30 Assisted Living Facilities near Grafton, WI
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Grafton area, with 3 in Grafton and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Grafton is $4,136 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cedarburg with an average starting cost of $3,616.
To help you with your search, browse the 90 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Grafton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Grafton 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mequon with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Grafton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Grafton, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grafton
Grafton is a lakeshore community in the northern Milwaukee area, not far from the Kettle Moraine State Forest, but close enough to the city for shopping trips. Home to just 11,600 people, 17.5 percent of Grafton's population is seniors age 65 and over. The area in and around town is home to at least 29 assisted living facilities, where seniors can live as independently and with as much privacy as their health allows.
These communities, like assisted living facilities across the state, are licensed through the Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bureau of Assisted Living Division of Quality Assurance, which inspects residential care properties.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grafton
- The weather in Grafton is mild in summer, averaging daily high temperatures of just 78 degrees. Winters are chilly, with overnight lows in January of just 13 degrees. The area around Grafton gets 33 inches of rain and 38 inches of snow a year. Pollen counts can be high in spring and summer, which may be an issue for some seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Grafton is 13 percent higher than the national average. Wisconsin's standard of living is just slightly less than the national average, which puts Grafton high on the scale for the state. Healthcare is likewise above average, costing seniors around 7 percent more than the national rate.
- Crime rates in Grafton are very low across the board. In all categories combined, Grafton experiences just 25 percent as much crime as the typical town its size nationwide. Much of the local crime rate is property offenses, such as theft, while violent crime is even less common.
- Public transportation in Grafton is provided by two major carriers, the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) and the Ozaukee County Express. MCTS operates regular bus service throughout the Milwaukee area, with stops as far north as South Grafton. Seniors ride these routes at a discount, and dial-a-ride service is available. Ozaukee County Express operates six park-and-ride stations in the Grafton area, where riders can catch an express route to downtown Milwaukee five days a week on ADA-compliant vehicles.
- The Grafton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Aurora Health Center-Grafton and Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Grafton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program, an organization that helps Grafton seniors cover the cost of overdue home energy bills, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grafton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Grafton start around $4,136 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grafton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grafton
Seniors in Grafton who meet the federal guidelines for low-income assistance or SSI may be able to get help with the cost of assisted living through the Wisconsin Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grafton
Grafton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Grafton, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grafton
Grafton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Grafton
Review of Village Pointe Commons
I toured Village Pointe Commons for my mom. It was fine, very modern, and everyone was friendly. The staff seemed very friendly, too. They showed us the apartment and it was fine. I did not see a r... Read more
Review of Village Pointe Commons
Village Pointe Commons is very nice. My mother gets help with bathing, clothing, dressing, and using the bathroom. She gets three meals a day and in-house therapy. The staff is very nice. There's n... Read more
Review of Rosewood Manor
Emmy, Amber, Kim and the rest of the staff at Rosewood are absolutely fantastic. My father recently spent his last weeks with us surrounded by their caring staff. It was obvious how much they care ... Read more