Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

November 15, 2020

By Arlene

When medtech Janet says, "I'll take care of it", it will be taken care of soon, not next week. Janet has the foresight and attentiveness to prevent issues before they escalate. While Pacifica is a warm and welcoming facility, it is made more "user friendly" by Janet and her enthusiasm. Thank you, Janet.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

October 13, 2020

By ELGreen

Just remember to get all medical test done in advance if possible, makes the move less stressful for both the family and the new resident. It just helps. Otherwise it was easy and everyone was very nice and helpful.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

September 30, 2020

By ThisGrandson

This facility has friendly staff, and is kept relatively clean. There is no pool, which I feel is an essential tool for maintaining elder health. I have been told that the exercise classes are not available daily. Same with entertainment activities; they seem to be somewhat few and far between, when I would think there should be something each morning, and each evening at least. I have also been told there is not always fresh fruit available for the residents on a given day, let alone a given meal.. it's possible that's not completely accurate, and the selection of fruit is the real problem. Either way, I feel my relative should have access to just about any food she reasonably desires without family needing to bring her supplies. There is limited transportation options, and I have been told it's not always an option to join the group outings if another resident who needs to use the lift also wishes to attend.. again, however, these outings don't seem to be as often as I would like. There are no heaters in the bathrooms, and if the resident desires one, they must purchase it themselves. Any assistance the resident needs (getting dressed, going to the bathroom, bathing or the like) comes at an extra fee, which is not completely unreasonable, but which new residents should be aware of, as the price is already substantial enough you may well expect those kind of services would be included. The rooms are reasonable small bedrooms with a private bathroom, and a mini fridge. (Or, maybe the family brought in the fridge) A couple hundred square feet, there's space for a desk, lazy chair, bed, and the dresser / TV. There's not really any storage space, or enough room to comfortably pursue a hobby, such as sewing, in the room. Every time I speak with my relative, she complains about the food, complains about being bored, complains about lack of exercise, and complains that she's not part of a community. It's all good natured, and something of a hobby of hers, so it's hard to say what the situation really is during my infrequent visits, however, I really feel the facility doesn't do nearly enough to try to provide stimulation and exercise for the more geriatric residents.

Hi grandson, thank you very much for all your candid comments. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve but we appreciate your feedback will share with the team.

June 03, 2020

By Jessie

Met Judy S. Visited the facility in May and loved the warmth with which we were met and made the decision right on the spot that this was home.

October 10, 2019

By Joan

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs was very nice, but I was horrified by the size of the rooms and their closets. They were very small. They have studios and one-bedrooms. I had lunch there and it was very good. Their staff was very nice and very warm. However, I couldn't get over the rooms.

Hi Joan, thank you for considering our award winning community although we are alarmed that you were horrified. That is not our intention and want to share that we are extremely proud of our community and support staff. Our senior living community has the experience of a desert resort and is spread across 4.5 acres of pristine landscapes. It features extensive open grounds with multiple walking paths and show-stopping mountain views, relaxing patios, a palatial pergola lounge, and a lovely garden. We also have private dining areas in each cottage, as well as a beauty and barber salon and a cozy clubhouse with a fireplace lounge. Our activity department is off the charts! We have a multitude of engaging activities for our residents and their families. See some of what our residents are up to on our Facebook page. We would like to invite you to some of our upcoming events that might interest you, you can find them on our Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs Facebook page and/or Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs website. Again, thank you for coming in and we hope to see you again soon.

September 30, 2019

By Deanna

We saw Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs assisted living and memory care facilities. It's very nice, and I have my mother on a waiting list there. The apartment was nice and good sized. The staff was all very nice. They had a van that will take people to doctors' appointments and outings. The dining area was very nice, it's like you're in a little restaurant where they serve you, and the food was good.

Thank you Deanna, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs.

June 05, 2019

By Palm Spring Resident

I volunteer at Pacifica & spend time with the Residents. The Staff is very kind & helpful. The Residents are always in a cheerful mood. Never do I hear any complaints from them. It's a real nice facility & I will always recommend Pacifica.

