Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

1780 East Baristo Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 13 days

Concession of $500 off for three months totaling $1500. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

September 08, 2021

By Ilse

I did a tour of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. It was very nice, cozy, but there was a heaviness and darkness above me when I walked in. There was a misunderstanding. I had an appointment and there was an emergency and he had to leave. When I arrived for my appointment, they told me that there was no appointment. I had the printout from the computer and showed them. She went and got the health administrator, and he took me around. He was fine, he didn't do that regularly, so there were some little things that he didn't know. But all in all, he was very nice, very accommodating. He did the best he could under the circumstances. There was a dining area in each cottage. The staff stood up to the plate. It was very nicely kept, that is no doubt, it's clean. It feels more like an institution. The furniture was beautiful; I'm very traditional and I love traditional furniture. It wasn't airy, so you felt like you were old and sick, because of the feeling you got.

July 30, 2021

By Bridget C,

Pacifica Palm Springs was the first senior community I visited here. I pass it daily because I just live three blocks away. My brother has a debilitating disorder, so I wanted him to move from CO to be here closer to his family, because I knew that would make a HUGE difference in his daily life. The director, Tom, could not be more outgoing, kind and compassionate, and so attentive to details. His follow-up has been incredible. I feel like my brother and his care is a priority at PPS, which gives us a great sense of calm. He has put my brother's mind at ease. The staff is warm and welcoming. The environment is spotless. Everyone seems so happy to be able to work here and that says a lot! I am happy we chose Pacifica and I am sure your family will as well.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

April 15, 2021

By Tony

I was able to tour Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. The staff members were nice. Everything was fine, it's just for the money, the room was small. The facility itself was nice. The neighborhood was not quite as nice as the other place, but the location was good and the layout was OK.

Hi Tony, thank you for your consideration and feedback, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). We would love the opportunity to change your mind and have you back. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities! Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

March 19, 2021

By Bonnie

I was very pleased with Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs, but it was more than we could afford, and it's too far from where our home is, so distance is a problem. Nevertheless, I was impressed with the fact that a lot of their employees have been there for many years. They're very friendly, too. The layout was good, and the place was well cared for. For people who live there, there are a lot of amenities close by that they could access.

Hi Bonnie, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

February 08, 2021

By The Andersons

Thank you so much Sales Team! You guys have allowed us to honor Boyd's wishes of staying in Palm Springs and we know that he is cared for greatly. It's been so hard as we want him here with us in Colorado (where he does NOT want to be). Without you guys there in Palm Springs we would have moved him up here, which we know mentally would have been even harder on him. So our gratitude is exponential!

January 03, 2021

By Leona

I visited Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs and a supervisor walked me through the grounds. I think what is included in the price is cleaning up and bringing in your meals, they give a cable TV, but if you want someone to do medicine or other things, you have to pay them more money. The room was very nice and beautiful. They also had a restaurant. They had exercise and that sort of thing and they also had therapy, but you have to pay additional money for memory care and things like that. They offer you a base price and that includes the apartment, your meals, housekeeping, cable TV, and a ride to the doctor, but after that, if you had some needs, like you want someone to put the medicine together and give it to her, showering her and all that, you have to pay extra money. You need to be healthier than my mother; it would be a terrible place for my mother. You got to be able to take care of yourself there. I just had one visit and it made a nice impression. I liked it.

December 08, 2020

By Brit

On Sunday, November 15th, Lydia responded to my call to assist my husband, George, with his TV. We are so grateful for her help, her concern for the residents. Lydia is always a pleasure to speak with. I give her 10 stars!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

November 15, 2020

By Adam

I am very please with the care my mother receives at Pacifica Palm Springs. The caregivers are excellent and very attentive to mother's needs. I feel they go above and beyond their duties in caring for their residents. Pacifica Palm Springs has my highest recommendations!

November 15, 2020

By Arlene

When medtech Janet says, "I'll take care of it", it will be taken care of soon, not next week. Janet has the foresight and attentiveness to prevent issues before they escalate. While Pacifica is a warm and welcoming facility, it is made more "user friendly" by Janet and her enthusiasm. Thank you, Janet.

