The Groves at Oak Ridge

The Groves at Oak Ridge (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Groves at Oak Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for The Groves at Oak Ridge

April 20, 2015

I’m very pleased with Brookdale. They’re very caring, very honest, and very professional. My mother is in memory care. Security is very tight; it’s a lockdown. I think the food is good; it’s always hot and very attractive. They serve it well, and they have a nice variety. I think the fact that the facility is small, there is a lot of attention that’s given to the various people that live there, and that’s really good. I enjoyed the tours, the accommodations, and the personal contact that I had with each of the different employees there.

August 07, 2014

By Virginia31

We were treated very well. My parents liked this place so it's something they would probably consider at some point. They have a bus or shuttle that takes the residents out into the community on Tuesdays. I think they also had some kind of religious service on Sundays. The people who conduct it are members of the same church as my parents, so they thought that was really nice. Everything was clean and very nice. They had a little courtyard with bird baths; a bird feeder is attached to the windows. My parents really like that. One of the residents was gracious enough to allow the director to come in to her apartment so they can see her living space and give us a little tour. We interacted with her and we also spoke with some of the people in the social room -- they seemed clean, happy, and friendly. We also spoke with one of the nurses who was on duty there and she really impressed us.

June 26, 2014

By Sandra Hurd

My grandmother was placed here by us about 6 months ago. Chris and his team are warm, wonderful and caring people. My sister and I are nursing home administrators in Seattle, and we know quality when we see it! Very welcoming, residents well taken care of and always busy. The staff knew my grandmother well when we came to visit them in April and the communication was great. Thank you so much for the tender loving care you gave my beautiful grandmother. I would recommend Emeritus of Oak Ridge to anyone.

June 17, 2014

By Patricia86880650

Emeritus at Oak Ridge is very nice. It's the perfect place; we just couldn't afford it. We had a wonderful tour. We even got to go into a lady's apartment and see it furnished. We also saw one that was unfurnished. Everybody was just really nice.

December 30, 2013

By Henry6

Emeritus at Oak Ridge can't work with us until we get the VA approved. It seemed to be a good facility. It had a clean smell to it. The staff was great to the residents and they were very good to us during our visit. It is just the financial side that we are worried about right now and we are not able to do that.

December 28, 2013

By Tnhillbilly

I put my mom in an assisted living for a month and a half to give myself a break. She is now at Emeritus in Oak Ridge. It seems to meet our criteria and I really like it a lot. It's convenient because it's close. Everything is very nice. The food is delicious. I have gone there and eaten lunch with her a couple of times and it's just really nice. The rooms are large enough. They have their own private bath. They have lots of activities that she can participate in and everybody is really helpful. I've talked to some of the ladies that worked there and they are all very helpful as far as it goes. The people seemed to really care about their patients. Mom is always very religious and they have devotionals every morning. They have church services three times a week. They have some ladies that come in and give manicures on Tuesdays. It's just like a little community in itself. I think they just need to stress a little bit more that visitors coming in should register.

December 26, 2013

The first place I visited was Emeritus at Oak Ridge so I didn’t have a place to compare. It's up to date and modern. The director was very nice. It's seemed okay but I didn't see a lot of residents. I want to see people participate in a lot of activities.

August 21, 2013

By lovemymomma

You could not ask for a better place for your mother to reside. My mother resides at Emeritus at Oak Ridge and absolutely loves it. At first she was against the move, but the staff there made her fell welcome and I don't think we could drag her away now. Overall a wonderful experience and I could not ask for more.

Questions about The Groves at Oak Ridge

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Groves at Oak Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 88. Bingo and Bfit class are among the favorite things that our residents enjoy. We have a very active community that enjoy being out on the go when possible.

What programs or activities does The Groves at Oak Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Some of our programs include Befit, Flex your Brain, walking club, Bingo and cards, cooking classes, gardening club, knitting club. We have church groups that come in to do worship services and other entertainers that perform for our residents.

What places are near The Groves at Oak Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our beautiful Greenway and Marina is just down the road from our community. Our residents don’t walk there, but rather ride our bus to enjoy picnics, feeding the ducks, walking on the paths as well as enjoy watching the many rowing regattas that take place here.

What transportation services does The Groves at Oak Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

We have a community bus that transports to doctor visits and shopping trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Groves at Oak Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a wonderful variety of foods offered at our community.

What safety features or security measures does The Groves at Oak Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents are given a pendant to wear in case they need assistance.

How does The Groves at Oak Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have great communication from our nursing staff and Health and Wellness Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Groves at Oak Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

2/42

If The Groves at Oak Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have 3 courtyards that our resident pets enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff has monthly training.

What safety features or security measures does The Groves at Oak Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Careful staff monitoring if they are AL residents.

Costs for The Groves at Oak Ridge

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: ACL0000000128

About The Groves at Oak Ridge

The Groves at Oak Ridge is a community for seniors in Oak Ridge, TN. Outdoor ttractions to enjoy in the area include 16 parks, Melton Hill Lake and an outdoor public pool. The beautiful green landscape surrounding Oak Ridge fosters a relaxing, peaceful environment for seniors.

The Groves at Oak Ridge offers memory care, assisted living and respite care. Assistance is available for seniors who need help with daily tasks such as preparing food or bathing.

Fresh, homemade meals with locally sourced ingredients are provided three times daily, and catering for special events can be arranged. Seniors can choose from between several different floor plans ranging from 225 to 450 square feet. Amenities include a fitness center that’s open 24/7, as well as several elegantly furnished common areas, plenty of outdoor seating, an on-site library, and a breakfast bar and bistro.

With our residents in mind, we carefully designed our communities to provide the best in independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We achieve our mission to enhance the lives of seniors through extensive team training and personalized care for our residents. We aim to provide the most fulfilling lives possible for our residents, their families, and our team members.

Map of The Groves at Oak Ridge