Thank you for your positive review we are so glad to hear all the positive comments! Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, their families and our volunteers! We appreciate you volunteering here and for sharing your perspective. Did you know we have a Facebook page that we share our daily activities to, its a fun way to see what the residents get to experience during the day! We hope to see you at one of our fun events this month! Thank you again!

May 22, 2019

By CaroBee

My Brother is a resident at Pacifica Senior Living in Palm Springs. It is a beautiful facility with wonderful cottages and beautiful grounds. There is a choice in Senior Living in terms of numbers of rooms, from one to three that I know of. The food is quite good. It is, however, the PEOPLE who work at Pacifica who make all the difference. My bother visited a friend there for some 7 years before becoming himself a resident. Those who work at Pacifica always have time for the Residents, and are willing to step outside their own jobs to handle other matters. They are clearly dedicated to this work, and clearly love working with seniors. I highly recommend Pacifica. The people here are very dedicated.

Hello, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience here, we appreciate it. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

November 28, 2016

By Kay778481

I thought the people at this community were too old. I thought it was too clinical, maybe like we were being taken as clients into a place and not family. It was clean and nice, but for what I want based on the tour, I would give it a 2.

We regret to hear that you had this experience in 2016. Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs is under new ownership in 2018 and would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and have used your review as an opportunity to improve. We are extremely proud of our community and staff and invite you in to see how we have changed for the better. Thank you for again for leaving feedback.

July 14, 2015

By Victor8

It was very nice. It was one of the two places I'm looking at. However, transportation is a problem for me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

August 27, 2014

By James93423750

This was the facility we liked the most. If my mother-in-law is going into a home, that’s where she will go. We went through one of the buildings and saw the facilities in that building as well as the one for the Alzheimer’s patients. We visited the main buildings and the grounds, too. We really liked the idea of separate buildings, where each building had something like 15 patients and its own dining room. We thought that would be really good for my mother-in-law. Also, it was just a smaller atmosphere than the ones we've read about or visited. The building itself is pretty much self-contained. It’s very clean. Everybody there seemed to be enjoying themselves. There are people in the common areas talking and playing games and stuff. We saw the larger apartments with more than one room. They’re very nice. We visited the one with a single room; I thought that would just be perfect. It's a very nice size, and it can be set up to meet the needs of anyone I can imagine. The rooms in the dementia area were the same as in the other buildings, except there’s more security, of course. We went to the dementia part because the guide wanted to show us one of the rooms that they didn’t have available in the other facility, but it was identical. We weren’t considering putting my mother-in-law in the dementia part, but I thought it was a very nice place.

Thank you for letting us know about your visit we are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

May 27, 2014

I felt comfortable with this community; it was clean. We moved my grandmother there, and she has friends already. The staff was exceptional during the visit, very informative, answered a lot of questions, and showed us the unit that was available. They were also very accommodating when she moved in. My grandmother plays Bingo every day, has her hair done, and watches movies a lot. The venues for the movies are in different buildings, so the residents can go and meet the others in the other buildings. They also have a bus to take her to Trader Joes.

April 11, 2014

By Mary83127750

It was clean. The place and the staff seemed nice. The residents looked happy. The rooms were a good size and were clean. However, it was broken up into cottages so you wouldn't really get to know all the residents unlike if you were all in one area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

March 31, 2014

By Caring67320150

I like it. It is set up in little cottages. There were so many rooms; they were in clusters. I simply went there to visit friends who needed assistance, and I liked the layout better. It wasn't like walking into a big hotel; it's one story. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be going up and down elevators. The dining area was right outside of the rooms. They didn't eat in a big, common dining room. I like that concept. It was very clean and kept up. They could go outside easily and walk around. They had gardens, like courtyards, and I like that better. We did go to one party, and it was lovely. They had entertainment there. I like that place a lot.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

August 08, 2019

By jhandassociates

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to hear my mom tell me she loves the girls here and that they are so loving and caring. Came for a visit today and was greeted by Grace A., she told me it was National Happiness Day and to remember to make it a great day. So thankful to the staff in Elm, and many thanks for making my mother feel loved and at home.