October 13, 2020

By ELGreen

Just remember to get all medical test done in advance if possible, makes the move less stressful for both the family and the new resident. It just helps. Otherwise it was easy and everyone was very nice and helpful.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

September 30, 2020

By ThisGrandson

This facility has friendly staff, and is kept relatively clean. There is no pool, which I feel is an essential tool for maintaining elder health. I have been told that the exercise classes are not available daily. Same with entertainment activities; they seem to be somewhat few and far between, when I would think there should be something each morning, and each evening at least. I have also been told there is not always fresh fruit available for the residents on a given day, let alone a given meal.. it's possible that's not completely accurate, and the selection of fruit is the real problem. Either way, I feel my relative should have access to just about any food she reasonably desires without family needing to bring her supplies. There is limited transportation options, and I have been told it's not always an option to join the group outings if another resident who needs to use the lift also wishes to attend.. again, however, these outings don't seem to be as often as I would like. There are no heaters in the bathrooms, and if the resident desires one, they must purchase it themselves. Any assistance the resident needs (getting dressed, going to the bathroom, bathing or the like) comes at an extra fee, which is not completely unreasonable, but which new residents should be aware of, as the price is already substantial enough you may well expect those kind of services would be included. The rooms are reasonable small bedrooms with a private bathroom, and a mini fridge. (Or, maybe the family brought in the fridge) A couple hundred square feet, there's space for a desk, lazy chair, bed, and the dresser / TV. There's not really any storage space, or enough room to comfortably pursue a hobby, such as sewing, in the room. Every time I speak with my relative, she complains about the food, complains about being bored, complains about lack of exercise, and complains that she's not part of a community. It's all good natured, and something of a hobby of hers, so it's hard to say what the situation really is during my infrequent visits, however, I really feel the facility doesn't do nearly enough to try to provide stimulation and exercise for the more geriatric residents.

Hi grandson, thank you very much for all your candid comments. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve but we appreciate your feedback will share with the team.

June 03, 2020

By Jessie

Met Judy S. Visited the facility in May and loved the warmth with which we were met and made the decision right on the spot that this was home.

October 10, 2019

By Joan

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs was very nice, but I was horrified by the size of the rooms and their closets. They were very small. They have studios and one-bedrooms. I had lunch there and it was very good. Their staff was very nice and very warm. However, I couldn't get over the rooms.

Hi Joan, thank you for considering our award winning community although we are alarmed that you were horrified. That is not our intention and want to share that we are extremely proud of our community and support staff. Our senior living community has the experience of a desert resort and is spread across 4.5 acres of pristine landscapes. It features extensive open grounds with multiple walking paths and show-stopping mountain views, relaxing patios, a palatial pergola lounge, and a lovely garden. We also have private dining areas in each cottage, as well as a beauty and barber salon and a cozy clubhouse with a fireplace lounge. Our activity department is off the charts! We have a multitude of engaging activities for our residents and their families. See some of what our residents are up to on our Facebook page. We would like to invite you to some of our upcoming events that might interest you, you can find them on our Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs Facebook page and/or Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs website. Again, thank you for coming in and we hope to see you again soon.

September 30, 2019

By Deanna

We saw Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs assisted living and memory care facilities. It's very nice, and I have my mother on a waiting list there. The apartment was nice and good sized. The staff was all very nice. They had a van that will take people to doctors' appointments and outings. The dining area was very nice, it's like you're in a little restaurant where they serve you, and the food was good.

Thank you Deanna, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs.

June 05, 2019

By Palm Spring Resident

I volunteer at Pacifica & spend time with the Residents. The Staff is very kind & helpful. The Residents are always in a cheerful mood. Never do I hear any complaints from them. It's a real nice facility & I will always recommend Pacifica.

Thank you for your positive review we are so glad to hear all the positive comments! Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, their families and our volunteers! We appreciate you volunteering here and for sharing your perspective. Did you know we have a Facebook page that we share our daily activities to, its a fun way to see what the residents get to experience during the day! We hope to see you at one of our fun events this month! Thank you again!

