The Groves at Oak Ridge

Reviews of The Groves at Oak Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for The Groves at Oak Ridge

August 07, 2014

By Virginia31

We were treated very well. My parents liked this place so it's something they would probably consider at some point. They have a bus or shuttle that takes the residents out into the community on Tuesdays. I think they also had some kind of religious service on Sundays. The people who conduct it are members of the same church as my parents, so they thought that was really nice. Everything was clean and very nice. They had a little courtyard with bird baths; a bird feeder is attached to the windows. My parents really like that. One of the residents was gracious enough to allow the director to come in to her apartment so they can see her living space and give us a little tour. We interacted with her and we also spoke with some of the people in the social room -- they seemed clean, happy, and friendly. We also spoke with one of the nurses who was on duty there and she really impressed us.

December 28, 2013

By Tnhillbilly

I put my mom in an assisted living for a month and a half to give myself a break. She is now here. It seems to meet our criteria and I really like it a lot. It's convenient because it's close. Everything is very nice. The food is delicious. I have gone there and eaten lunch with her a couple of times and it's just really nice. The rooms are large enough. They have their own private bath. They have lots of activities that she can participate in and everybody is really helpful. I've talked to some of the ladies that worked there and they are all very helpful as far as it goes. The people seemed to really care about their patients. Mom is always very religious and they have devotionals every morning. They have church services three times a week. They have some ladies that come in and give manicures on Tuesdays. It's just like a little community in itself. I think they just need to stress a little bit more that visitors coming in should register.

December 26, 2013

The first place I visited was here so I didn’t have a place to compare. It's up to date and modern. It's seemed okay but I didn't see a lot of residents. I want to see people participate in a lot of activities.

Questions about The Groves at Oak Ridge

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Groves at Oak Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 88. Bingo and Bfit class are among the favorite things that our residents enjoy. We have a very active community that enjoy being out on the go when possible.

What programs or activities does The Groves at Oak Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Some of our programs include Befit, Flex your Brain, walking club, Bingo and cards, cooking classes, gardening club, knitting club. We have church groups that come in to do worship services and other entertainers that perform for our residents.

What places are near The Groves at Oak Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our beautiful Greenway and Marina is just down the road from our community. Our residents don’t walk there, but rather ride our bus to enjoy picnics, feeding the ducks, walking on the paths as well as enjoy watching the many rowing regattas that take place here.

What transportation services does The Groves at Oak Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

We have a community bus that transports to doctor visits and shopping trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Groves at Oak Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a wonderful variety of foods offered at our community.

What safety features or security measures does The Groves at Oak Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents are given a pendant to wear in case they need assistance.

How does The Groves at Oak Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have great communication from our nursing staff and Health and Wellness Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Groves at Oak Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

2/42

If The Groves at Oak Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have 3 courtyards that our resident pets enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff has monthly training.

What safety features or security measures does The Groves at Oak Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Careful staff monitoring if they are AL residents.

Costs for The Groves at Oak Ridge

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: ACL0000000128

About The Groves at Oak Ridge

The Groves at Oak Ridge is a community for seniors in Oak Ridge, TN. Outdoor ttractions to enjoy in the area include 16 parks, Melton Hill Lake and an outdoor public pool. The beautiful green landscape surrounding Oak Ridge fosters a relaxing, peaceful environment for seniors.

The Groves at Oak Ridge offers memory care, assisted living and respite care. Assistance is available for seniors who need help with daily tasks such as preparing food or bathing.

Fresh, homemade meals with locally sourced ingredients are provided three times daily, and catering for special events can be arranged. Seniors can choose from between several different floor plans ranging from 225 to 450 square feet. Amenities include a fitness center that’s open 24/7, as well as several elegantly furnished common areas, plenty of outdoor seating, an on-site library, and a breakfast bar and bistro.

With our residents in mind, we carefully designed our communities to provide the best in independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We achieve our mission to enhance the lives of seniors through extensive team training and personalized care for our residents. We aim to provide the most fulfilling lives possible for our residents, their families, and our team members.

Map of The Groves at Oak Ridge