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your positive review here! We are thrilled to hear this and will share with the team. We hope to see you again soon, have a wonderful day.

May 22, 2019

By Sandee123

My sister has been in memory care for the last 5 years and our whole family LOVES this place. We all feel the staff has wings, truly you have to have such a tender heart to work here and they do! Course, someone in our family calls her every day so the staff knows us and they know we are on top of her care - they call us by name and we know all of them, many feel like family!! I have not eaten here but my sister says the food is great! The facility has just gone thru a renovation so the decor in the family rooms and surrounding areas are up to date and beautiful, as are the grounds. If I were you, would not hesitate to put my relative here!

May 20, 2019

By Alan B.

The staff are kind and patient with my mom and the other residents. I can sense that mom likes her caregivers. The public areas were fully remodeled this year and are very clean and attractive. The grounds are beautiful. Mom is safe and secure at Pacifica Palm Springs.

Thank you Alan B., we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. We are so glad to see your kind words and will be sure to share with our team!
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The residents at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs are a vivacious, active group that love to have fun. The average resident age is a young 85. They love visiting the local art exhibits and taking in the numerous music shows around.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Because there are so many different resident hobbies and interests, the Activities Department plans a variety of activities and events. These activities range from Cooking classes and Salsa competitions to gardening arranging and gardening to a reading club and poetry writing to painting and woodworking projects. The residents at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs also like to give back to the community and promote charitable events, such as their annual Coachella Valley Rescue Mission backpack drive.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our location is centrally located close to the Mizzel Senior Center, as well as the Palm Springs Community Center. Shopping of all kinds are nearby, the list includes grocery stores, drugstores, discount stores and many more. There are also enough restaurants to meet the need of your cravings at any given time.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to assisted living residents?

3 day a week outings and shopping trips. 2 day a week medical transportation to and from doctor appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs Restaurant offers multiple entrees for each meal ranging from an omelet of your choice to Chicken Cordon Blue to Pork loin, as well as an always available menu for those times you feel like a lighter or more casual meal. Come try a meal and see for yourself.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to assisted living residents?

Not only is your well-being secured by a state-of-the-art emergency call system in your apartment, but we also have on-site security for the evening hours.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly calendar, mail invitations, Facebook. Every six months our Resident Care Director reviews service plans with our Residents and Families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs during daytime and nighttime hours?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs values the need for proper care and staffing, which is why we do not staff per a ratio. All staffing is based on the current needs and acuity of the residents. This allows for a more comprehensive care level for your loved one.

If Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept animals! We have numerous dog pick-up stations around property. We include our furrbabies in many events. Recently, we had a pet photo shoot!!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs provides a monthly employee training and information meeting, along with individualized IPECD

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a licensed vocational nurse, a memory care director, a med tech, three caregivers, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, two caregivers, and a licensed vocational nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs provide to protect residents who wander?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs has 2 specialized cottages with our “Legacy” program. These units are equipped with delayed egress to protect our wandering residents. We also have a safe and secure court yard for our residents to enjoy fresh air and sunshine.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and memory care director. Group activities including, but not limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the licensed vocational nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, licensed vocational nurse, and memory care director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs is a small cottage style community, which affords the best of both suburban and rural settings. Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs is conveniently located within close proximity to Mizell Senior center and other support facilities.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with Desert Regional Medical Center, Eisenhower Medical Center and John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

• Diabetic

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

We have 4 assisted living and 2 memory care cottages plus one community center cottage. We offer a wide variety of events including exercise, card games, and we have many clubs to be a part of. We offer transportation 5 days a week to various outings and doctor appointments.

We offer beautiful mountain views, palm trees, a gazebo and much more!

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs