The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Glendale, WI for 2023
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Glendale area, with 2 in Glendale and 43 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Glendale is $4,482 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 110 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glendale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Glendale 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jackson with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Glendale find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glendale, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Glendale, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glendale
Glendale, known as one of Wisconsin’s premier communities, has two large parks for the area’s 2,908 seniors to walk through as they enjoy the landscape. Seniors can also stroll along the Milwaukee River taking in the beauty of Glendale’s waterfall.
Seniors who need assistance with the activities of everyday life can find support in one of the two assisted living facilities located within the city or in one of the 39 area facilities located in such cities as Shorewood, Milwaukee and Bayside. In Glendale, as is the case in all of Wisconsin, these facilities are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glendale
- The Glendale area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin and, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Glendale is 105.4, higher than both the state average of 97.8 and the U.S. average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay more for healthcare and transportation here than they would in other areas of the state or country, which is something seniors with chronic medical conditions may want to consider.
- Wisconsin fully taxes retirement savings account income and private pensions which could impact how much money Glendale seniors have to put toward their expenses.
- Seniors with cardiovascular or respiratory illnesses may find their symptoms do not worsen in Glendale. The city has an air quality rating of 71, more than 10 points higher than the national average of 100.
- Seniors can feel safe when out and about in Glendale where the violent crime rating is 16.1, more than 4 points lower than the national average of 22.7. Property crime rates in the area are 91, almost 60 points higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors may want to ensure that prospective Glendale facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art security systems.
- Glendale residents enjoy summers where July highs hit 83 degrees and winters where January lows rarely drop below 14. The city gets 34 inches of rain and 45 inches of snowfall annually, compared to the U.S. respective averages of 38 and 28 inches. Seniors who rely on mobility aids may have difficulty getting around during the winter months. Despite all of the precipitation in the area, the city still sees 193 sunny days each year, slightly lower than the U.S. average of 205, which should still allow for plenty of time participating in outdoor activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glendale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Glendale start around $4,482 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glendale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glendale
Wisconsin has an Elderly and Disabled waiver program that might help Glendale seniors who need assistance with their facility costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glendale
Glendale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glendale, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glendale
Glendale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Glendale, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Glendale
Review of Heartis Village North Shore
I have a lot of friends here at Heartis Village North Shore. It's really easy to meet people because there are a lot of activities. We just had a big St. Patrick's Day celebration. Usually the cele... Read more
Review of Heartis Village North Shore
My aunt and uncle live in Heartis Village North Shore. I have visited them many times there. When we knew we had to put my mom into assisted living, we thought that she could go there, because she ... Read more
Review of Laurel Oaks Senior Living
We went to look at Laurel Oaks Senior Living. The director was not available at that time, so it was pretty much a tour of what rooms they had available. It wasn't too much about the program and ho... Read more