May 22, 2019

By CaroBee

My Brother is a resident at Pacifica Senior Living in Palm Springs. It is a beautiful facility with wonderful cottages and beautiful grounds. There is a choice in Senior Living in terms of numbers of rooms, from one to three that I know of. The food is quite good. It is, however, the PEOPLE who work at Pacifica who make all the difference. My bother visited a friend there for some 7 years before becoming himself a resident. Those who work at Pacifica always have time for the Residents, and are willing to step outside their own jobs to handle other matters. They are clearly dedicated to this work, and clearly love working with seniors. I highly recommend Pacifica. The people here are very dedicated.

Hello, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience here, we appreciate it. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

July 14, 2015

By Victor8

It was very nice. It was one of the two places I'm looking at. However, transportation is a problem for me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring.

August 27, 2014

By James93423750

This was the facility we liked the most. If my mother-in-law is going into a home, that’s where she will go. We went through one of the buildings and saw the facilities in that building as well as the one for the Alzheimer’s patients. We visited the main buildings and the grounds, too. We really liked the idea of separate buildings, where each building had something like 15 patients and its own dining room. We thought that would be really good for my mother-in-law. Also, it was just a smaller atmosphere than the ones we've read about or visited. The building itself is pretty much self-contained. It’s very clean. Everybody there seemed to be enjoying themselves. There are people in the common areas talking and playing games and stuff. We saw the larger apartments with more than one room. They’re very nice. We visited the one with a single room; I thought that would just be perfect. It's a very nice size, and it can be set up to meet the needs of anyone I can imagine. The rooms in the dementia area were the same as in the other buildings, except there’s more security, of course. We went to the dementia part because the guide wanted to show us one of the rooms that they didn’t have available in the other facility, but it was identical. We weren’t considering putting my mother-in-law in the dementia part, but I thought it was a very nice place.

Thank you for letting us know about your visit we are now under new ownership and invite you back to see the Pacifica difference!

May 27, 2014

I felt comfortable with this community; it was clean. We moved my grandmother there, and she has friends already. The staff was exceptional during the visit, very informative, answered a lot of questions, and showed us the unit that was available. They were also very accommodating when she moved in. My grandmother plays Bingo every day, has her hair done, and watches movies a lot. The venues for the movies are in different buildings, so the residents can go and meet the others in the other buildings. They also have a bus to take her to Trader Joes.

April 11, 2014

By Mary83127750

It was clean. The place and the staff seemed nice. The residents looked happy. The rooms were a good size and were clean. However, it was broken up into cottages so you wouldn't really get to know all the residents unlike if you were all in one area.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

March 31, 2014

By Caring67320150

I like it. It is set up in little cottages. There were so many rooms; they were in clusters. I simply went there to visit friends who needed assistance, and I liked the layout better. It wasn't like walking into a big hotel; it's one story. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be going up and down elevators. The dining area was right outside of the rooms. They didn't eat in a big, common dining room. I like that concept. It was very clean and kept up. They could go outside easily and walk around. They had gardens, like courtyards, and I like that better. We did go to one party, and it was lovely. They had entertainment there. I like that place a lot.

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

October 27, 2020

By BILL MOSBY

The BEST stress relief! Pacifica Palm Springs gave me something that no other memory care facility has: They have relieved the mountain of stress that I was dealing with. They solved my medical/transportation problems by working closely with the VA and various other medical providers to arrange appointments/transportation/companions. They provided insight and solutions for intimate physical issues that I wasn't equipped to handle, physically or emotionally. They sat down with me on several occasions to sort out "next steps" and options to deal with new behaviors. Pacifica's approach has always been: "What can we do make your relative as comfortable, happy and secure as possible--and at the same time relieve your stress and tension?" Their kindness to their residents and the families and friends of their residents is obvious in every encounter with staff--in person, on the phone, in texts and emails. They are always available to answer questions. Thank you, Pacifica!

July 21, 2020

By srh9

Can't say enough of how pleased I am with the care my Mother is receiving. She seems to be settling in very nicely and adjusting very well with the help of the wonderful staff. Especially Judy, John and Pamela. You are angels!

August 08, 2019

By jhandassociates

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to hear my mom tell me she loves the girls here and that they are so loving and caring. Came for a visit today and was greeted by Grace A., she told me it was National Happiness Day and to remember to make it a great day. So thankful to the staff in Elm, and many thanks for making my mother feel loved and at home.

