50 Assisted Living Facilities near Mequon, WI
Also serving communities of Thiensville.
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mequon area, with 2 in Mequon and 48 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mequon is $4,276 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Brown Deer with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 142 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mequon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mequon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brown Deer with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mequon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mequon, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mequon
Located in Ozaukee County, Mequon, Wisconsin is known for its lush scenery and expansive landscapes. The city has a large senior population, with 23.5 percent of its 24,000 residents aged 65 years and older, some of whom may require the type of daily care provided by an assisted living community.
In Mequon, and across the state of Wisconsin, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs), adult family homes and adult day care are all considered types of assisted living facilities. Around 50 of these facilities can be found in and around Mequon, all of which are licensed, registered and certified by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mequon
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors can enjoy the natural beauty of the Ozaukee Interurban Trail. Mequon is also conveniently located just a short drive from cities like Cedarburg and Milwaukee, which are home to a host of unique arts and entertainment opportunities.
- At 135.9, the cost of living in Mequon is much higher than the Wisconsin state average of 97.8, which is considered slightly more affordable than the U.S. national average of 100. This may be something for seniors with a limited income to consider when budgeting for care services.
- Compared to surrounding areas, crime rates in Mequon are very low, which may make the city an appealing choice for seniors. On a scale to 100, with 100 representing high crime, violent crime is rated 7.4 and property crime receives a 16.8.
- Like much of Wisconsin, Mequon is known to experience harsh winters, which may impact the lifestyles of seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Residents can expect 46 inches of snow and an average low of 11 degrees.
- There is no fixed-route bus system in Mequon; however, Ozaukee County offers many transportation options for seniors to travel both locally and to nearby communities, including the Ozaukee County Shared Ride Taxi service, Ozaukee Family Services transportation service and Transtar Medical Transport.
- Mequon has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Grafton and West Bend.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mequon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Mequon start around $4,276 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mequon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mequon
In the state of Wisconsin, seniors can receive financial assistance to help cover the costs of assisted living services through both Medicaid waiver programs and non-Medicaid state-funded programs, including the Community Option Program and Supplemental Security Income exceptional expense (SSI-E) payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mequon
Mequon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mequon, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Mequon Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mequon
Mequon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mequon
Review of Newcastle Place
My mother started at Newcastle Place in Independent living. It was a wonderful experience. Everyone paid attention to her to make sure she was well and taking care of herself. The food was amazing... Read more
Review of Newcastle Place
I love my apartment and love being able to look out my window and visit with family. Throughout my time here the staff have been amazing and are so dedicated to their work. The activity programming... Read more
Review of Newcastle Place
Since I lost my mobility and ability to breathe and need oxygen I find the workers are so well trained to take care of me I feel the staff treat me as a personal friend and really get to know me a... Read more