lit up brightly with flowers and everything, it was beautiful. I asked some of the residents how they like living there, and I didn't hear one bad thing about Pacifica from the residents. They all seemed happy there. The main reason we picked this one also is because it has the best location for all our family members. I would rate the staff a 5, even the receptionist. They had my whole family come for a meal, and I would rate the food a 5 as well.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact us with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

February 13, 2019

By Andrea

Pacifica Senior Living Vista was a beautiful facility. The people who work there were very friendly. The amenities were lovely and the apartments were adequate. They had a really nice dining room, activities, and transportation. It's in a convenient location and the grounds were very pretty. I would recommend them definitely. The staff was excellent.

Hi Andrew, thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 01, 2016

By no hospice for me

It seemed clean. The staff seemed nice and friendly. If my mom’s finances were better, I would have made sure to take her to this place.

September 23, 2014

By Jim&Bernice

We have friends who live here, so we are there quite often. Absolutely we were treated very nicely. They treated us royally. We have no complaints; it’s just very nice. They invited us to some of their socials, and we can’t say enough about them; they were just wonderful. The place is very clean, and the food was excellent. They have a lot of activities there. They have different games in the activity room, like bingo and cards. They also have sing-alongs, church service on Sunday, which we're very interested in, and bible study during the week. They also have a health center; it has everything. We were very impressed.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Vista

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Vista

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our youngest resident is 62 and our oldest is 104! Our residents love money bingo, attending fun events in our local community, dinner and a movie nights and our monthly port of call where our chef transforms our dining room into another country and prepares a delicious feast complete with delectable treats from the country of the month and live entertainment.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Vista offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We make sure to provide a varied and ever changing schedule of activities to meet our residents physical, social, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and leisure needs.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Vista or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Live outdoor and indoor theater, local art galleries, upscale movie theater and a wide variety of dining venues.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Vista offer to assisted living residents?

Pacifica Senior Living Vista offers transportation by request upon availability

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Vista exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brian Cloud is a talented, energetic and creative Chef. He performs informative and delicious cooking demonstrations for our residents, chooses and prepares a meal themed to the movie selection for dinner and a movie, has a monthly Chef’s table and prepares a special menu for the lucky recipients and prepares a delicious variety of menu options every day of the year.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Vista offer to assisted living residents?

All exterior doors are locked at 8pm, care staff and nursing support on sight 24 hours a day seven days a week, alert pendants in every bathroom and personal alert pendants provided to all residents and private security company patrolling the outside of the community every night.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Vista keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

In the case of emergency family members are notified immediately by phone. Regularly scheduled care conferences are held with family members, residents, our Executive Director and Resident Services Director to discuss current care needs and families are invited to attend all special events via email and USPS invites.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Vista during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our care staff ratio is not per resident. Our staff is scheduled by the care needs of our current residents. The higher the number of hours of care required for all residents determines how many staff are on duty.

If Pacifica Senior Living Vista accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All of the apartments have outdoor space and we will provide fencing for pets free of charge at the request of the resident. The walking trail provides a nice area for walking pets and we have a trails and tails walking group for the dog owners.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff are required to complete monthly training and refresher courses.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our youngest resident is 66 and our oldest is 103! Our residents love money bingo, attending fun events in our local community, dinner and a movie nights and our monthly port of call where our chef transforms our dining room into another country and prepares a delicious feast complete with delectable treats from the country of the month and live entertainment

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pacifica Senior Living Vista has organized?

Our residents recently enjoyed an afternoon at the meditation gardens in Encinitas, a trip to the Aerospace Museum in Balboa Park and they love the monthly trips to local casinos.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Vista offer to independent living residents?

Pacifica Senior Living Vista offers transportation by request upon availability.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Vista exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Pacifica Senior Living Vista has a large outdoor patio where our residents love to congregate and visit, beautifully landscaped walking trail, a work out room with Nu Step machine, our beautiful skylight dining room with spacious outdoor dining as well, a well-appointed library with vaulted ceilings and outdoor patio space and a large activity room.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Vista offer to independent living residents?

Does Pacifica Senior Living Vista work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have a licensed nurse and care givers on staff 24/7.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Vista offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have the family members fill out an extensive Resident History and Profile Questionnaire. This enables our staff to engage with our residents and reference past careers, hobbies and interests. We also have a programing director and activities coordinator that work together to schedule and execute fun and engaging activities for our residents.

Our Resident Services Director and assessments are done every three months or sooner if a change of condition occurs.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Vista use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Caregivers provide support during mealtime. Adaptive equipment is available for residents that require them. A photo dietary board alerts all care staff to special dietary needs.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Vista keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The primary contact is notified via phone of any changes in their loved one’s health status.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Vista. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Vista is located in a residential neighborhood. We are terraced onto a hillside and have beautiful tree lined and mountain views. Our average temperature is 72 degrees all year long.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Vista affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Tri-City Hospital is our nearest hospital, but our residents will go to the hospital of their choice if time permits.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Vista

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: RCFE

About Pacifica Senior Living Vista

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Vista