13 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Washington, WI
Also serving communities of Saukville.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Port Washington area, with 3 in Port Washington and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Port Washington is $4,033 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Port Washington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Port Washington 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grafton with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Port Washington, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Port Washington, WI
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Washington, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Port Washington
Port Washington is home to several parks, including the Coal Dock Park, where visitors can walk the 1,500-foot promenade or the 80-foot pedestrian bridge that provides access to Lake Michigan. The city has a little over 11,000 residents and a senior community that makes up 15% of the total population. To accommodate seniors, Port Washington has three assisted living facilities, and there are 10 more in nearby cities.
In Port Washington, as in the rest of Wisconsin, assisted living facilities are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. They are divided into three categories: community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes and adult family homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Port Washington
- According to data gathered by the American Lung Association, the county in which Port Washington is located has very high ozone pollution levels but very low particle pollution levels. The county was given an F for ozone pollution, also called smog, which may negatively impact the health of seniors with conditions like asthma or heart disease. However, the county was given an A for short-term particle pollution and a passing score for annual particle pollution.
- In Port Washington, as in all of the state, retirees pay state income tax on disbursements from private pensions and income drawn from retirement savings accounts. Income from Social Security and government pensions are not taxed at the state level.
- The Port Washington area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Grafton.
Safety in Port Washington is rated 64 out of 100, indicating that the city has a lower crime rate than 64% of U.S. cities of all sizes. Furthermore, its crime rate is lower than 54% of communities across the state. This may make the city an attractive option for active seniors.
- Port Washington experiences warm summers with highs near 80 degrees and relatively low humidity levels, which may appeal to seniors who are sensitive to heat. Winters are cold and windy with highs around 30 degrees.
- The overall cost of living in Port Washington is about 6% higher than state and national averages, which may be a concern for seniors with restrictive budgets. Healthcare expenses, in particular, are high, coming in about 7% more than the national average.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Port Washington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Port Washington start around $4,033 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Port Washington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Port Washington
Low-income retirees in Port Washington may receive assistance with paying for services in assisted living through the state's Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program and the SSI-E Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Port Washington
Port Washington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Port Washington, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Port Washington
Port Washington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Port Washington
Review of Lincoln Village Senior Living
Our tour at Lincoln Village went very well. The lady who accommodated us took us from the independent to assisted living, and showed us the dining room. They had a library, a lot of activities, and... Read more
Review of Harbor Campus
Harbor Campus is an older facility that was not as spacious and not as desirable. It's a converted hospital, so the rooms were small. They didn't have an exercise area or pool. The dining area didn... Read more
Review of Ellen's Home of Port Washington
Ellen's Home of Port Washington is nice, small, and clean. The staff is very attentive and keeps the residents very busy with lots of activities. The food has been good. My father is eating three m... Read more