21 Assisted Living Facilities near Oak Ridge, TN
Also serving communities of Clinton, Lafollette, Huntsville.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oak Ridge area, with 5 in Oak Ridge and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oak Ridge is $2,867 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cordova with an average starting cost of $2,244.
To help you with your search, browse the 202 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oak Ridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oak Ridge 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kingston with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oak Ridge, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Oak Ridge, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oak Ridge
Established by the U.S. government in 1942 to serve as a home base to the Manhattan Project, Oak Ridge lies in the eastern region of Tennessee and is part of the Knoxville Metropolitan Area. Today, Oak Ridge boasts a sizable senior population, with about 19 percent of its 29,000 residents aged 65 and older. Seniors who need help with the activities of daily living have five assisted living facilities to choose from in Oak Ridge with another 15 in nearby cities including Cordova, Kingston and Lenoir City.
Assisted living communities in Oak Ridge and the rest of Tennessee are called assisted care living facilities (ACLFs). The Department of Health’s Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, Office of Health Care Facilities regulates ACLFs for the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oak Ridge
- Oak Ridge offers seniors plentiful cultural amenities, including the American Museum of Science & Energy and an Art Center. The Oak Ridge Playhouse, Ballet and Symphony provide high-quality live entertainment, and June brings the popular Lavender Festival.
- Oak Ridge receives, on average, 53 inches of rainfall annually. This is much higher than the U.S. average of 39 inches. It can also be quite humid in the summers when the July high averages 88 degrees. For these reasons, Sperling’s Comfort Index for Oak Ridge is a relatively low 56 out of 100.
- Very good air quality in Anderson County means seniors with respiratory conditions can breathe easier in Oak Ridge. The American Lung Association gives the region an “A” grade for low ozone pollution.
- The Oak Ridge area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors enjoy a cost of living in Oak Ridge that’s about eight percent lower than the national average. While housing and grocery costs are lower, healthcare costs are approximately 29 percent higher here than the U.S. average.
- Oak Ridge’s violent crime ranking of 23 is in line with the U.S. average of 22.7. However, property crime is a bit lower at 28.9, compared to the national average of 35.4.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oak Ridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Oak Ridge start around $2,867 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oak Ridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oak Ridge
Tennessee helps lower-income adults pay for assisted living through its Medicaid TennCare CHOICES long-term care program. For assisted living benefits, applicants must be eligible for the CHOICES Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oak Ridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Oak Ridge Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oak Ridge
Review of The Groves at Oak Ridge
We visited The Groves at Oak Ridge for my mom, and that was a good visit. Everyone was really helpful and nice. It seemed very, very homey. Everybody seemed to know everybody, and the staff had bee... Read more
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Oak Ridge
This place is not for any human being to live. The lack of safety to others is completely and utterly dangerous. They are under review of safety regulations of others Read more
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Oak Ridge
Commonwealth Senior Living at Oak Ridge was very nice, but it was a big tall building and my friend would've been on the third floor, and she wouldn't want that. It was older, but it was in good co... Read more