Sun Oak Senior Living

Sun Oak Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sun Oak Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Sun Oak Senior Living

October 27, 2015

My wife was in Sun Oak before. It was a very good location. She was in there just after she had a rough time with her health, and they were very kind and helpful with her and helped her get back on her feet. I am forever grateful for the warmth that they gave her the whole time. Rooms, activities, food -- everything was really well done. One of the things I liked about it was that their structure was completely enclosed on the exterior, so that they can have both Alzheimer's patients and other types of patients in the same facility without people feeling enclosed. It was a very pleasant environment for that purpose, and the staff there was just wonderful -- really good people. They were really special.

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review for Sun Oak Senior Living Community. We are pleased to read that your wife is now doing better and that it was pleasant with really good people during her stay. I will share with all of the teams your thoughtful comments. Our exterior space accommodates all of our residents and feels like a garden space. Residents and staff gravitate towards this space. If we can be of any assistance to you or your wife, please let us know. - Sincerely, the team at Sun Oak

July 14, 2015

By Dorothy109813050

My brother is in Sun Oak Assisted Living. I could not recommend a better place. I like everything about it. My family says the food is great. The apartments are nice and clean. They have physical therapy. The staff is professional.

Dorothy, thank you for writing a review and recommending Sun Oak Senior Living. We love that you like everything about the community. I will share your compliments with our teams and include the food is great compliment to the Culinary Director. We hope your brother is doing well and if we can be of any assistance, please let us know. - Sincerely, the team at Sun Oak

May 22, 2015

There is no perfect place around, but they seem to be doing a good job here at Sun Oak. I don't need assisted living myself, but I am here with my wife. I have a feeling that I really shouldn't abandon her and at least try to work with her and go through whatever she is going through. The place is fairly institutionalized, but for an institution, the cleanliness is above average. The staffs are friendly and accommodating because whatever I ask, they'll do. I am in the assisted living center. The rooms are small, but I really don't have any complaints.

Our hearts go out to you as you maneuver through caring for your wife. Here at Sun Oak Senior Living, we understand your plight and will accommodate you throughout your stay. I am happy to read that the staff is friendly and helpful. Please stay in touch with our staff - Sincerely, the team at Sun Oak

April 24, 2015

By Adrienne B.

The staff is good at Sun Oak. My parents’ apartment is only 340 square feet. There is a memory care locked facility with rooms of the same size. The total population is about 72 residents. They have a beautiful dining room. They serve three meals a day plus a little snack. It looks like a restaurant. They have activities like bingo and watching movies, and they take them out to shopping centers and to various events. They have a haircutting salon on site. They also have bible studies and sing-alongs. Security is good. If there is one thing they can improve on, it may be the food. My mom says it is a little bland.

Adrienne, thank you for choosing Sun Oak Senior Living Community for your parents. We agree the dining room is beautiful and are pleased that you mentioned the activities and entertainment options available. I appreciate the food comment, and we will follow up. If we can serve you or your parents, please let us know. - Sincerely, the team at Sun Oak

November 14, 2014

By Sandy44

Sun Oak was an older facility but it was very nice and airy. It has a nice backyard where they could garden if they want to, there was a walking path which was pretty long and it was gated. They had a nice game room and everything was very clean, neat and new looking. I watched the helpers and they were very kind with the residents. I’ve been there for lunch and it was very nice and the food was nutritious which I liked. I was very impressed because they didn’t try to impress me.

Sandy, thank you for touring Sun Oak Senior Living Community. Our exterior courtyard is a resident favorite, and the walking path/garden area is nice and airy. I will share with our teams your impressions of our staff and the community as a whole. We hope you find the perfect place to call home for you or your loved one. - Sincerely, the team at Sun Oak

Memory Care Reviews for Sun Oak Senior Living

Photos of Sun Oak Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Sun Oak Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

About Sun Oak Senior Living

Sun Oak Senior Living is located in beautiful Citrus Heights where the Sacramento Valley meets the rolling Sierra Nevada foothills. We are just a short drive from Sacramento in a residential neighborhood. Adjacent to our comfortable and well-appointed community are walking trails where you’ll see wildlife!

We provide assisted living and memory care services for elders from meal preparation and social activities to Alzheimer’s and family support. We believe in person-centered and elder-directed care. We warmly welcome you to experience the good people who live and work in our senior living community. Our team believes if you do the right thing, the right things happen. You will hear lots of laughter and giggles!

Sun Oak Senior Living offers community amenities that enhance the home-like environment while encouraging the social interaction of community living. We also encourage community and family connections and the changing environment in which those are maintained--which is why we are proud to offer amenities such as free wireless internet access and programming to assist elders with learning to use their devices.

Map of Sun Oak Senior Living