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your positive review here! We are thrilled to hear this and will share with the team. We hope to see you again soon, have a wonderful day.

May 22, 2019

By Sandee123

My sister has been in memory care for the last 5 years and our whole family LOVES this place. We all feel the staff has wings, truly you have to have such a tender heart to work here and they do! Course, someone in our family calls her every day so the staff knows us and they know we are on top of her care - they call us by name and we know all of them, many feel like family!! I have not eaten here but my sister says the food is great! The facility has just gone thru a renovation so the decor in the family rooms and surrounding areas are up to date and beautiful, as are the grounds. If I were you, would not hesitate to put my relative here!

May 20, 2019

By Alan B.

The staff are kind and patient with my mom and the other residents. I can sense that mom likes her caregivers. The public areas were fully remodeled this year and are very clean and attractive. The grounds are beautiful. Mom is safe and secure at Pacifica Palm Springs.

Thank you Alan B., we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. We are so glad to see your kind words and will be sure to share with our team!
See all Memory Care reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third-party vendor.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The residents at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs are a vivacious, active group that loves to have fun. The average resident age is a young 85. They love visiting the local art exhibits and taking in the numerous music shows around.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Because there are so many different resident hobbies and interests, the Activities Department plans a variety of activities and events. These activities range from Cooking classes and Salsa competitions to flower arranging and gardening to a reading club and poetry writing to painting and woodworking projects. The residents at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs also like to give back to the community and promote charitable events, such as their annual Coachella Valley Rescue Mission backpack drive and hosting a quarterly Blood Drive.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our location is centrally located close to the Mizzel Senior Center, as well as the Palm Springs Public Library. Shopping of all kinds is nearby, the list includes grocery stores, drugstores, discount stores, and many more. There are also enough restaurants to meet the need of your cravings at any given time.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to assisted living residents?

3 days a week outings and shopping trips. 2 days a week medical transportation to and from doctor appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs Restaurant offers multiple entrees for each meal ranging from an omelet of your choice to Chicken Cordon Blue to Pork loin, as well as an always-available menu for those times you feel like a lighter or more casual meal. Come try a meal and see for yourself.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to assisted living residents?

Not only is your well-being secured by a state-of-the-art emergency call system in your apartment, but we also have on-site security for the evening hours.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly calendar, mail invitations, Facebook. Every six months our Resident Service Director reviews service plans with our residents and families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs during daytime and nighttime hours?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs values the need for proper care and staffing, which is why we do not staff per a ratio. All staffing is based on the current needs and acuity of the residents. This allows for a more comprehensive care level for your loved one.

If Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept animals! We have numerous dog pick-up stations around the property. We include our furbabies in many events. Recently, we had a pet photoshoot!!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs provides monthly employee training and informative all-staff meetings.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a licensed vocational nurse, a memory care director, a med tech, a caregiver, an activities director, and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff is comprised of a med tech, a caregiver, and a licensed vocational nurse on-call.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs provide to protect residents who wander?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs has 2 specialized cottages with our “Legacy” program. These units are equipped with delayed egress to protect our wandering residents. We also have a safe and secure court yard for our residents to enjoy fresh air and sunshine.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and memory care director. Group activities including, but not limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the licensed vocational nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, licensed vocational nurse, and memory care director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs is a small cottage style community, which affords the best of both suburban and rural settings. Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs is conveniently located within close proximity to Mizell Senior center and other support facilities.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with Desert Regional Medical Center, Eisenhower Medical Center and John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

• Diabetic

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs

We look forward to caring for you or a loved one. Rest assured that every amenity we offer was created to meet your unique needs, whether they exist now or develop over time. Your peace of mind is our most important priority, and we endeavor to provide all the comforts of home for you or your loved one. We look forward to becoming an extension of your family.

We have 4 assisted living and 2 memory care cottages plus one community center cottage. We offer a wide variety of events including exercise, card games, and we have many clubs to be a part of. We offer transportation 5 days a week to various outings and doctor appointments.

We offer beautiful mountain views, palm trees, a gazebo and much more!

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Springs