5 Assisted Living Facilities near Lenoir City, TN
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lenoir City area, with 2 in Lenoir City and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lenoir City is $3,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cordova with an average starting cost of $3,669.
To help you with your search, browse the 52 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lenoir City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lenoir City 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Loudon with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lenoir City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lenoir City, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lenoir City
Known as the “Lake Capital of the South,” Lenoir City offers seniors a beautiful park system, easy access to three surrounding lakes and a short drive to Knoxville when big-city amenities beckon. Adults aged 65 and over make up approximately 11.5% of this Eastern Tennessee city’s population of about 8,600.
To support seniors who need help with personal care services and medical oversight, Lenoir City provides two assisted care living facilities (ACLFs). Nearby Loudon has another two communities. The Tennessee Department of Health’s Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, Office of Health Care Facilities regulates ACLFs for the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lenoir City
- Lenoir City seniors benefit from Tennessee's lack of a state income tax, which means Social Security benefits and all other forms of retirement income aren't taxed at the state level. Kiplinger ranked Tennessee fifth on the 2018 list of best states in which to retire.
- The American Lung Association gives Loudon County a “D” grade for ozone pollution and a “C” for particle pollution. Poor air quality can pose a serious health risk to older adults in Lenoir City with heart or lung conditions and to seniors who enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle.
- The Lenoir City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fort Loudon Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who prefer a dry and sunny climate may find Lenoir City’s 53 inches of annual rainfall challenging. While the sun shines 206 days per year on average, the city typically has 124 rainy days. However, it’s one of the warmest places in Tennessee in the winter months, with a January average nighttime temperature of 28.2.
- Lenoir City provides an array of community resources for seniors, including the Loudon County Senior Center, which offers fitness and educational programs, art and computer classes, day trips and health screenings.
- Lenoir City’s violent crime rate of 15.3 is lower than the national average of 22.7, but property crime is more prevalent. On a 100-point scale, the city rates a 55.6, exceeding the U.S. average of 35.4. It’s important to ensure all ACLFs under consideration provide adequate security and monitoring systems to protect senior residents.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lenoir City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Lenoir City start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lenoir City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lenoir City
Lower-income adults aged 65 and older in Lenoir City may be eligible for help paying for assisted living through the state’s Medicaid waiver TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Services and Supports program. Applicants must be eligible for the CHOICES Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lenoir City
Lenoir City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lenoir City, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lenoir City
Lenoir City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lenoir City
Review of River Oaks Place Lenoir City
River Oaks Place - Lenoir City was nice and clean, and the staff was great. The administrative staff that we dealt with was really good and seemed like they really cared about their residents. The ... Read more
Review of Morning Pointe of Lenoir City
The only other one I visited was Morning Pointe of Lenoir City. I liked it very much and if it had been up in Knoxville, I would have gone there. I was very impressed with it. I loved their rooms, ... Read more
Review of River Oaks Place Lenoir City
We visited several other places before deciding on this location for our Mother. We were looking for a place with staff that showed an interest in our Mother. Every person we met was welcoming an... Read more